The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of Luke, I wonder how mark Hamill looks now? It's been 3 months since we've seen him publicly since.

I read it all right. I also credited you for that Daniel Radcliffe thing too. ;)

I must say that this is such a low key viral campaign that most sites haven't caught on yet.

They just playing it safe, not jumping into conclusions like the fans.

Slow pan of a shadowy figure in the distance while some "hype dialogue" as I call it overlaps classic Williams music...when we get close enough to the figure (whose back is facing the audience), he whips out the lightsaber.

BOOM.

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII

SUMMER 2015

That's all I need.

Slow pan of a shadowy figure in the distance while some "hype dialogue" as I call it overlaps classic Williams music...when we get close enough to the figure (whose back is facing the audience), he whips out the lightsaber.

BOOM.

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII

SUMMER 2015

That's all I need.

I need that plus a title.

I need that plus a title.
I think those are the kind of details we'll get. I'm not expecting any teasers or anything, just info. If they throw in more, hey, i wont complain :woot:

I think those are the kind of details we'll get. I'm not expecting any teasers or anything, just info. If they throw in more, hey, i wont complain :woot:

That's what I'm thinking. Title, date, some cast members. If they a have a 'Luke Announcement Teaser' it'll be clips of the old movies or something, and (probably) more to do with 'the big three' than just Luke.

Last edited:
so nothing yet, but it feels like they're building towards revealing something?

Ya I'm not going overboard of what they may show. I think though October 30th hopefully they still will announce the title/date, and some of the casting. It would be cool to throw in some concept art. But even cooler if they did throw in a teaser.

They've re-released the trailers to ANH and ESB. I think that they're building to some kind of reveal. The question is will it be after the ROTJ trailer or will they re-release the PT trailers as well before revealing anything?

They've re-released the trailers to ANH and ESB. I think that they're building to some kind of reveal. The question is will it be after the ROTJ trailer or will they re-release the PT trailers as well before revealing anything?

I think this was previously covered in the thread, but the thinking is -

1- If they were doing all 6, they'd probably have done them in chronological order, since this is a sequel to RotJ.

2- They're actively trying to align themselves with the OT, and push the PT out of people's minds.

3- If it's just the OT, that puts the potential announcement date exactly a year from the EpVII/LucasFilm/Disney announcement, so there's a bit of symmetry there.

:yay:

Yeah it feels like a conscious decision not to show the teasers to the prequels...muahaha!

Good, they suck. I bet that if we get anything, that it will be some big casting announcement.

Nothing would interrupt the nostalgia from OT trailers more than a clip of Jar Jar having an animal fart in his face.

It makes me wonder if the trades (Hollywood Reporter, Wrap, Deadline) will have an easier time leaking out info about the film or not, since we may have a trajectory of the date when Disney releases official info?

Ya I'm not going overboard of what they may show. I think though October 30th hopefully they still will announce the title/date, and some of the casting. It would be cool to throw in some concept art. But even cooler if they did throw in a teaser.

If we get a teaser on 30th I'm positive that it'll be something more like a title reveal. A specific date is unlikely. You never know how things will end up during filming and nobody wants any delays.

Remember when Lucas said they wanted to announce the return of the big three with some 'big hoopla'? Hmm...

If we get a teaser on 30th I'm positive that it'll be something more like a title reveal. A specific date is unlikely. You never know how things will end up during filming and nobody wants any delays.

No...a specific date is more likely than a teaser. They know they date. Films are not something that get delayed very often in the world of Hollywood especially so far into pre-production. And it also is the same production schedule (actually earlier) then that of TA2 that comes out in May 2015. So no they know the date. That would be the easiest thing for them to give.

Last edited:
Remember when Lucas said they wanted to announce the return of the big three with some 'big hoopla'? Hmm...
Yeah, i've kept that in mind. Indeed, it seems he was on to something lol.

Funny thing is (let's not prequel trilogy bash) had Lucas still been in charge we would have probably gotten some info by now. When Indy spoilers hit the net Spielberg got really nervous and stressed and Lucas told him statistics indicated those spoiled on the web still go see the movie and not to worry about it. That's actually a pretty cool and laid back view to have on info. I think as more people in our age brackets become filmmakers that attitude toward leaks will be pretty much the norm. A little irritated that someone in your ranks is leaking stuff but ultimately it being a pretty minor thing.

Ehhh I don't think so. We did not get casting of most the principals for the PT until about a month or two prior. And he kept it pretty quiet in pre-production. Actually I'd say with what JJ did with Super 8 and ST09 (releasing trailers prior to filming) has more of a chance during this process to get something.

speaking of Luke, I wonder how mark Hamill looks now? It's been 3 months since we've seen him publicly since.

Ya someone got a picture of him yesterday.

cagi.jpg

:oldrazz:

I think Mark is spending his time over at Gym Jones, hanging with Cavill and Affleck.

He should call up Jackman and Hemsworth to. They could give him some good pointers.

That Ali Arikan guy that Solidus mentioned saying his source is 'rock solid':

https://mobile.twitter.com/aliarikan/status/390570534863638528

He seems to think McGregor and McDiarmid a definitely coming back in some capacity...?

And according to one poster on TF.N, there are some rumours trickling out that Hamill has recorded a voice over for this teaser.

My god this is exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back