Halloween Movies Thread... - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL yes the Myers house suddenly turned into a big mansion. H5 is probably the worst Halloween movie after resurrection and the Rob Zombie ones. Tina and Billy were two of the most annoying characters ever. The clown Cops and their goofy theme music. Alien Myers house. Bat s*** crazy Loomis.

H1, HII, and H20 are to me the best of the Halloween movies. Michael vs Laurie is where it's at. Halloween 4 was the best of the non Laurie Strode ones.

As much as you and I disagree on the subject of the Friday The 13th movies, we are 100% on the same page when it comes to Halloween. Halloween 1, 2, and H20 are the only ones in my DVD collection. And Part 4, while nowhere near as good as the above three, is the best of the rest. And the less said about that no talent hack Rob Zombie the better.

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 has to be one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen, and a complete insult to the Halloween mythos.
lol There is no "Halloween mythos." It's the Carpenter classic, and the few watchable and garbage that followed that doesn't really make any sense. Even Carpenter ruined Michael's own mystique by trying to connect Laurie and Michael while with the sequel he hammered out one night while drinking some Budweiser.

The director's cut of RZ's Halloween II is the best since the original, script wise and visually. It's a story of how different survivors deal with what happened to them. Laurie has a complete breakdown. Annie is a recluse. Brackett tries to hold it all together. Loomis is in complete denial. People whine about the white horse and other dream/hallucinatory imagery, but the complaints don't hold up when I haven't heard good reasons as to why they shouldn't be there. They hired him to make his own take on Halloween and that's what he did. Lynchian imagrey and all. (The horse looks like it's straight out of Twin Peaks: FWWM. Symbolizing death.)

A psychopath living on the fringes of society is scarier than green slime test tube controlling cults.

^ No, she wasn't. She was adopted by a normal family who were the complete opposite of white trash. Laurie didn't actually grow up inside that whole mess. And in part two she's more psychologically damaged than white trash. Scout's performance in RZH2 is one of the best in any horror sequel because it realistically explores the ramifications of dealing with such traumatic events instead of two years later & she's normal as if nothing ever happened.

Yeah, never understood the "everyone's white trash!" thing. There's Michael's family and Lew Temple. Loomis, the Strode family, the Brackett family, Lynda and what little we saw of her Dad in the sequel, Danny Trejo... All pretty normal people with their own quirks. Definitely not white trash. Ken Foree acted like kind of a jerk, but someone interrupted when he had a Taco Deluxe Supreme talkin' back at him.

Halloween 1, 2, and H20 are the only ones in my DVD collection. And Part 4, while nowhere near as good as the above three, is the best of the rest. And the less said about that no talent hack Rob Zombie the better.

Exactly.

lol There is no "Halloween mythos."

Yes there is. They've made a whole franchise storyline out of it. They made several comic book titles based on the story. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It's the Carpenter classic, and the few watchable and garbage that followed that doesn't really make any sense.

Your opinion of the sequels aside, that's the Halloween mythos. Michael's quest to kill his family. Something that awful movie you're trying to defend adopted, too, because it's the Halloween mythos.

Even Carpenter ruined Michael's own mystique by trying to connect Laurie and Michael while with the sequel he hammered out one night while drinking some Budweiser.

Some of the best ideas come while drinking. You say he ruined it, others say he didn't. He just added a new dimension to it.

The director's cut of RZ's Halloween II is the best since the original, script wise and visually. It's a story of how different survivors deal with what happened to them. Laurie has a complete breakdown. Annie is a recluse. Brackett tries to hold it all together. Loomis is in complete denial. People whine about the white horse and other dream/hallucinatory imagery, but the complaints don't hold up when I haven't heard good reasons as to why they shouldn't be there. They hired him to make his own take on Halloween and that's what he did. Lynchian imagrey and all. (The horse looks like it's straight out of Twin Peaks: FWWM. Symbolizing death.)

No version of RZ's HII is the best of anything. Loomis behaves like a sell out jackass who milks the Myers horror for fame and profit. Talk about bastardizing the Loomis character. Laurie in H20 is how you show a broken down Laurie dealing with the trauma of Michael, not that trashy absusive b**** that called herself Laurie in RZ's movies. Annie was the only half way decent character in that whole sorry mess of a movie.

Saying they hired Zombie to make his own take on it is like saying they hired Joel Schumacher to make his own take on Batman. It doesn't make his take any less awful. The symbolic meaning behind the horse didn't make it look any less ridiculous, just like the Mommy issues this version of Michael had didn't make his mother always being there telling him to kill any less awful.

A psychopath living on the fringes of society is scarier than green slime test tube controlling cults.

No, even a Halloween worshiping murderous cult is scarier than Hobo Myers with Mommy visions.

Last edited:
Yeah, never understood the "everyone's white trash!" thing. There's Michael's family and Lew Temple. Loomis, the Strode family, the Brackett family, Lynda and what little we saw of her Dad in the sequel, Danny Trejo... All pretty normal people with their own quirks. Definitely not white trash. Ken Foree acted like kind of a jerk, but someone interrupted when he had a Taco Deluxe Supreme talkin' back at him.

Michael's family? You mean his stripper mom and that redneck character William Forsythe played? Can't remember his name but it was probably Hillbilly f*****' Jim or something along those lines.

Yeehaw ahm goan skull-f*** you b****! F****** f*** f***! So ''quirky''! :o

Michael's family? You mean his stripper mom and that redneck character William Forsythe played? Can't remember his name but it was probably Hillbilly f*****' Jim or something along those lines.

Yeehaw ahm goan skull-f*** you b****! F****** f*** f***! So ''quirky''! :o

Which is why I said that Michael's family and Lew Temple were white trash before listing all of the characters that weren't... :huh:

Which is why I said that Michael's family and Lew Temple were white trash before listing all of the characters that weren't... :huh:

You sure?

I just read it as you listing people and then saying they weren't white trash.

You sure?

I just read it as you listing people and then saying they weren't white trash.

There was a period between Lew Temple and Loomis. Then the list started and the people included in that list were separated with commas.

What a dreadful title. It might be cool, but the last time they did something like this, we ended up with that awful Texas Chainsaw 3D movie.

All good.

So, the latest this could take place is 1996. Do you think they'll go for it? Or just Texas Chainsaw 3D it up and have a very spry 40 year old rebelling against her adoptive parents and hanging out with teenagers.

If this takes place in 2016, wouldn't MM be in his mid fifties?

I appreciate Hollywood at least attempting to respect the original film, but this won't make a damn lick of sense.

Texas Chainsaw 3D was a joke. Daddario's character SMFH.

''All my friends are dead but who cares? Not me! Leartherface is my cuz'! LOL!''

LOL yes the Myers house suddenly turned into a big mansion. H5 is probably the worst Halloween movie after resurrection and the Rob Zombie ones. Tina and Billy were two of the most annoying characters ever. The clown Cops and their goofy theme music. Alien Myers house. Bat s*** crazy Loomis.

H1, HII, and H20 are to me the best of the Halloween movies. Michael vs Laurie is where it's at. Halloween 4 was the best of the non Laurie Strode ones.

I can't give H20 a pass. It feels too much like the trendy horror movies during that time like Scream or I Know What You Did Last Summer guest starring Michael Myers.

I can't give H20 a pass. It feels too much like the trendy horror movies during that time like Scream or I Know What You Did Last Summer guest starring Michael Myers.

I've no idea what you mean. Michael was a major presence all through the movie. Even when he's not really there because he haunts Laurie's mind so badly that she keeps imagining seeing him. That's one of the major strengths of H20. It took the Halloween franchise back to it's roots. I love all the nods to the original, too.

I don't think he has even a small point. A whiff of influence, and by that I mean a couple of small tropes, didn't make it any less a full blown Halloween movie, closer to the original than anything that followed HII, and after H20, too.

Even Carpenter and the late Debra Hill said so. Debra said that she felt the only film that was closest to the original Halloween was H20. And that she was extremely grateful to Jamie-Lee Curtis and the film-makers for that. You can hear her say that on one of the Halloween documentaries, too. Carpenter said something along the lines of H20 being the only one that honored his original movie, and he was including HII in that statement.

I believe Carpenter was asked to direct it too. Shame, but he's made it abundantly clear that he was done telling that story.

Yeah Carpenter wouldn't touch another Halloween movie again after H3 bombed on him.

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 has to be one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen, and a complete insult to the Halloween mythos.

Agreed :up:

At least even the bad ones of the original series still felt like a Halloween movie. Hobomyers was just ridiculous aswell.

Heck some scenes in H20 even had the music tracked in/adapted from the original Scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"