Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and anyone just a tad dissapointed with teh way the Novas look?

I don't personally like them.

I thought it was interesting Gunn's comments today about his love for Indiana Jones. I thought some of shots were reminiscent of it, which ironically is what CA:TFA was going for. The shot from the trailer of Quill in the cockpit was eerily reminiscent of one in Captain America. Both have a sort've glossy look to them.

See I disagree, just with what little we have seen. You're right its too early but man I love the Novas and I just want them to look bad ass on screen and honestly they did not look good to me in that trailer.

Yeah, I'm not a Nova fan, so I don't mind, but I can see a diehard Nova fan being upset by them seemingly being portrayed as schlubby space cops.

I wonder if the German trailer had David Hasselhoff's version of 'Hooked on a Feeling'? Lol.

LOL. Any Tim and Eric fans in here?

tumblr_n18yvxhClK1qa4t45o1_500.jpg

:hehe:

:lmao:

I didn't know Reilly was in this before watching the trailer.
Was a nice surprise.

I thought it was interesting Gunn's comments today about his love for Indiana Jones.

Knew nothing about his comments but that 1st scene in the trailer with Quill going after the spaceball or whatever did remind me of the beginning of Raiders...

Just watched this again in 1080p with headphones - can't wait to see it in a theater. If I had no knowledge of this - especially as a kid, and it came up before a movie, it'd blow my mind.

I definitely want some nods and hints to the rest of the MCU. I love the connectivity of these films, and it even makes the whole even bigger than the sum of it's -- still mostly good -- parts. This film should have less connection than others, yes. But mostly skipping them altogether would be stupid.

Last edited:
I love that Rocket has the longest rap sheet/most charges. 49 counts all together

I really don't read the Guardian books.....I harken back to the Charlie-27 days.....

I guess this is Star Lord, right??

http://media.heavy.com/media/2013/02/Star-Lord2.jpg

I was waiting to see the hero in the link I posted.....But I kept seeing a Hans Solo rip-off......

Is this another one of those "gotta have face time" type of things.........where the star never hardly wears his mask or helmet??

OK, i just watched the trailer for the 27th time and I think I like it.

I really don't read the Guardian books.....I harken back to the Charlie-27 days.....

I guess this is Star Lord, right??

http://media.heavy.com/media/2013/02/Star-Lord2.jpg

I was waiting to see the hero in the link I posted.....But I kept seeing a Hans Solo rip-off......

Is this another one of those "gotta have face time" type of things.........where the star never hardly wears his mask or helmet??
what are you talking about? he wears his mask in the trailer?

Yes, Chris Pratt reportedly refused to sign onto the film unless he got at least 45 minutes of face time

Yes, Chris Pratt reportedly refused to sign onto the film unless he got at least 45 minutes of face time

Requoting this b/c I want everyone to ask Chewy, "NOT SURE IF SERIOUS…"

See I disagree, just with what little we have seen. You're right its too early but man I love the Novas and I just want them to look bad ass on screen and honestly they did not look good to me in that trailer.

The Novas??? Where in the trailer??????

I think so. He's not exactly big enough a star to be calling for demands like that.

The fifth time watching the trailer, I know all the jokes, know when they're going to be said… and I laughed harder than I did the first time I watched this thing.

Good sign, for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"