Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
just read that she's described as a "foe." She's probably just a mean girl.

Dean Geyer (Brody) is getting chewed out by Gleeks on Twitter because he referred to a fan as a "tranny", apparently.

He's insisting he doesn't consider tranny an offensive term.

glee fans are the worst. look at how they treat ryan murphy.

I think he's generally excited about Glee and the fans seem to never be pleased.

I'm fully expecting Quinn's scene with Kitty to be Kitty's 30 second "redemption" too, by the way. Suddenly, with Quinn 1.0's words of wisdom, Quinn 2.0 will learn being popular's not the most important thing, and she and Marley will sing a duet to announce their new BFF status.

Karley/Mitty FTW!

Then they can segway into calling them Walter! :D

Episode 10 is called Glee, Actually, and it's the Christmas episode, inspired by Love, Actually. Storylines include Artie going through a rendition of "It's a Wonderful Live", of the same lenght as Tina's flashback from Props, with Rory returning as the angel; Puck and Jake celebrating Hannukah together; Blaine and Burt visiting Kurt in NYC and Blaine and Kurt reconciling; and Brittany and Sam deciding to get married before the end of the world in December 21st as predicted by the Mayans. Confirmed songs include Bobby Helm's "Jingle Bells Rock", by Sam; and "White Christmas", by Blaine and Kurt.

I like Christmas epsidoes of shows and I thought last years Glee was a pretty feel good event, this sounds like a mixed bag.

Dean Geyer (Brody) is getting chewed out by Gleeks on Twitter because he referred to a fan as a "tranny", apparently.

He's insisting he doesn't consider tranny an offensive term.

I used that term earlier in the thread, I thought it was just short for transexual.

any socially acceptable term, eventually becomes unacceptable the more people say it.... *yawn*

Then they can segway into calling them Walter! :D

I like Christmas epsidoes of shows and I thought last years Glee was a pretty feel good event, this sounds like a mixed bag.

I used that term earlier in the thread, I thought it was just short for transexual.

I don't like how they always have to toss in some weird gimmick for the Christmas episodes.

Last year's Christmas special went on interminably.

The Christmas episode last year was one of the worst in the series.

The Christmas special was mildly amusing for like 2 minutes, but then it took up like 80% of the episode.

I didn't like the one in Season 2 either. The only good scenes IMO were Klaine's "Baby its Cold Outside" and Beiste talking about the husky girl who used to ask Santa to look more like the other girls. The Sue and Brittany stuff was just ridiculous.

2 minutes is generous. About 30 seconds in, I was like "Alright, cut it out."

Not looking forward to Damian popping back up as the angel to stare vacantly into the camera for five-ten minutes before disappearing again, or Sam/Brittany getting married before the Mayan Apocalypse, or Artie's "It's a Wonderful Life" fantasy.

I don't know if I'm rooting for Klaine to get all the way back together at Christmas or not. Part of me is, and part of me thinks it'd be healthier if they did some growing individually. Blaine especially needs to learn to live for himself and not be so desperately co-dependent, and if last episode is any indication, he's not getting there yet.

I think the characters would be best-served by reconciling enough to be friends again, taking it slow, and get back together closer to the end of the season after they've had a chance to grow as individuals.

Guess it was just me that liked last years Christmas ep lol. :D

any socially acceptable term, eventually becomes unacceptable the more people say it.... *yawn*

Political correctness harms equality more than it helps it in my view.

I actually liked it as well. The Christmas special was hilarious.

I thought Colfer and Darren were funny but it dragged on way too long.

Ha, Dean Geyer just tweeted "if you don't like what I say on my page, deal with it".

I just realized where I have seen him before lol.

Ha, Dean Geyer just tweeted "if you don't like what I say on my page, deal with it".

Glad he is standing his ground, though I wouldnt be surprised to see an apology somewhere down the road. I am the type of person, if they dont mean it in a malicious way then them saying the wrong word or whatever isnt that big of a deal to hate on.

And for some reason, Ryan hates Brittana fans more than any of the other ships on this show it seems. The most innocent question about them will get you blocked on his twitter.

Last edited:
He did earlier say he apologizes to anyone he offended, and that he didn't consider "tranny" an insulting word.

I wouldn't be surprised if Murphy and/or Fox pressures him to make a more formal apology though.

You know...seeing all the mega hate Dean is getting right now around other glee places makes me wonder if some of these posters are saints in real life. Its so hard to speak nowadays without saying something that isnt offensive to someone.

What did he even say? What was the context?

From what I've gathered from browsing as much of it as I could, there was some girl on Twitter who's been bashing Dean for months, saying he needs to get off the show (she's an obsessive Finchel worshipper, apparently), and he messaged her and called her a Tranny (which she isn't).

Then she was poor little innocent victim and Dean was a big meanie, and all these people started messaging him, Ryan Murphy, Lea Michele, etc. about him bashing an LGBT demographic Glee claims to be inclusive of.

He insists he didn't consider tranny an insult (but the fact he messaged a girl who hates him and called her one kind of speaks otherwise, IMO).

I see... in hindsight, he probably should've just called her a ***** or something. Using "tranny" just gives the Finchel nutjobs more ammunition. Now, they've got something tangible to use against him. It's not just that he's getting in the way of Finchel, anymore, no. Now he's a tranny-basher too.

The whole thing just sounds pretty high school... which the Finchels are probably still in, so... :o

While it was a poor choice of words for him to say, I wouldnt be trying to crucify him for it like some of the fans are now.

I see... in hindsight, he probably should've just called her a ***** or something. Using "tranny" just gives the Finchel nutjobs more ammunition. Now, they've got something tangible to use against him. It's not just that he's getting in the way of Finchel, anymore, no. Now he's a tranny-basher too.

The whole thing just sounds pretty high school... which the Finchels are probably still in, so... :o

I can only imagine what would happen if he called her that instead of "tranny" (and he was appareny responding to her halloween picture (in which she was I guess dressed as Rachel/Lea Michele?)) Either way, he would be screwed. If I were famous I would probably just ignore the twitter hate and just block away!

And they already tried to take him down for this tweet which is obviously just a joke, and tried to use the fact that some of the people from glee got in a crash (which they are fine) a couple days ago that he didnt know about.
5am calltime should be illegal. Me getting in my car at 4.30 is worse then drink driving!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"