Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG critics review/Rotten Tomatoes discussion - Part 1

So best year for CBMs after 2008 and 2012? I think so

Just 1 positive away from 93%.

I'd say this year is better than 2008 and 2012. I think Guardians is better than Avengers and Iron Man and Dark Knight Rises. So is The Winter Soldier. Days of Future Past is also right up there.

Only film to let us down is ASM2. But the others are so good they make up for it.

I'd say this year is better than 2008 and 2012. I think Guardians is better than Avengers and Iron Man and Dark Knight Rises. So is The Winter Soldier. Days of Future Past is also right up there.

Only film to let us down is ASM2. But the others are so good they make up for it.
For me, it is very close with 2008, but 2008 has the champion so it tips the scale for. It has the TDK, plus Iron Man, Hellboy 2, TIH, and Speed Racer. Though 2014 is a very close second, and still has one more to go. Heck I could change my mind tomorrow, or in a few days when I watch GotG for a third time. :D

Oooo forgot about Hellboy 2. Really underrated that film is.

It's a real shame about Thor 2. If that was to the level it should have been, that'd be 4 Marvel films in a row that are of a good quality.

There is pretty big pressure on Whedon to deliver with Age of Ultron now. As if there wasn't already pressure, now he's got to follow The Winter Soldier and Guardians.

It's a real shame about Thor 2. If that was to the level it should have been, that'd be 4 Marvel films in a row that are of a good quality.

There is pretty big pressure on Whedon to deliver with Age of Ultron now. As if there wasn't already pressure, now he's got to follow The Winter Soldier and Guardians.
I'd say 7, stretching back to Thor. It would be Thor, TFA, Avengers, IM3, TWS and GotG. IM2 and TDW really stick out like sore thumbs. Same for TIH, though for different reasons. I like it, but it almost feels like it is from a different continuity. Though at least they add decent imagery to the video packages for the entire MCU. :D

And honestly, I am not worried about AoU. It sounds massive yet intimate, which is exactly what an event film like this needs to be imo. I just hope we aren't sitting here in 8 months wondering why the movie is only 2 hours. Then I start to get a little worried. :funny:

Still, Thor 2 was fresh according to RT. Isn't that bad. If they could give the Warriors 3 and Sif more screentime it would have been a bit better.

Marvel knows what to do now, so A2 won't disappoint.

I have faith in Ant-Man to be good as well. If Marvel is satisfied with the script it should be fine.

I also loved Marvel's faith in GOTG to give it a sequel so fast.

The great thing now is, if for some reason Whedon doesn't want to return for Avengers 3, there is someone who is used to working with Marvel and could step in and do a great job; James Gunn.

I hope Whedon does Avengers 3 and Gunn does GotG 2 and 3.

If it ain't broke...

People talk like TDW got rotten scores and is one of the worst movie or CBM ever. I really don't get it.

I hope Whedon does Avengers 3 and Gunn does GotG 2 and 3.

If it ain't broke...

Yeah, I want these two directors to stay at their respective franchises. But I think Avengers 3 should be split into two parts, with Guardians appear in the second part, and perhaps they can have Gunn involved in some way with that.

I know its still early...

But I would never imagine GOTG to have similar as score as Iron Man 1 and The Avengers. Also, beating Cap 2 in terms of RT score is unbelievable.

Totally mind-blown. James Gunn you freaking did it.

People talk like TDW got rotten scores and is one of the worst movie or CBM ever. I really don't get it.

To be honest, it was 6% away from being a rotten so to me it was barely a fresh.

The Dark World wasn't a terrible film. For me it was just a nothing film though. It didn't really do or say anything and Thor himself was overshadowed and not developed well. We knew at the start of the film that he didn't want to be King so when he said it at the end i was just like "wait... is that it?"

The Dark World wasn't a terrible film. For me it was just a nothing film though. It didn't really do or say anything and Thor himself was overshadowed and not developed well. We knew at the start of the film that he didn't want to be King so when he said it at the end i was just like "wait... is that it?"

TDW has a poor script, and I heard Feige tried to get it fixed by having other writers such as Whedon pitch in to help, but in the end you can tell that they didn't do their job. For a movie called Thor, Thor felt like a secondary character because he didn't have an arc, while his brother Loki has one, and even though they have a strong supporting cast in Sif and the Warriors Three this movie chose to ignore them and gave them next to nothing to do. And the third act was a letdown. I hope they will learn their lesson because I don't want Thor 3 to end on a whimper.

Didn't they hire the same writers again for thor 3 -_-

If they had removed Darcy and her intern,it would have improved the movie immensely
She was alright in the first movie where there was that fish-out-of-the-water comedy but completely unnecessary in the sequel

TDW has a poor script, and I heard Feige tried to get it fixed by having other writers such as Whedon pitch in to help, but in the end you can tell that they didn't do their job. For a movie called Thor, Thor felt like a secondary character because he didn't have an arc, while his brother Loki has one, and even though they have a strong supporting cast in Sif and the Warriors Three this movie chose to ignore them and gave them next to nothing to do. And the third act was a letdown. I hope they will learn their lesson because I don't want Thor 3 to end on a whimper.

Whedon only rewrote 2 or 3 scenes in the middle of production, he wasn't involved in significant rewrites.

The main writers were Don Payne (THOR), Robert Rodat, Markus & McFeeley (of Cap 1 & 2) and Chris Yost. There might be one or two others I don't remember right now. But yeah, it's clear they didn't quite know what to do with Thor, and didn't have enough time to figure it out.

Didn't they hire the same writers again for thor 3 -_-

Chris Yost is back, he's joined by new guy Craig Kyle

She quart posted a BRUTALLY negative review, one of the most damning reviews I've read of anything in quite a while.

WARNING: FILLED WITH SPOILERS!

http://sequart.org/magazine/48651/w...uardians-of-the-galaxy-broke-something-in-me/
Man, that read as if Marvel stole something from him and then bragged about it to his face. Seems like he's bashing the movie a bit to bring his own space comic (which isn't really all that great either) some possible page hits.

Man, that read as if Marvel stole something from him and then bragged about it to his face. Seems like he's bashing the movie a bit to bring his own space comic (which isn't really all that great either) some possible page hits.

I feel sorry for the guy. It sounds like doesn't know how to have fun. I bet he loved Man of Steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"