Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it works on-screen, nothing wrong with that. In all honesty, if the plot device is anything like I think it is, they're drawing inspiration from X-Men Evolution in the episodes before the rise of Apocalypse. :cwink:

May i ask what you mean exactly like what plot device ?

As long as it works on-screen, nothing wrong with that. In all honesty, if the plot device is anything like I think it is, they're drawing inspiration from X-Men Evolution in the episodes before the rise of Apocalypse. :cwink:

Yeah that's what I'm hoping too.

Like I said, a welcome one.

PhoenixRogue - plot device means Rogue is only there to move the story along and isn't there to develop as a character or for the audience to become engaged with her character. She is simply there for her powers.

Since rogue is the most developed female character that makes sense.

Of course it's Rogue who the hell else would it be? That did not erase her from existence just from a couple scenes... sheesh. That is old news BTW.

Pretty rude way to welcome a new poster on here......

It kind of was but this is kind of a rude first message to make especially the opening line and last one.
This is my first post on account of the Rogue fans' crazy denial that she was cut, but I must admit I did find this interesting. Is that Rogue? Looks too snazzy to be an extra or crew member. Definitely doesn't look like it's storm. They say they cut her sequence which is her rescue scene (from the mansion now turned into an internment camp from Iceman and Mags entering a very familiar sub-basement door) but when I first saw this I instantly thought Rogue. Go nuts or don't.
I apologize to him if he was offended but I just felt like he was another person trying to say some fans are "crazy" for believing that she's in the movie.

Pretty rude way to welcome a new poster on here......

I'd rather said pretty rude way to start on a thread...
This is my first post on account of the Rogue fans' crazy denial that she was cut, but I must admit I did find this interesting. Is that Rogue? Looks too snazzy to be an extra or crew member. Definitely doesn't look like it's storm. They say they cut her sequence which is her rescue scene (from the mansion now turned into an internment camp from Iceman and Mags entering a very familiar sub-basement door) but when I first saw this I instantly thought Rogue. Go nuts or don't.

Well then there it all all sparkley and new for people like me who would rather not venture back through this legitimately frightening thread.

It kind of was but this is kind of a rude first message to make especially the opening line and last one.

I apologize to him if he was offended but I just felt like he was another person trying to say some fans are "crazy" for believing that she's in the movie.

Seriously sis, you're one of the most level headed people in this thread. I can't believe anyone would attempt to come for you. That's just crazy tea.

This thread is "legitimately frightening" ?

I didn't know I was in Halle Berry as Storm thread. :o

:oldrazz:

This thread brings out the worst in people. Seriously. I'm guilty of it, too. I've seen more civility in religious debate threads. Thank you, Anna Paquin :oldrazz:

I was hoping that we will finally get a Rogue like the one in the comics: superpowered, confident, sassy Southern belle. But it seems like even if Paquin wasn't cut from the movie, Singer will just give us the same timid and cursed Rogue from the X-Men trilogy.

People are really reaching this week :o

Since I'm new here (new in a ''I've finally registered'' kind of way) I have one question/observation (maybe it's stupid but ...).
Maybe I didn't understand but Brian said that she was cut and she only had one scene and from the trailers and behind the scenes she had at least three (the mansion, the jet and the temple). Or I got it all wrong ?

I won't be surprised if she has a poster that surfaces. She's been popping up on promos I didn't expect.

It's quite funny they keep releasing behind the scene's footage with her in, i don't know if Fox think no one will notice/haven't noticed themselves or they want people to spot it. Either way, it's getting talk. I'll be surprised if she's not in the film at all, even just for a changed future. I remember watching Ellen once and Famke saying that no was allowed to know she was in X-men: The Last Stand, and when press would arrive on set she'd be thrown into hallways and cupboards to hide and then she saw herself on a billboard as 'Phoenix' thats when she guessed it was no longer a secret.

It's quite funny they keep releasing behind the scene's footage with her in, i don't know if Fox think no one will notice/haven't noticed themselves or they want people to spot it. Either way, it's getting talk. I'll be surprised if she's not in the film at all, even just for a changed future.

I doubt they want people to spot it, as in "look who's in the film!" If they wanted to play hide and seek about her involvement they would never have revealed her on an Empire cover to begin with. Bryan said in the Empire magazine that you "might still see" Anna. I'd love for that to mean her scenes in the temple are still in the film, but if so why take her out of the marketing?

I think we might see either a) a shot of Rogue from the deleted footage as part of a montage of mutants when young Xavier reads Logan's mind or b) see her in a fixed future, possibly with unused footage from the end of X3 that showed her at home with her mother. Just guesses, though.

I doubt they want people to spot it, as in "look who's in the film!" If they wanted to play hide and seek about her involvement they would never have revealed her on an Empire cover to begin with. Bryan said in the Empire magazine that you "might still see" Anna. I'd love for that to mean her scenes in the temple are still in the film, but if so why take her out of the marketing?

I think we might see either a) a shot of Rogue from the deleted footage as part of a montage of mutants when young Xavier reads Logan's mind or b) see her in a fixed future, possibly with unused footage from the end of X3 that showed her at home with her mother. Just guesses, though.

It's possable cutting rogue was disinformation. Even so they might have cut her rescue scene but keep her In temple.

If rogue Is seen In altered future at end of film more likely she would be at mansion.

It's possable cutting rogue was disinformation. Even so they might have cut her rescue scene but keep her In temple.

If they wanted to keep her role a surprise or a secret, why tell anyone that Anna was coming back? Why would you promote her return, and then lie that she's been taken out when she hasn't? I don't see what you gain.

If they wanted to keep her role a surprise or a secret, why tell anyone that Anna was coming back? Why would you promote her return, and then lie that she's been taken out when she hasn't? I don't see what you gain.

Singer could have decered once going into editing that annoucing Anna with
ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore was mistake and her role would work better as
more a surprise.

They have been doing a bit of double talk here. Saying well you may see her in
film. WHen they first announced her cut they said her 1 scene was cut others
have said rogue was suspose to be 3 scenes.

This is director who went to great lengths to hide jean grey's sacrifice In X2

Singer could have decered once going into editing that annoucing Anna with
ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore was mistake and her role would work better as
more a surprise.WHen they first announced her cut they said her 1 scene was cut others
have said rogue was suspose to be 3 scenes.

Well, technically he says "sequence" and a lot of people interpret that to be scene. A sequence suggests multiple by its definition.

They did more than just announce Anna on twitter. She was at Comic Con, on an Empire cover, and in the first general trailer. Singer would have to be a fool to believe that he could turn Rogue into a genuine surprise rather than just a "oh, she's in it, guess he lied" moment. Saying she's cut doesn't seem like it would achieve much.

But they have been playing a is she in or out game. Not to mention she is still in credits of full trailer.

Maybe the cut the rescue but keep her In temple. Or maybe she just cameos at end.

Well, technically he says "sequence" and a lot of people interpret that to be scene. A sequence suggests multiple by its definition.

They did more than just announce Anna on twitter. She was at Comic Con, on an Empire cover, and in the first general trailer. Singer would have to be a fool to believe that he could turn Rogue into a genuine surprise rather than just a "oh, she's in it, guess he lied" moment. Saying she's cut doesn't seem like it would achieve much.

Alot of this happened like the comic con and possibly the shooting of the empire cover and layout before he actually cut her. Im sure he didnt bring her into the movie just to cut but the scene she was in he said slowed down the pace of the movie. I dont quite understand why people are thinking Singer is trying to piss people off by cutting her. She was cut once they starting editing the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"