Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you know that those cases are in the minority. You keep making this point as if every bodybuilder/wrestler who has tried acting has gone on to become great actors. The majority of them suck, hence why there is always apprehension when one is brought up. In this specific case, we've seen Batista act and he sucks.

And you keep making the point like they all suck bc they are bodybuilders or wrestler. The Majority of people who try to act CANT. So what makes bodybuilders or wrestlers different?

If some one can impress marvel enough to get a role in there films I dont care what there past Career.

Hey, if they can convince the people in charge that they are right for the role, sure, why not. I just doubt Batista will be that person.

I'm donw on Batista since seeing the man with the Iron fist, he really looked bad. So As for Batista I'm going to say no.

But there has to be some one with the look, size, and acting ability so we dont get some crappy cgi or muscle suite.

Drax, the diamond in the rough

And you keep making the point like they all suck bc they are bodybuilders or wrestler. The Majority of people who try to act CANT. So what makes bodybuilders or wrestlers different?

If some one can impress marvel enough to get a role in there films I dont care what there past Career.

The point is, there are plenty of ESTABLISHED actors that are better for the role. I'm all for giving people a chance but until they show me differently I'm going in with the assumption that a wrestler is going to be terrible.

The point is, there are plenty of ESTABLISHED actors that are better for the role. I'm all for giving people a chance but until they show me differently I'm going in with the assumption that a wrestler is going to be terrible.

So for Drax we are looking for a actor who can look like a Wrestler, football player, or bodybuilder, but NOT have been one in his past, as well as learn martial artist to be a real bad ass?

Actors ban bulk up. Actor can learn sufficient fighting skills a movie requires. Then there are always stunt double that can do the heavy lifting.

Actors ban bulk up. Actor can learn sufficient fighting skills a movie requires. Then there are always stunt double that can do the heavy lifting.

I'm sorry but guys like michael jai white and dwayne johnson look good in there action scenes bc they are really doing it. But guys like jake gyllenhaal & Taylor Kitsch look like $h*t in there fights scenes.

I'm sorry but guys like michael jai white and dwayne johnson look good in there action scenes bc they are really doing it. But guys like jake gyllenhaal & Taylor Kitsch look like $h*t in there fights scenes.

You just hit the proverbial nail on the head, sir.

In an action movie, like this one, the emphasis is on *action,* not *acting.* I would rather see an *experienced* fighter pulling off amazing moves for Drax than an *experienced* actor pull off amateur moves.

In particular, whoever plays Drax had damn well better know some serious knife fighting skills.

Comic movies did fine with Bale, Hardy, Neeson, Hemsworth, Johansson, Renner, Evans and whoever else there is. Don't see why things would suddenly change with Drax. Especially when he'd basically be Riddick and Vin Diesel wasn't a former martial artist either.

Comic movies did fine with Bale, Hardy, Neeson, Hemsworth, Johansson, Renner, Evans and whoever else there is. Don't see why things would suddenly change with Drax. Especially when he'd basically be Riddick and Vin Diesel wasn't a former martial artist either.

Bale - Trained in 5 Martial arts since 2001 for his prep for Equilibrium and continues to this day.

Hardy - Trained as a boxer in his personal life as well as for Bronson & warrior

Neeson - Has been fighting since 1975 and was a bare knuckle fighter as a kid

Johansson - You could tell when her stunt double was in bc the didnt show her face.

I can keep going but I think i proved my point. I dont think batista fits the bill, but marvel will find the right guy

Bale - Trained in 5 Martial arts since 2001 for his prep for Equilibrium and continues to this day.

Hardy - Trained as a boxer in his personal life as well as for Bronson & warrior

Neeson - Has been fighting since 1975 and was a bare knuckle fighter as a kid

Johansson - You could tell when her stunt double was in bc the didnt show her face.

I can keep going but I think i proved my point. I dont think batista fits the bill, but marvel will find the right guy

Actually, no, you just proved Nathan's point.

Also, Neeson was an amateur boxer, not bare knuckle, as a kid.

Last edited:
You just hit the proverbial nail on the head, sir.

In an action movie, like this one, the emphasis is on *action,* not *acting.* I would rather see an *experienced* fighter pulling off amazing moves for Drax than an *experienced* actor pull off amateur moves.

In particular, whoever plays Drax had damn well better know some serious knife fighting skills.

Either one can pull it off, though it's obvious the more experienced fighter as an actor can pull of action movies better.

When an actor accepts an action role, they go through months and months of physical training not only for weight, but to also learn moves that can be used in fight choreography. That's why doing an action movie is no easier than doing a drama, or a musical. They all take require a huge effort on different fronts.

Regarding Thanos' role in the GotG and Avengers 2 movies, here is my hope....

I would like to see the writers have him play a background bit role, where they flash to segments of Thanos getting the Gauntlet and preparing to attack the universe. With both the GotG and Avengers 2 movies having the teams fight other main villains and at the end of the Avengers 2 movie we see Thanos about to put his plan in action....perhaps having him snap his fingers and half the universes' population disappears, like in the Infinity Gauntlet. Then have the Avengers 3 movie be about the heroes fighting Thanos.

That's my two cents.

- Thanos

^ You just don't wanna put in any hard work at all, don't you? That's the only way you're going eliminate The Avengers.

:up: Spot on, if Hardy and Hemsworth can bulk up to, lets be honest, amazing proportions then a lot of other 'actor's' can too.

Plus, as I mentioned in the Drax thread, though he doesnt talk much (though there have been times when he has talked a lot), when he does he says things with weight behind them and things that matter, you need an 'actor' to get that right. Plus he maybe playing Drax over a few movies, which means he will have to act at some point.

:up: Spot on, if Hardy and Hemsworth can bulk up to, lets be honest, amazing proportions then a lot of other 'actor's' can too.

Plus, as I mentioned in the Drax thread, though he doesnt talk much (though there have been times when he has talked a lot), when he does he says things with weight behind them and things that matter, you need an 'actor' to get that right. Plus he maybe playing Drax over a few movies, which means he will have to act at some point.

Hardy and Hemsworth are both fighters. Hemsworth was in a street fight in LA a week before he got Thor, and he was all ready big before he got cast, just not super big.

Hardy was big for several other films before dark knight.

Your past job doesnt make you a good actor, HARD WORK DOES. If some one has the look and acting skill to be drax what they did in the past shouldnt matter

And the character is going to get heavier if they ever get to the stuff with his daughter

Hardy and Hemsworth are both actors who have been acting for many many years.

There is a difference between someone who was a professional athlete and is now a professional actor, and someone who is still a professional athlete.

And the character is going to get heavier if they ever get to the stuff with his daughter

Exactly, he has some heavy stuff with Thanos even before that, they are going to need someone who can act in the role.

Hardy and Hemsworth are both actors who have been acting for many many years.

There is a difference between someone who was a professional athlete and is now a professional actor, and someone who is still a professional athlete.

Annnnndddd exactly again! Both had extensive acting experience before getting major roles. No wrestler will.

It's like wrestlers murdered all your parents or something. This is too funny. In the end, I just hope we get a good movie, but the stereotyping is ridiculous. If you have muscles, surely you can't act and look mindless 24/7.

It's like wrestlers murdered all your parents or something. This is too funny. In the end, I just hope we get a good movie, but the stereotyping is ridiculous. If you have muscles, surely you can't act and look mindless 24/7.

I have nothing against wrestlers at all. But for a character like Drax, a character I love, a wrestler just wont do.

Plus as I have said about 3 times now, when Drax speaks, he says important things with weight behind them, a wrestler just cant do this, the proof is in the pudding.

If Dave Bautista knocks the Drax reading out of the park give him the role. I just doubt he can.

Hardy and Hemsworth are both fighters.

rhpcpe.jpg

No. They aren't. Never were. They are both actors and have been working actors for a decade.

Hemsworth was in a street fight in LA a week before he got Thor, and he was all ready big before he got cast, just not super big.

Being in a scuffle in the street doesn't qualify someone as a fighter.

Hardy was big for several other films before dark knight.

Hardy was big for those roles because he worked out & trained for those parts.

Months of weights, fight training & choreography for Warrior:
[YT]uKfqrzovecQ[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija