Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt even mention her powers on my comment, lol

I was talking about the suspense in introducing her in the middle of the film, because we will be anticipating her during the whole first act.

I know lol. I somehow mixed up the order of the quotes I was replying to. I've fixed the post. I was replying to you about when we might first see her in the plot.

I like to not think too much about how and when we'll see her first, to have some mistery until the actual premiere.

Her role will be only on the future, and not the biggest role from that cast, so the less I know about her role, the better.

I doubt we'd get an idea beforehand when she will appear in her first scene. We can safely guess the bulk of her stuff is later, but we have no idea if we'll see her briefly sooner. That would be a spoiler.

Speculation isn't spoiling anything because it's not based on fact. It's based on guesswork. There's nothing wrong with guessing when she might appear, it's not like any of us know anything about Rogue's storyline for sure. We don't even know what she properly looks like yet.

The best we have is she's still got long hair and she might be in mutant prison. The woman is a mystery.

I'm sure we will be pleased with rogue, she was happy to reprise the role based on her role and participation in the movie, I'm sure that is enough to go on.

(Of course I like speculLating like everyone else!)

there will be a good clearer shot of rogue in the trailer i'm sure

I hope so. It would be nice to get a clear look at the hair, with it being a wig. We couldn't really tell in the leaked footage. And just to see if she does have an M and what older Rogue looks like.

We don't want a Storm's X1 hair situation. Rogue's hair looked alright in the leaked footage but the quality wasn't good enough to really tell.

Not that it's a make or break issue it's just I'm picky lol.

Lol, never fear xDOFPx I'm totally the same! Clare Danes in stardust annoyed very much!

Storm in x1 wasn't the best especially in comparison to her screen shots in pre production, where the longer curly wig was used!

It's funny how press is reporting every single aspect of the new photos but none of them is able to notice how absent Anna Paquin's Rogue is, which I consider the most interesting part of this promotional material.

I'm thiking they are using Anna's real hair for the White Streaks because when you look at Sookie in True Blood's mid season episodes her bangs looks whiter. Her entire hair look blonder than ever before.

true-blood-recap-season-6.jpg
130816-ep70-sookie-450.jpg

You can see the shades in the bangs area look lighter than the rest of her hair.

It's funny how press is reporting every single aspect of the new photos but none of them is able to notice how absent Anna Paquin's Rogue is, which I consider the most interesting part of this promotional material.

I think there is an embargo on reporters asking about Anna's involvement with this movie. She went on all the Press Junkets for True Blood and none of them asked her about her inolvement with the X-Men film?

Yet, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Shawn Ashmore, Elle Page, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are easily asked about their roles and about the movie. All of that sounds so fishy!

There is such a big reason behind all of this.

Last edited:
It's the light, the're like always.

I don't think you can put half a wig, let alone make it look ok

It's the light, the're like always.

I don't think you can put half a wig, let alone make it look ok

TrueBloodSookie.jpg
3-Sookie-and-a-Bloody-Jason-in-True-Blood-Season-5-Episode-11-Sunset-4243484633938350536.jpg

Not really, she was always a dirty blond in past seasons (as above in Season 5). She always had her dark roots showing. This season she was bright blond.

And yeah you can put in an back end wig that can be weaved into to the back part of her head.

I dont want to create controversy, ok?, but to me we can already see that Anna is aging.

And of course, not only her, but all the cast, like the non returning actors, so thats why, to me, the very next movie to be filmed should be X4 or X5 (however you wanna call it). With the return of James, Kurt, Ben and hopefully Kelsey too.

If they wait a few more years (2019 for example) the age thing will be more obvious on some actors that should look more fresh and sexy.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's time for a reboot and I'm HOPING that's exactly what's in store for this new movie. That this will create an entire new reboot and this will be the Swan Song for the OT Cast. With this new timeline/Time alteration they can bring in new origins for everyone including Wolverine. This could lead to a new cast of to play the core iconic X-Men (Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcralwer, Iceman, Kitty, etc...)

Brett Ratner really ruined this franchise and Singer's vision. I'm thinking this would be a perfect opportunity for them to redux everything.

Of course she is, she was 17 when she made the first movie and now she's 31. They have to made the new OT movies now, I don't know why they didn't before.

Nowadays the X-men team has some young mutants (Rogue, Shawn or Danie) that right now are younger than some of the "older" mutants when the first movie was made so I'm no worried.

There won't be a reboot after this movie, they've basically already said that is not the intention. From everything said they intend to do sequels with both casts. I reckon OT would come first because of the aging issue. And they feel fresher with such a long break in between us seeing them.

a reboot is NO needed.

They can easily plan two movies to be filmed back to back and release them in different years, either 2017-2018, or 2017-2019. This way we would have OT movies during the rest of this decade.

And after that, then they could do a FC sequel, a X-Force sequel and call it a day.

But a reboot right now with all these actors returning? NO WAY, lol

i reckon they will do the 3rd FC movie first, because its a prequel to the new timeline so they are setting that up and the new future will be left open questioned in some form or another by the end of DOFP in terms of whats changed, and it gives another FC film more relevance then doing an apocalypse story then going back to prequel again

as for the cast aging and FOX... they don't care, they are making X-force next, the cast ages mean nothing to FOX, its obvious the moment they decided to branch out into origins that they didn't care that the cast were aging, fox would bring rogue back in her 50s and they wouldn't be phased by it, i honestly tell you now no one at fox is biting their nails worrying about the cast aging

Paramount have a gold mine with the indiana jones franchise for example, last one made $786,636,033 in 2008, but Harrison Ford is aging and he is still aging (71), but paramount will make another given the chance, its not there job to care about that stuff its the writers and director job to make it work

Last edited:
I think it will be X-Force and then OT sequel to DOFP. But I don't think Professor X, Magneto and possibly Wolverine will be back. Rogue, I feel confident will be back as Anna is very up for the idea.

as for the cast aging and FOX... they don't care, they are making X-force next, the cast ages mean nothing to FOX, its obvious the moment they decided to branch out into origins that they didn't care that the cast were aging, fox would bring rogue back in her 50s and they wouldn't be phased by it, i honestly tell you now no one at fox is biting their nails worrying about the cast aging

Paramount have a gold mine with the indiana jones franchise, last one made $786,636,033 in 2008, but Harrison Ford is aging and he is still aging (71), but paramount will make another given the chance, its not there job to care about that stuff its the writers and director job to make it work
Im sure some do actually care.

The same way those ones at Fox could think that the younger cast is hotter and fresher rigth now so they will support more FC sequels more than OT sequel.

Not everyone at Fox thinks the same, same thing that happen in all parts of the world about any issue.

I think it will be X-Force and then OT sequel to DOFP. But I don't think Professor X, Magneto and possibly Wolverine will be back. Rogue, I feel confident will be back as Anna is very up for the idea.

oh boy, they would bring back the sirs and jackman in another OT film, to think they wouldn't is very unrealistic

most the publicity picture have been xavier, magneto and wolverine young and old

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back