Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please dear god enough with the wrestlers. or mma fighters. or CW has-beens. Please, as a personal favor. Thanks.

And the first person to mention Jensen Ackles gets a voodoo curse put on them. The reason is self-explanatory.

Please dear god enough with the wrestlers. or mma fighters. or CW has-beens. Please, as a personal favor. Thanks.
None of them is going to actually land the role so I wouldn't worry about it. It's just internet noise

Have there been any audition rumors for characters other than Star-Lord? Because it seems like we get a new rumor about that character every day, but I haven't heard anything about the others.

And the first person to mention Jensen Ackles gets a voodoo curse put on them. The reason is self-explanatory.

I'm honestly tired of hearing both Ackles and Fillion. Neither of them are ever going to actually get leading roles in these movies.

Yeah, Diesel is a reasonable option, given that he's a professional actor with something resembling range. I don't know about "more than sufficient", Drax has been a pretty deep and interesting character since he was reimagined in Annihilation.

The Rock would be great. Terry Crews, Gerry Butler, etc.

Vin Diesel is not going to be Drax, not after basically playing Drax as Riddick in several other movies. I'm also fairly confident that The Rock is not playing Drax either, if he plays a superhero, it will be as the title character like Namor, not a supporting character. Crews is a decent option but I'd prefer him for Luke Cage and Gerard Butler is not in shape for this character these days, or at least the last time I saw him.

You could pick anyone of these actors and I'd be fine: Kevin Grevioux, Jason Mamoa, Michael Jai White, Scott Adkins, Isiah Mustafa

Last edited:
I'm honestly tired of hearing both Ackles and Fillion. Neither of them are ever going to actually get leading roles in these movies.

I agree.

It feels almost like blasphemy on here to say you don't want Ackles and Fillion to play every superhero role going :o

Yeah, no sh**. I think Ackles has been suggested for literally EVERY superhero character mentioned on this board. I personally have never seen the appeal of the guy. He looks like a poor man's Emilio Estevez.

They're like the Great Pumpkin of the superhero fan casting world.

Yeah, no sh**. I think Ackles has been suggested for literally EVERY superhero character mentioned on this board. I personally have never seen the appeal of the guy. He looks like a poor man's Emilio Estevez.

Jensen Hackles.

I actually like him and Fillion but yeah, time to move on. Remember when it was Jude Law?

Jensen Hackles.

lol that made me titter. cheers.

as far as Jude Law, the guy is a bona fide movie star who is often considered the best thing about the movies hes in. including his latest, Anna Karenina, where he upstaged both leads. ditto for both Sherlock Holmes movies. the guy is legit. I dont expect him for Star-Lord, but he could do the role in his sleep and Marvel would be lucky to have him.

Don't forget Krasinski. He's been on how many "short lists" now? On the female side, Krasinski's wife Emily Blunt has been in the running or fan cast for every available role, too.

lol that made me titter. cheers.

as far as Jude Law, the guy is a bona fide movie star who is often considered the best thing about the movies hes in. including his latest, Anna Karenina, where he upstaged both leads. ditto for both Sherlock Holmes movies. the guy is legit. I dont expect him for Star-Lord, but he could do the role in his sleep and Marvel would be lucky to have him.

Adam Warlock, please.

I actually like him and Fillion but yeah, time to move on. Remember when it was Jude Law?

Yep every year there is a flavour of the mouth actor who is mentioned for every role.

When Jude Law had five movies out in a year his name came up alot, when Zack Efron was in the spotlight alot with the High School Musical films his name came up alot as well.

Yep every year there is a flavour of the mouth actor who is mentioned for every role.

When Jude Law had five movies out in a year his name came up alot, when Zack Efron was in the spotlight alot with the High School Musical films his name came up alot as well.
Let's just be glad that Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner have never been mentioned/considered.

I seem to recall that same argument being made for Thor back in 2009/2010...

And I understand the horror at people suggesting rasslers taking on dramatic roles, believe me. I was fully opposed to suggestions that HHH or any other wrestler be Thor back in the day, and still am; and there's plenty of roles that I think it's ridiculous to assume some muscle-head should play just because he's got the superhero physique for it.

But in Drax's case, I think the exception can be made. With the whole Moondragon family subplot, I could see there being plenty of opportunity for emotion and drama; but since that's clearly not going to be part of GOTG, then I think a Jason Statham type is all that's needed --- somebody who's a proven fighter/action star, rather than an "Acteur, Master Thespian" who's going to likely need to spend several months bulking up to look the part.

In Drax's case, I believe that looks ARE more important than an award-winning resume. Just someone who can portray physicality and menace, and there's plenty of wrestlers, MMA fighters, bodybuilders and other athletes who are better suited for this role than someone who's a great actor.

And I understand the horror at people suggesting rasslers taking on dramatic roles, believe me. I was fully opposed to suggestions that HHH or any other wrestler be Thor back in the day, and still am; and there's plenty of roles that I think it's ridiculous to assume some muscle-head should play just because he's got the superhero physique for it.

But in Drax's case, I think the exception can be made. With the whole Moondragon family subplot, I could see there being plenty of opportunity for emotion and drama; but since that's clearly not going to be part of GOTG, then I think a Jason Statham type is all that's needed --- somebody who's a proven fighter/action star, rather than an "Acteur, Master Thespian" who's going to likely need to spend several months bulking up to look the part.

In Drax's case, I believe that looks ARE more important than an award-winning resume. Just someone who can portray physicality and menace, and there's plenty of wrestlers, MMA fighters, bodybuilders and other athletes who are better suited for this role than someone who's a great actor.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Depth and range are hardly requirements for the guy playing Drax.

tho, I agree the role hardly demands a "Master Thespian" but, even a non-speaking role requires some acting ability... if anything (if it is a non-speaking role) it would require a lot of body language, the ability to project or express them self, with out word...
(not just a muscle bound, meat head, with a dumb founded look on his face the whole time)

Agreed wholeheartedly. Depth and range are hardly requirements for the guy playing Drax.

Spoons, my man. We're not saying dude has to be a trained Shakespearean actor but Drax has evolved from being some grunt. It would take more than being a body to play Drax.

tho, I agree the role hardly demands a "Master Thespian" but, even a non-speaking role requires some acting ability... if anything (if it is a non-speaking role) it would require a lot of body language, the ability to project or express them self, with out word...
(not just a muscle bound, meat head, with a dumb founded look on his face the whole time)

Agreed.

We're not asking for Daniel Day-Lewis play Drax but we've gone beyond just putting wrestlers and guys with muscles in roles or so I thought.

Yea, let's go ahead and split the difference, fellas.

Mamoa for Drax.

Physicality? Check. Ability to sell implied violence? Check. (Khal Drogo scared the **** out of me.)

Then again, how old is he? 32? *runs to Wiki* 33, apparently. Nah, that's a tad too young. Carry on.

Alright, I finally need to read some Guardian issues.

People of the Hype! Recommend me stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"