Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There Is no gurante she will be back.Apart from Wolverine since he's likely time traveler
all actors from OT were part of shooting from first month.Both Patrick Stewart and Michael fassbender has strongly suggested they filmed future scenes for first month and now Is on to 1973 part of film.Hugh has been only one on set recent from OT.

Unless Anna or another OT cast member besides Hugh Is seen In Montreal again It's safe to assume the rest of OT cast Is done.

I agree with you 100%

That being said there was a very recent article that mentioned Paquin's wrap up with True Blood and how Stephen (her hubby) will be fulltime daddy while she's shooting X-Men. Also, Stewart mentioned in his speech that she would be flying back to pick upo the rest of their filming schedule. It leads me to believe she isn't done as some might suspect.

I can't see Bryan also wasing the opportunity to work with her again. Paquin is portraying a huge fan favorite Rogue and with her immensely popular True Blood, I don't believe she would come back for a cameo role. I think her involvement has to be significant. It wouldn't make sense for her to shoot for 3-5 days then be done.

What really adds to this is that Bryan has tweeted photos of everyone from the cast EXCEPT Paquin which makes me believe that she hasn't shot anything. He has been so twitter happy with this production and releasing everyone's photos in character. If she had really filmed anything he would have tweeted her a looooooong time ago.

What if Rogue is dead at the beginning of DOFP and cameos at the end in an alternate future?

I agree with you 100%

That being said there was a very recent article that mentioned Paquin's wrap up with True Blood and how Stephen (her hubby) will be fulltime daddy while she's shooting X-Men. Also, Stewart mentioned in his speech that she would be flying back to pick upo the rest of their filming schedule. It leads me to believe she isn't done as some might suspect.

I can't see Bryan also wasing the opportunity to work with her again. Paquin is portraying a huge fan favorite Rogue and with her immensely popular True Blood, I don't believe she would come back for a cameo role. I think her involvement has to be significant. It wouldn't make sense for her to shoot for 3-5 days then be done.

What really adds to this is that Bryan has tweeted photos of everyone from the cast EXCEPT Paquin which makes me believe that she hasn't shot anything. He has been so twitter happy with this production and releasing everyone's photos in character. If she had really filmed anything he would have tweeted her a looooooong time ago.

I understand what your saying.And yes I agree it would be strange for Bryan Singer not to want to use rogue.The first X-Men really focused on Wolverine,Rogue,Xavier,and Magneto.And we know 3 of 4 will get key focus on DOFP.Apart from Cyclops Rogue Is character that got screwed by Rothman and Brett Ratner In Last Stand.

In X2 Bryan was starting to plant seeds for Rogue to be more involved.She convinced Iceman to go back to help WOlverine,she stped up and stopped Pyro,and she flew the blackbird to get It to others.

If Anna Is sighted In Montreal we can Immetely assume Rogue will be joining Wolverine on trip to 1973 and It will be physical time travel.

The 5 or 6 days Anna was on set she probally filmed what was needed for the future scenes.If we get no more reports of Anna on set odds are Rogue Is one of first caslaties of the sentinles in future scenes.

It's also very curious both Anna and Ellen Page are both In film.I never thought they both would be especilly since Rogue In first 2 films served In the kitty void even though Kitty had cameo In both films.If Anna were to have been completed her role Kitty In future may be to help make up for the fact they had Anna for only a short amount of time.

If they need Rogue primarly for studio stuff Anna could have flown back to
Montreal.It's always possable the stalker photographers missed Anna at
airport:woot:

If anyone could get Anna back for a small role It would be Bryan.

People also need to remember Bryan on X-Men films he Is Involved on X-Men,X2,first Class,and now DOFP Is doing his Intreption of 616 X-Men
universe.made to work on big screen.At times trying to be somewhat realistic
Interption of X-Men universe.Bryan's take Influenced Chris Nolan on Batman,
Jon Favrau on Iron man and Zach snyder on Superman.All 3 of them had
mentioned trying to do realistic takes.

Some people will reply but Singer made a boring Superman film.Well If you think It was boring then you must think original Superman was boring because apart from Kryptan exploding the same kind of action In Returns was In Superman.

Anna has a stunt double so Rogue has to take part In some kind of action.
And If we are lucky enough to have Rogue with Wolverine back to 1973 It can callback to close Wolverine and Rogue relationship In first X-Men.One of various problems with last stand was laregly forgetting about that relationship.

You are right about the whole twitter thing, maybe Bryan is making the fans wait, because he knows how much fans are dying to see rogue. He already twitted about Logan, Xavier, Raven, and Storm, so why wouldn't he tweet a picture of Rogue. I want to believe that Anna isn't done and will get a good role, and hopefully she time travels with Logan.

Well Bryan never tweeted about Magneto(Ian Mckellen version) Colossus and new mutants In future.We got pics of daniel Cudmore In Montreal but not as Colossus.Plus nothing yet
on Quicksilver.

It seems till at least comic con Bryan's tweets are only promation for film.

Well Bryan never tweeted about Magneto(Ian Mckellen version) Colossus and new mutants In future.We got pics of daniel Cudmore In Montreal but not as Colossus.Plus nothing yet
on Quicksilver.

It seems till at least comic con Bryan's tweets are only promation for film.

Bryan actually tweeted alot of Ian McKellen during the first week of Photography.

He's tweeted: Berry, Ashmore, Cudmore, Page, Stewart, McKellen, McAvoy, Jackman, Lawrence, Dinkelage and most recently Fassbender.

While some may not have been in costume he still tweeted about them and showed them with him on set. Paquin is the ONLY one that has NOT been photographed with Bryan. He has been extremely snapshot happy with the cast so I find it odd that had Paquin shot anything that Bryan would not have released a photo from her time during her visit to Montreal.

Even had he not tweeted her some of the Paps would have already caugh her on set as they have with the rest of the cast.

I agree that Rogue is an extremely popular character of the franchise and there are many fans vested into what Bryan does with her in this film. I do think he's purposely saving her for the Comic Con teaser then we'll start to see a flow of Rogue photos release.

All this leads me to beleive she has done zero work on set and they were just prepping her for the upcoming schedule and storyline. If anything they were probably doing costume fittings and FX measurements so they are ready to go when she comes back for actual true filming.

My assumption is Paquin is just wrapping up True Blood and will do her junket this week then it's off to Montreal

Last edited:

Exactly especially when they still have like 3 months to film the movie!

Well Bryan never tweeted about Magneto(Ian Mckellen version)

We saw a video of Ian in the set and that was uploaded by Bryan Singer so that counts for me.

Yeah Singer posted a vine video of Future Magneto and Colossus' name with Bishop, Blink, and Warpath. Rogue? . . . No where to be seen. I'm leaning towards what Illuminata said, maybe Singer is saving Rogue till comic con or something.

And Rogue's chair wasn't shown like Mystique's chair simply because Anna Paquin wasn't there.

I definitely think since Anna Paquin is still busy with True Blood 6, they will film her scenes in a different time compare to the OT cast. But the scenes of her that features the other cast members who also had a busy schedule were already filmed when she went to Vancouver last month. Like she had to be there.

And I just don't see them wrapping all of Rogue's scenes in 1 week when Anna Paquin is probably going to be done filming True Blood and promoting the premiere this month. And when they still have until August to film the movie.

^^^ *Montreal. Say it with me...Montreal. :)

I'll be the happiest fanboy if any day now, there's a sighting of Anna in Montreal.

That's like mixing up LA and Chicago ;)

I agree with you 100%

But then again the movie is full to the brim with fan favourite characters played by respectable actors with good careers just like Paquin, don't you remember Bryan's cast tweet, there is a whole lot of acting talent in this film and we don't expect all of them to have 'significant' roles. I'n not shooting what you said down I'm just presenting the counter argument. If anything I hope what you have said is all true.

I can't see Bryan also wasing the opportunity to work with her again. Paquin is portraying a huge fan favorite Rogue and with her immensely popular True Blood, I don't believe she would come back for a cameo role.

Well Singer had no problem sidelining Rogue in X2. Which was a shame because the Rogue/Wolverine relationship was one of my favourite things in X1. I guess since they decided to make Jean the Woman in Logan's Life (TM) Rogue wasn't given the same importance in the movies after X1.

And True Blood is popular, yes, but more in a niche cultish kind of way, it's no Friends or anything. You can't even see it on free TV where I live.

Well Singer had no problem sidelining Rogue in X2. Which was a shame because the Rogue/Wolverine relationship was one of my favourite things in X1. I guess since they decided to make Jean the Woman in Logan's Life (TM) Rogue wasn't given the same importance in the movies after X1.

And True Blood is popular, yes, but more in a niche cultish kind of way, it's no Friends or anything. You can't even see it on free TV where I live.
Agreed. In X2, I feel Singer wasn't afraid to not only sideline Anna but everyone else as well in favor of Logan. He really did go overboard there. Logan was the only character who had a character arc that tied into the main plot. Everyone else (except maybe Magneto and Jean slightly less so) had only small character beats and/or were used as plot devices.

Bryan really doesn't have a problem focusing on specific characters. HOWEVER, there's this huge optimism in my heart (haha) that tells me he's going to do it differently this time. PLEASE!!!!!

As for True Blood, having a huge TV following is most often meaningless on the big screen. It takes repeat success in the movie world to become a factor.

True Blood season 6 premiere yesterday:

anna-paquin-stephen-moyer-true-blood-season-6-premiere.jpg
170369366-actress-anna-paquin-attends-the-season-6-gettyimages.jpg

I thought the same, its noticeable on her face, specially, and even more on other pics out there.

lets see how she looks as Rogue this time. Her X2 days were the best, imo

she had to stay blonde for her true blood filming, how that translated in days of future past i dunno

she would have to dye it dark for 3 weeks or so then dye it back blonde again, but then if she is working her schedule around it back and forth, then thats tough

Last edited:
Sorry, but I don't think Rogue is having a huge role in this film.

In one of Singer's video, he has the chairs of all the future X-Men cast except Rogue.

And I don't think Rogue will get her superhuman strength or flight. That is just fanboy wishing.

Did you ever see Rogue getting her superhuman strength/ flight in "X Men: Evolution" or "Wolverine and the X-Men" ?? No.

I hate to say this, but Rogue isn't even part of the original DOFP comics storyline.

Did you ever see Rogue getting her superhuman strength/ flight in "X Men: Evolution" or "Wolverine and the X-Men" ?? No.

the last time they gave rogue flying and strength powers was in the 90s animated series, they haven't really translated it into cartoon form since oddly

I hate to say this, but Rogue isn't even part of the original DOFP comics storyline.

Nor are past Magneto, future Xavier, Beast, Iceman, Quicksilver, Boliver Trask, Warpath, Blink, and Bishop, so what's your point?

she had to stay blonde for her true blood filming, how that translated in days of future past i dunno

she would have to dye it dark for 3 weeks or so then dye it back blonde again, but then if she is working her schedule around it back and forth, then thats tough

she used a wig more than likely. That Starbucks boy who saw Anna made it seem that her hair was like dirty or something, so many of us guess thats because she had to use a wig, and her hair was like that because of the product they used to hide her real hair.

In any case, Im not worried about this, she wont be blonde as Rogue, lol.

Halle used a wig in three movies, Rebecca too and Famke on X3, so this will be the first time Rogue uses one.

I just hope its a hot wig and looks natural. really hope so

the last time they gave rogue flying and strength powers was in the 90s animated series, they haven't really translated it into cartoon form since oddly

why is that odd? Rogue doesn't have those powers in the comics anymore and the cartoons are usually based, however loosely, on the latest comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"