Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 6

They should release that teaser next year, if they plan to release an alternate cut.

I am still desperately hoping that we will get the Rogue scenes when they release the DVD this year. :p

Fox to Add Anna Paquin Back to ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’
Anna Paquin’s scenes as Rogue that were cut from “X-Men: Days of Future Past” will be added back to the film and re-released as the “Rogue Cut” next summer on homevideo platforms.

The extended version of “Days of Future Past” will become available in the first half of 2015, most likely during the summer, according to the film’s writer and producer Simon Kinberg, who made the announcement Thursday from Stage 21, where scenes for the previous “X-Men” installment, “First Class” were filmed on the Twentieth Century Fox studio lot. Kinberg, who also worked on that film, was back on the lot to promote the theatrical version of “Days of Future Past,” available now on digital and on Oct. 14 on DVD and Blu-ray.

More than 10 minutes of extra footage will be added to the “Rogue Cut” of “Days of Future Past,” which in addition to Paquin’s cut scenes, will also include other sequences involving other characters, as well.

“It’s a big chunk, a substantial part of the movie,” Kinberg said of Paquin’s storyline as Rogue. “We want to give (fans) the fullest picture of the film — behind the camera, and in front of it,” with the “Rogue Cut” and provide “more of the process we went through” to make the film.

“Every movie has scenes that are cut out, but not every movie has scenes cut out with such a beloved character,” Kinberg added.

Paquin played Rogue in “X-Men,” “X-Men 2″ and “X-Men: The Last Stand.” She does still appear in “Days of Future Past” but in a smaller cameo.

Paquin’s scenes didn’t make the final cut because the film was “full of plots and subplots.” Her storyline as Rogue just “didn’t fit” with the final film, which Kinberg said was always designed to revolve around Charles Xavier, played by James McAvoy.
:atp:

wow.
I do see how the sequence would take away from the main plot, but I also think it had to do with the filming schedules. I think Paquin was only given a week to film the Rogue scenes due to TrueBlood, which was another big reason to keep her in a smaller set of scenes. That, and the fact that it would have been super awkward if Rogue had arrived with Wolverine & Co to greet Iceman & Shadowcat (p.s. I never liked this love triangle).

And, of course, It would have obviously been cooler if she had had the time to destroy a Sentinel herself with the rest of the team (à la 90's X-Men). But for the time they had, I think they did great and am very much hyped to see this next year.

If Hugh jackman Is only actor from Original Cast to return for future films then adding 10 minutes with Patrick Stewart,Ian Mckellen,Anna Paquin,Shawn Ashmore,Ellen Page,and
possibly halle Berry Is nice treat for fans of original X-men trilogy or at very least X-Men and X2 fans.

does that 10 minutes also contain the mystique stuff, logan talking to mystique and her back at the mansion with hank ect ect

does that 10 minutes also contain the mystique stuff, logan talking to mystique and her back at the mansion with hank ect ect

From what Kinberg has said In past I think only 10 minutes In future Is being
added to "Rogue Cut"

10 Minutes is being added and that's what Kinberg said In past how long the
rogue sub-plot was.

Lol i dont think so, only 10+of rogue plus other character
scenes.

it depend show long the past scenes were though tbh, they ain't on the current dvd so that must mean something

and could you actually place the rogues scenes back in the theatrical cut without them is the question

Last edited:
Well the rogue sequence is around 10 minutes. Then if the bluray includes taking her to the temple and letting her take over for Kitty, it should equal about 15 or so. Idk but i hope everything is back in the Rogue Cut!

I think the 10minute Rogue sequence includes her at the temple and her escape. Plus small moments from the past scenes.

Looking forward to seeing what we missed out on.

I really hope we get a scene... hell, a few shots more of Storm talking, being bad ass.

Remember that it says it will add about 10 minutes to the film's run time. From what we know, Rogue's part was somewhat reshot with Kitty, meaning that Rogue might be in more like 15-20 minutes of the film, which includes the cut rescue sequence, and the scenes refilmed with Kitty in her place.

It says at least ten extra minutes because her sequence is around ten minutes long. It also says other scenes and characters will be added in too so I bet it'll be a little longer. Didn't someone say something about 25 minutes? To make people wait for ten extra minutes, they might as well add extra Bishop stuff and that past sequence with Mystique in the mansion since we know its not included in the deleted scenes

Xavier,Magneto,and Iceman all lost scenes with the rogue subplot.Some reports based on those who read earlier drafts say Storm watched over kitty while they went off on the rogue mission.If that was filmed possably a bit more storm as well.

Based on 10 mintes being added My thinking Is they In reediting will

Iceman convincing xavier and magneto to go after rogue
In jet going to mansion
If shot possibly storm taking care of kitty
Magneto and Iceman rescuring rogue including Iceman's original death
Xavier,Magneto,and Rogue In jet on way to temple
Rogue absorbing Kitty's powers and taking over keeping wolverine in past
original version of temple scenes during sentinle attack with rogue keeping wolverine In past till mission Is completed and no Iceman.

Well you are in a very enviable position. With regards to the Blu-ray release of X-Men: Days of Future Past, did you know from the beginning that Fox was planning two separate releases with the Rogue Cut arriving at a later date?

SIMON KINBERG: No, we weren’t sure how we were gonna release the Rogue Cut. But there was so much to do with the theatrical cut and so much material we wanted to put on that first wave that I guess it made sense ot do it as two separate releases, and also doing the Rogue Cut would take more time than we really have for this first release.

I heard that Fox is spending money to finish some of the deleted scenes to make the Rogue Cut of the movie complete. Are there any plans to release that cut in theaters?

KINBERG: Not that I know of. As far as I know it’s a home entertainment release.

http://collider.com/simon-kinberg-x-men-apocalypse-days-of-future-past-star-wars/

Rogue's hands?

jDmJD7.png

These are Kitty's hands from the movie:

XgGBJ5.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"