Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 22 "All Happy Families Are Alike" General Discussion

Other than Thomas Wayne being Bruce's father, no real connection between him and Batman per se.
As far as the Batcave goes, it is a part of the canon that the cave was used by Wayne ancestors as a part of the Underground Railroad that helped slaves escape from the South during the Civil War, and, since the mansion has been around that long, it's likely there are secret entrances to it all over the grounds. Thomas Wayne, more than likely aware of his family's history, probably knew about the entrance behind the fireplace, and added a remote control so he could use the cave for his own purposes, which no doubt will be revealed next season.

man, I did not know this part of the story! Incredible! Now it makes more sense, hard going to wait for next season! Super thanks!

My favorite scene was the Nygma scene where he talks to himself, brilliantly done. Wasn't expecting Maroni to die...wonder what the ramifications of that will be...and of Carmine deciding to "quit."

I do love this show but I also agree that season two needs to be more coherent. All of the storylines need to be engaging & have consistency.

And it sucks that Jada isn't coming back for season two but I suspect she'll eventually make a return to the show.

My thoughts. Babs was great. If you have a character who no-one really likes send them nuts. Always works.

Where was Victor Zsasz the whole episode? Have I missed something?

Penguin king of Gotham? Think he will have a hard time staying so.

Didn't like Selina going that way. Felt a bit wrong.

I take it that the Commisioner will have done a runner. Maroni dead, Falcone and Jim both alive. Looks like Jim will be Captain next season.

So I finally saw the last episode of the season. It seemed like there should've been a small extra scene showing what happened to Barbara and Leslie. Jim walked in to see Leslie bashing Barbara's head in. He didn't know what went down before and how Babs tried to kill her. How does he know that Lee didn't go crazy and attack Babs? Is he supposed to just take her word for it? What if the situation were reversed and Jim walked in to see Babs bashing in Lee's head on the floor and Babs told Jim that Lee attacked her? Would he simply accept what she said?

Also, what's going to happen to Babs next season since Morena Baccarin is being added to the regular cast? I thought Babs is meant to be Gordon's wife in the comics, and whom Batgirl is named after. Are they just dispensing with comic canon or will Babs eventually become the main love interest again, writing Leslie out of the series?

But I like Baccarin more. She is sexy and has a beautiful smile, and is more interesting as an actress. I would've even liked to have seen her as Maria Hill instead of Cobie Smulders.

An okay, and quite frankly slightly disappointing, finale. It didn't tie up loose ends as well as it should have done, and just felt incompete in general. I'm not sure about returning for next season, depends on if the writing and execution improves.

My favourite part of the series so far is definitely Bruce. David Mazouz consistently delivers excellent performances and his is the story I was most invested in. The only other character that I was fully invested in was the Riddler.

I hope the series improves.

My favorite scene was the Nygma scene where he talks to himself, brilliantly done. Wasn't expecting Maroni to die...wonder what the ramifications of that will be...and of Carmine deciding to "quit."

I do love this show but I also agree that season two needs to be more coherent. All of the storylines need to be engaging & have consistency.

And it sucks that Jada isn't coming back for season two but I suspect she'll eventually make a return to the show.

I do not think Jada is coming back.

The show reminds me a bit of Star Trek the next Generation. Season one was uneven with shades of brilliance. Then the writers found where the chemistry was and which scripts were needed to ignite it.

BOOM, it took off

So where's the boom in Gotham?

It appears the Joker, a son of a blind fortune teller and cirrus snake handling ****e can emerge at any time. The actor who played him as a young man was scary good.

The Riddler has become something special.

The Penguin can carry a show all by himself.

The bat cave was discovered, and Wayne Enterprise has become unlocked so to speak.

The show only needs to show less of the rest, and more of the best in each episode. Multiple plots in a 60 minute show dilute the message. Two plots per episode is more than enough. Just make sure the Penguin, Riddler, or Joker is in one of them.

I do not think Jada is coming back.

The show reminds me a bit of Star Trek the next Generation. Season one was uneven with shades of brilliance. Then the writers found where the chemistry was and which scripts were needed to ignite it.

BOOM, it took off

So where's the boom in Gotham?

It appears the Joker, a son of a blind fortune teller and cirrus snake handling ****e can emerge at any time. The actor who played him as a young man was scary good.
The Riddler has become something special.

The Penguin can carry a show all by himself.

The bat cave was discovered, and Wayne Enterprise has become unlocked so to speak.

The show only needs to show less of the rest, and more of the best in each episode. Multiple plots in a 60 minute show dilute the message. Two plots per episode is more than enough. Just make sure the Penguin, Riddler, or Joker is in one of them.

That may or may not be the Joker. The producers did say there would be a number of people who look like they might possibly be the Joker, but they would all be red herrings, with no one of them being confirmed as the real thing.

That may or may not be the Joker. The producers did say there would be a number of people who look like they might possibly be the Joker, but they would all be red herrings, with no one of them being confirmed as the real thing.
At least this guy showed he has what it takes to play the character. If he ends up being the real Joker on this show I will be totally fine with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"