Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaine, I get it. You made a horrible screw-up and you're still desperately in love with Kurt. But get a grip, dude.

Also, since when does Sue care about people being transgendered? She was all for Kurt dressing in drag to compete with Unique last year. But now they suddenly need some evil bigoted authority figure for Unique to proudly prevail against, so suddenly Sue is transphobic.

I did find it amusing that Marley is so blandly nice that Sue can't even come up with a mean nickname for her.

Last edited:
Exactly, Sue wanted Kurt to compete with Unique, that is the only reason why she wanted him to dress up in drag. So they would win.

But wow what did I watch? I hate watching Finn the Hero hour. It is just as ridiculous to watch as the Blaine mopping around hour. Why is he the go to male lead for musicials?

Everything else was enjoyable even though it was so predictable that Marley will get Sandy and new guy Danny. Why switch it up for once Glee? You know, not be so predictable?

Mercedes and Mike were wasted of course, they barely even talked and the Tike storyline was as fast as their break up off screen was.

And I couldve sworn that Tina said she wasnt doing the play? What happened to her suddenly doing it?

Glee loves expecting us to believe Finn is the awesomest guy on Earth.

Also, I don't think Blaine is a bad person or unforgivable, but they're shoving Poor Little Blaine who needs a big hug (who cheated, btw) as much as they shove Finn the Hero.

Ya I dont think Blaine is a bad person but I am not here to see him weeping around the halls. Someone needed to give him a good pep talk about dealing with it and moving on.

I'm five minutes into the episode, and Christ, is Blaine a drama queen... :o

Between that and the constant Finn praise like he is the best thing since fried rice almost made me turn this episode off.

Seriously, it's not like he's an actual superhero or anything... :o

"Absolutely Stunning, Kind-Faced, Blue-Eyed Girl" :lmao: Sue is off her game. That woman could think of a cruel nickname for anybody. Anybody!

Marley gets enough insults from Kitty lol

Am I the only one who thinks Jake is boring as all hell? :o

Seriously, dude belongs on Gossip Girl or 90210...

I agree, Sawyer. Anyone else miss Rachel and Kurt?

Also lol at Tina *****ing out Mike for coming back. McKinley High ain't your property, missy. :o

The Break-Up was a pretty NYC dominated episode. I'm kind of hoping more episodes devote 1 hr to one location or the other.

I actually think I rather would have had Jake on the show at the beginning than Puck. My biggest problem with the show was always how a club of supposed outsiders was pretty much filled to the brim with football players and cheerleaders. Puck being a football player just didn't compute for me.

But I enjoyed this episode. I really like Finn in the leader role and I feel like he's more like Season One Mr. Schuster. I think his journey is going to provide for interesting storylines in the future. And it'll be nice to see Cory Montieth getting some decent material this episode. He's one of the best actors on the show and I think when it really comes down to it, Finn is probably the most "real" character on the show. I went to High School with a lot of Finns.

On the things I didn't like. Sue hating the Glee Club again is stupid. We've had her cool down at the end of every season and have her hate the Glee Club at the beginning of the next. It's overdone and while there's a lot of cool things happening this season, it shows that Ryan Murphy can't fill a 22 episode season of hour long episodes. I also didn't like Mike and Mercedes coming back. They have their own lives right now and to come back and work on the school musical is pointless. Have them come back for the performance and what not, but no more.

But otherwise, I did like the episode. It really does feel like Season One for the first time since episode 14.

Seriously, it's not like he's an actual superhero or anything... :o

"Absolutely Stunning, Kind-Faced, Blue-Eyed Girl" :lmao: Sue is off her game. That woman could think of a cruel nickname for anybody. Anybody!

It just comes to show how bland Marley is. Not even Sue can come up with something interesting to insult her on.

And let's not forget puck/mike only joined to support Finn. Quinn only joined to keep an eye on Finn and brittana followed her to help and to sabotage the group. Majority of them didn't join because they enjoyed it initially.

Well, there's a reason Marley got the part of Sandy.

Chubby-Wan Kenobi and Nut Whiff were Sue's stand out lines of the week, her "Absolutely Stunning, Kind-Faced, Blue-Eyed Girl" remark to Marley is pretty on point, cutest girl ever. :O

Sue the Tranny hater was out of left-field and after all the things she said to Unique in the bathroom I found it laughable that she was so indignant when Finn delivered a dose of classic Finnism and called her kid a ****** by accident.

Speaking of Finn, was the season secretly titled Dark Finn Rises? I mean talk about pouring it on thick! If he was actually more talented or charismatic it would at least be easier to buy into.

It was great to see more Beiste dropping knowledge.

It was great to see more Beiste dropping knowledge.

I love that gal. And everyone's blank stares after she says one of her convoluted lines that nobody understands.

Sue the Tranny hater was out of left-field and after all the things she said to Unique in the bathroom I found it laughable that she was so indignant when Finn delivered a dose of classic Finnism and called her kid a ****** by accident.

I thought that was stupid. Since when does Sue give a crap?

But as for her being pissed at Finn, it's not the first time she hasn't been good at taking a dose of her own medicine. She also got all indignant when Will finally bit back and insulted her hair after she'd made fun of his about a thousand times.

Sue has always been against things that could cause mass confusion/or up people's sex drive in her school. I think in her mind bullying is only when you seriously threaten someone. And she probably wouldn't care about unique if he/she were at a different school. I am sure she would've gone after Kurt to if he tried to play a female role in a school v function or appear in the girls bathroom. But she is seriously someone who hates things she can't understand.

I didn't miss Rachel or Kurt at all, but I'll be glad to have them back next week.

I missed them a little, but it's only one episode, so it's not a big deal.

I love that gal. And everyone's blank stares after she says one of her convoluted lines that nobody understands.

Beiste is gold, I wish they hadn't minmized her role this season, I think there was more to see after her Cooter misery.

I thought that was stupid. Since when does Sue give a crap?

But as for her being pissed at Finn, it's not the first time she hasn't been good at taking a dose of her own medicine. She also got all indignant when Will finally bit back and insulted her hair after she'd made fun of his about a thousand times.

Exactly, I mean Sue only really reacts to anything when it affects her, unless they are suddenly going to do a storyline where Sue is repressing the fact she really wants to be a man and is lashing out at Unique to try and keep her feelings repressed.........sounds stupid I know, but with Glee I count very little out of the realms of possibility.

Oh yeah, just for me watching it I couldn't help but feel like they were trying to play it as if we should feel bad for her. The thing I could never understand is why Sue never fired back at Roz with any real heat.

unless they are suddenly going to do a storyline where Sue is repressing the fact she really wants to be a man and is lashing out at Unique to try and keep her feelings repressed
Oh please God no. Glee has enough trouble deciding whether Unique is a drag queen or transgendered (not sure if they understand the difference themselves).

I remember NeNe saying way back when that she'd be back for Season 4, but it's Glee, so who knows. I'd like a League of Doom with Roz, Kitty, and Sebastian. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Sebastian will be around past the two episodes he's confirmed for coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"