The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

I was just wondering, is this the first sequel ever to carry the same title as the first film in a franchise?

Been doing a GOT rewatch and was thrown to see the guy who played Aaron as Ser Hugh in Season One.

Been doing a GOT rewatch and was thrown to see the guy who played Aaron as Ser Hugh in Season One.
No wonder he looked so familiar. The whole time I was watching him in the movie I was thinking "Where do I know him from? Is he a time traveling Kenneth Branagh or something?"

I knew him as the scumbag husband on Tom Hardy’s show Taboo.

Edit: we’re censoring s-c-u-m-b-a-g now, are you ****ing kidding me? Scumbag is not even profanity, children.

So ive never watched any Halloween movie ever but know about them and I finally saw the first one. Maybe it's cause i know about Michael Myers but it wasn't scary and didnt think it was a good movie. Had a few cool shots but honestly this new one seems really good and I'm hoping to see it since apparently it's a direct sequel to The First One.

Grabbed the official Novelization today by John Passarella can’t wait to read it.

Also was looking out for a new Halloween book that is very similar to the Crystal Lake Mamories book. It’s a great behind the scenes of the entire franchise apparently minus Halloween III unfortunately. But still for myself it is a must own. I see it’s on amazon gonna grab it.

upload_2018-12-2_18-58-32.jpeg

Grabbed the official Novelization today by John Passarella can’t wait to read it.

Also was looking out for a new Halloween book that is very similar to the Crystal Lake Mamories book. It’s a great behind the scenes of the entire franchise apparently minus Halloween III unfortunately. But still for myself it is a must own. I see it’s on amazon gonna grab it.

View attachment 16743

Would want a documentary of that like Crystal Lake Memories, but we have those docs from the limited edition box set so they'll do.

Would want a documentary of that like Crystal Lake Memories, but we have those docs from the limited edition box set so they'll do.

The doc Crystal Lake Memories is great, but the book came first and the book is just as awesome. Dunno if you’ve read it but if you’re a big horror fan/Friday fan it’s worth it. Excellent stuff.

Now that time have passed, has anyone looked back at this movie and realized things that either make you cringe, or are problems that you wish were either gone or dealt with than none at all. For example, Laurie kept saying that Michael has been waiting all this time, and waiting for her. But throughout this whole movie, Michael doesn't directly go after her; it only happens when he is literally brought to her, because of the doctor. I wish that was talked about, because it was in her head that he wanted her, but she was wrong. That would mean it wasn't one or the other, but both sides were right: Laurie was right, but her daughter and granddaughter were right about her too. Along with Laurie doing what Michael did in the first film, I wish they explored that.

Anyone else?

Still bugs me about the awkwardly placed opening credits, and how cut off the music was during it. Nothing else seems to bother me though.

I wish they'd made it clearer whether or not Michael even knows or cares who the **** she is, as opposed to her just being another random victim whose doorstep he ends up on.

I'm not convinced this "he's waited for me" isn't totally built up in Laurie's head and Michael never had a **** to give about her.

Some of the humor especially early on is awkwardly-inserted and tonally disconnected, especially with the teenagers and Allyson's annoying dad. Other than that, not much bothers me. I think it really kicks into gear from the gas station restroom scene onward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"