The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

@Shikamaru Regarding your spoiler
You said the original implies he won't kill without his mask, but I am pretty certain he killed the Phelps Garage mechanic that Loomis found at the side of the highway road and stole his coveralls. We know he didn't get his mask til he got to Haddonfield when Brackett says someone broke into the Hardware store and just took a Halloween mask and a couple of knives.

Tell you what made me laugh there was a woman who came out of my showing moaning that Michael would never use a hammer. I was like WTF?

She thought she was going to see the next Thor film....

@Shikamaru Regarding your spoiler
You said the original implies he won't kill without his mask, but I am pretty certain he killed the Phelps Garage mechanic that Loomis found at the side of the highway road and stole his coveralls. We know he didn't get his mask til he got to Haddonfield when Brackett says someone broke into the Hardware store and just took a Halloween mask and a couple of knives.

I know it's in the original but I wondered about it there too. He waits to put his mask back on before he tries to kill Laurie again in the original (when Laurie takes it off him), so I always thought he likes his victims to not see his face before they die.

I never saw it as a problem in the original because it's easy to imagine ways he killed that mechanic without showing his face (the fact it was in the middle of the night in an area with no lights, etc.). When he goes around killing in broad daylight without it though (particularly the bathroom scene where they both see him), I thought about it more.

Back from my second viewing, loved it even more. Easily my second favorite behind the original. Definitely a solid 9/10 for me.

I mean, how can you be a fan and not remember Mr. Garrett's death in the original Halloween II? I know it was dark, but it was clear it was a hammer. It was also notable because the very same year, a law enforcement figure was killed in Friday the 13th Part 2...also with a hammer to the back of the head.

There was a woman at my showing on thursday night that was afraid of everything, and people told her to shush. When the shape
Stabs that kid during the motion sensor scene before he starts chasing him
she screamed the most hilarious scream I've ever heard

There was a woman at my showing on thursday night that was afraid of everything, and people told her to shush. When the shape
Stabs that kid during the motion sensor scene before he starts chasing him
she screamed the most hilarious scream I've ever heard
At that point I just think she was doing it just to be an *******. Teenagers do that all the time.

At that point I just think she was doing it just to be an *******. Teenagers do that all the time.
It wasn't a teen surprisingly lol.

Also, here's my current ranking of all the movies.

Halloween (1978)
Halloween (2018)
Halloween H2O (I often go back and forth between this and Halloween II for this spot. I do have issues with H2O but the final act makes up for it)
Halloween II (1981)
Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Halloween 4
Halloween 6
Halloween 5
RZH
RZHII
Halloween Resurrection

I agree with that list completely GothamsKnight.

Well I'm off to see this for myself. I bought tickets to a 5:00 showing this morning and I'm actually glad that I did because it's filling up really fast. The rest of the night looks like it will be pretty much sold out at this theater too. I am very pumped and anxious to see what they have done with The Shape after all these years.

Well holy mother of hell this film was A+ horror. I loved every minute of it!

While I wasnt that excited that they ignored majority of previous continuity or characters, it was nice that we got to see an alternate Laurie and how she handled the events of Halloween compared to the Laurie who is Michaels sister.

I ended up liking just about every character they killed off and wished 1 or 2 of them had survived.

It wasn't a teen surprisingly lol.

Also, here's my current ranking of all the movies.

Halloween (1978)
Halloween (2018)
Halloween H2O (I often go back and forth between this and Halloween II for this spot. I do have issues with H2O but the final act makes up for it)
Halloween II (1981)
Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Halloween 4
Halloween 6
Halloween 5
RZH
RZHII
Halloween Resurrection

My rankings as of now, not including Halloween III keeping it to strictly Myers films. Plus I absolutely adore H3 just know that. I know my list might be interesting to some but hey, just my preference :word:

Halloween 1978
Halloween 2018
Halloween II/Halloween 4/Halloween 6 all tied in no particular order honestly
Halloween 5
Halloween H20
Halloween Ressurection
RZ Halloween
RZ Halloween II

I know they've talked about sequels but I dont see how they can really do them after the ending we got without feeling super cheap.

One thing I think they missed out on is Michael becoming sort of an urban legend/celebrity serial killer and it rubbing off on the general public. Mass marketing of his mask being a popular costume in that town would've been an interesting thing to do, especially to see how Laurie deals with it and finding the real Michael harder.

I know they've talked about sequels but I dont see how they can really do them after the ending we got without feeling super cheap.

One thing I think they missed out on is Michael becoming sort of an urban legend/celebrity serial killer and it rubbing off on the general public. Mass marketing of his mask being a popular costume in that town would've been an interesting thing to do, especially to see how Laurie deals with it and finding the real Michael harder.

They somewhat touched upon that during the one take... you can see that costumed nurse look over and stare at Michael thinking something is up, but then get distracted by her husband.

Well holy mother of hell this film was A+ horror. I loved every minute of it!

While I wasnt that excited that they ignored majority of previous continuity or characters, it was nice that we got to see an alternate Laurie and how she handled the events of Halloween compared to the Laurie who is Michaels sister.

I ended up liking just about every character they killed off and wished 1 or 2 of them had survived.

Yeah that is one thing I appreciated about this movie regarding the characters. I liked most of them. The only one I didn't care for was Alyson's boyfriend, whom we were obviously not meant to like anyway since he was a cheating *****e.

Yeah that is one thing I appreciated about this movie regarding the characters. I liked most of them. The only one I didn't care for was Alyson's boyfriend, whom we were obviously not meant to like anyway since he was a cheating *****e.
And of course
"Gets no comeuppance. "]

Also

I think the new psychiatrist might be a parody of what Loomis became in the sequels. In the sequels he seemed more senile, going around yelling how Michael is "evil!" This guy is basically that Loomis, even if his motivations are more sinister.

Definitely the best of the series since the original. From the characters to the story and its execution, everything was perfectly on point. And James Jude Courtney as the Shape? PLEASE GIVE ME MORE!

My rankings as of now, not including Halloween III keeping it to strictly Myers films. Plus I absolutely adore H3 just know that. I know my list might be interesting to some but hey, just my preference :word:

Halloween 1978
Halloween 2018
Halloween II/Halloween 4/Halloween 6 all tied in no particular order honestly
Halloween 5
Halloween H20
Halloween Ressurection
RZ Halloween
RZ Halloween II
good list bud! Halloween 3 is damn classic!

I really want to see this film a 4th time. It did everything i wanted it to do!

good list bud! Halloween 3 is damn classic!

I really want to see this film a 4th time. It did everything i wanted it to do!

Same here. This is honestly the sequel I've always wanted. Laurie's arc is explored more deeply in how she deals with the aftermath of her initial encounter with Michael, the performance from the Shape is beyond excellent and is the only one that feels anything like the original, the characters are actually likable and it even manages to wink its eye at every single movie in some way, shape or form so you get pretty much everything you could ask for.

This is the shot in the arm that the franchise has needed ever since the Shape walked off in 1978.

Saw it again earlier and
the scene with the baby always had people gasping and groaning haha
They were sure he was gonna go there.

Halloween ‘18

My Grade: 8.5/9 of out 10

The humor works and hey comedy can be extremely subjective. It’s fast and quick here.

That subplot works just fine and again quick enough. The false reveal (you know what I mean) was sorta unintentionally funny thought it’s suppose to be ‘OMG that’s nuts’. The thing that worked about this plot revelation that explains the plotpoint without explicitly mentioning it, which makes sense.

Everyone did a fantastic job and wow, this version of an older Myers was so evil. More so than the Rob Zombie version, which was suppose to the ‘Not Your Grandma’s Michael Myers’.

Man that was one hell of a movie. Definitely the second best in the series. Everyone played there part very well. I was hearing of comedy overkill in this film but honestly it was well placed and did not phase me one bit. Score was abit average but nice to hear at certain times. They took some homages from the first thats pretty damn clear but Myers was straight up relentless in this . The kill that kinda threw me off was
the kill with the woman on the phone putting down the blinds. I uttered f'eing hell when he just chucked her like a ragdoll like he was disgusted by that kill lol"

Anyway will definitely watch again 8.5/10

I’m honestly shocked at how many people didn’t like the film!
Saw it again last night. It’s definitely the best sequel IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"