The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

My art contest submission. This contest: Create artwork inspired by the film Halloween

ypRgpgK.jpg
This is incredible! Best of luck in the contest man, let us know how you get on. :up:

Yep simple yet effective marketing nothing too overboard or crazy.

I am seeing so many damn tv spots for this already. Awareness for this has to be extremely high and it doesn't even come out for another 3 weeks.

That is awesome lol. Looks like they had a blast doing that EW cover shoot.

‘Halloween’ To Hook $40M+ Record Opening For Horror Franchise – Early Box Office Forecast

EXCLUSIVE: Universal/Blumhouse/Miramax’s Halloween came on tracking this morning and early industry forecasts indicate that the reboot/sequel is easily poised for a $40M-plus –possibly even $50M– 3-day weekend opening on Oct. 19, which will easily deliver the 40-year-old classic horror franchise its best domestic box office debut ever, beating the Weinstein/MGM 2007 reboot which opened to $26.3M.

The latest Halloween is opening close to 40 years from the weekend when John Carpenter’s original bowed on Oct. 25, 1978.

Typically an R-rated pic is a slam dunk with men over 25, however, we hear that Halloween is strong with largely everyone. First choice and definite interest for the pic is strong with men over/under 25 and females under 25; unaided is best with the under 25 set. There’s just something about a classic piece of movie IP when remade right, that just rains cash into multiplexes. This David Gordon Green directed version, which he executive produced and co-wrote with longtime collaborator Danny McBride has their edgy sense of humor woven in, with an auteurish feel as it follows Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) four decades later in the wake of Michael Myers’ murders. Myers remains alive in jail while Strode has barricaded herself in the woods. Jeff Fradley also co-wrote.

For horror pics, the top domestic openings are Warner Bros.’ It ($123.4M), Paramount/Skydance’s World War Z ($66.4M), MGM’s Hannibal ($58M) New Line’s The Nun ($53.8KM), and Paranormal Activity 3 ($52.5M) and there’s a shot that Halloween may break into the group. Anything over $40M puts it ahead of The Conjuring ($41.8M) and The Conjuring 2 ($40.4M).

The audience response for Halloween coming out of its TIFF midnight premiere was electric with critics currently giving it an 85% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes off 52 reviews. Check out our TIFF video below when Curtis, McBride, Gordon Green, stars Judy Greer, Andi Matichak and producers Jason Blum, Malek Akkad and Bill Block took the stage.

I'm absolutely loving the media coverage this is all getting, and I'll be sure to pick up that EW issue haha. Btw, that pic of jamie kissing laurie is damn beautiful in every way.

So much awesome publicity. Not trying to jump the gun guys, but I think we might have something special here. For us hardcore horror fans and especially of the original 1978 classic, it really feels like we are getting something amazing and worthy.

So much awesome publicity. Not trying to jump the gun guys, but I think we might have something special here. For us hardcore horror fans and especially of the original 1978 classic, it really feels like we are getting something amazing and worthy.
It really is, and that's not jumping the gun. Look at the critical and fan response! an 85% RT?? that's insane! Let alone the fact that this film is reuniting carpenter, Jamie, and castle and being under the direction of an incredible talented director like David Gordon Green and Blumhouse, who are fans just like us. I don't think it's too early for us to say we have something truly amazing on our way.

1 week left until I see this film, and i am more ready than ever!

Has there ever been another franchise with two alternate histories with the same actor?

Meaning, Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode told through Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween H20 and finally Halloween Resurrection and then now an alternate take with Halloween and Halloween 2018?

I guess the new Terminator as well with Arnold? Though technically he's not playing the same character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"