Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right hand men are not immune to their boss' backlash. It's a trope really.

So TeeKay what can you say about the parts of the film that involve Thanos. You left him out of the review entirely. I'm curious.

Just throwing this out there. The Other was probably used as a Mephisto replacement. Marvel has the Mephisto rights back now, so the Other may be expendable.

Just throwing this out there. The Other was probably used as a Mephisto replacement. Marvel has the Mephisto rights back now, so the Other may be expendable.

I'm not sure about the rights to the Mephisto name, but I was always under the impression that Marvel avoided it to keep from pissing off the fundamentalists. Last thing we need is a bunch of holy rollers boycotting Marvel and telling the kiddies to stay away from their action figures because Kevin Feige is a devil worshipper. :o

So you saw this early, just like you saw ASM2 early? :whatever:

I know TeeKay's been on here a while, but count me among the doubters on this "early screening" review. Way too generic, and doesn't really include anything that we couldn't speculate from trailers and interview content.

I won't place any credence in GotG reviews prior to the beginning of July. I'm sure that screenings have happened, but I'm not really going to sweat a rough cut at this point.

Right hand men are not immune to their boss' backlash. It's a trope really.
I'd say it is Nebula. After all, that is how she got her mechanical bits.

I know TeeKay's been on here a while, but count me among the doubters on this "early screening" review. Way too generic, and doesn't really include anything that we couldn't speculate from trailers and interview content.

I won't place any credence in GotG reviews prior to the beginning of July. I'm sure that screenings have happened, but I'm not really going to sweat a rough cut at this point.
They are generic because of the typical NDA. I have asked him questions in the past, and he has answered the best he could given that. He has a fantastic track record. So unless he has decided to start lying now, which I completely doubt, then he is most definitely telling the truth.

Just entered the contest to go to the premier. There is a link on their Facebook page for anyone that wants to enter as well

All the posters for this movie so far have been on point. They're the best posters I've ever seen for a Marvel movie IMO. :D

I hope the villain poster/s look just as good.

Yeah, what a bummer! :funny:

I was expecting to see something cool!

I actually think that featurette is INCREDIBLY cool. I'm happy for both James Gunn and for the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, that they're in the position to spearhead a large-scale campaign to promote the sciences in schools and to encourage kids to make a difference in their community. It's a really admirable initiative, using fictional superheroes to give kids a platform to be real-life heroes. Kudos to Marvel for getting behind the project.

Drax appears to have no ass...

That's what I first noticed about his poster. :funny:

Have to say the composition in the GOTG posters are great. In fact, the concept art for the project has been of a good standard.

Ty Simpkins on 9 June:
i had lunch with Star-Lord today. cant wait for Guardians of the Galaxy

Edit: Found funny stuff :D
qqK6b74.jpg

Last edited:
The Drax Poster is Dave Batista's way of getting chicks

Do you mean he carries the poster around with him and shows it off to chicks he wants to get with?

IDK about that; I think Loki maybe Mephisto's replacement. It doesn't make alot of sense that the f***ing Devil is scared of anyone; also I'm not sure where Mephisto could be introduced before Avengers 3 unless we get a surprise Ghost Rider movie in Phase 3.

:D at that cover...

Anyway here is an interesting article that goes in-depth on the theme park rights to Marvel characters and how Disney was able to have a GoTG sneak peek in both Disneyland and WDW: http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2014/disney-vs-universal-over-marvel/

One character = one park
The first hurdle that Disney has to overcome? It can’t utilize any of the characters that are already in use over at Universal Orlando Resort.
And while this may seem rather straightforward enough, there’s a corollary here that’s a bit trickier: any of the characters that Disney wants to use can’t even be in the same family of characters – which means that if Disney wanted to parade Chamber (a favorite of mine as a wee lad), originally from the X-Men spinoff comic Generation X before eventually graduating to the X-Men proper, it wouldn’t be able to, since he’s on the same team as Storm, Rogue, Wolverine, and other characters currently in use at Islands of Adventure.
(Best of all, even if Disney could find characters who clear these hurdles, it still wouldn’t be able to use them if Universal had featured them in advertising during the previous year. Talk about restrictions!)
Marvelously absent
Disney can’t ever use the name Marvel in its attractions or, even, in its advertising of its in-park experiences. This is why, as Robert points out, Disney’s recent blog post says “From the studio that brought you The Avengers” instead of simply saying “From Marvel.”
No competition with Spidey
The contract between Marvel and Universal specifically states that, for those geographical areas that contain an Universal theme park, no “Marvel-themed simulator rides” will be permitted – presumably because of the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man attraction at both Orlando and Osaka. This once again explains some of the details from the Disney announcement, which notes that the Disneyland preview of Guardians will feature 4D effects (think Shrek 4D‘s vibrating seats, enhanced lighting effects, and water spritzers) to accompany its 3D film footage, but the Hollywood Studios version will not.

IDK about that; I think Loki maybe Mephisto's replacement. It doesn't make alot of sense that the f***ing Devil is scared of anyone; also I'm not sure where Mephisto could be introduced before Avengers 3 unless we get a surprise Ghost Rider movie in Phase 3.

Mephisto isn't the Devil. He never was. He's just some extra-dimensional being who was perceived as the Devil. It's the same deal with Asgardians and them being perceived as Gods.

Either way, when Thanos had the IG he was literally God. The Devil would be bricking it if God went insane with all that power.

Random question: is Thanos pronounced: Thaynos, Thahnos, or Thanos with "Than" pronounced like "Fan", and the "os" like "dose"."

Ive been saying it the third way but I heard someone pronounce it "Thaynos"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"