The Force Awakens Han Solo Will Return

The thing is that they probably wanted Rey to go to Luke ASAP, instead of having a funeral, which would drag out the later scenes. A hug is simple enough.

Actually I don't mind it. It's not done in a way where it's dismissive of his death..hence the hugging scene. It's enough.

I don't get the complaints either. With the exception of a tiny bit of celebration when they first get back, the rest of the movie to the very end is very solemn in tone. It is clear that the death of Han has hit all of the characters hard. They are all silent and withdrawn. Nobody knows what to say or do. It is the total opposite of the celebration at the end of ANH. It is much like the end of ESB. That is more reflective of a reaction to a tragic death than dialogue and discussions of his life in my experience.

i'm curious as to

how they will use Han Solo in Episode 8. i've seen the movie 3 times already and there were a couple of scenes involving Han that seemed to have been cut. wonder if we will get flashbacks to those scenes or maybe other involving Kylo, Han & Leia before Kylo turned

Flashbacks would be the only likely scenario. Likely when they retell what happened to Ben while he was training with Luke.

Flashback or hologram maybe. Han can't be a Force ghost so that's ruled out at least.

Ah... so Han will join the Dark Side... about time.
If Lei had only 50% max dark side from Anikin, which would only be 25% once transferred to Ben/Kylo, then there must have been more dark side from SOMEWHERE right? (There was a scene, I can't recall where, but it was between Leia and Han, and one of them said that Kylo has more dark in him than light. The way they said it seemed like it was somehow because of Vader being his grandfather. Or that was just an assumption.)

Yeah, it felt like a scene was missing there. This is why I think they maybe needed to just come out and SAY that Rey is Luke's daughter. Because otherwise, why would Leia hug her? It just felt odd the way it was presented.

She hugged her because Rey is HER daughter. Leia and Han hid Rey on Jakku after Ben's revolt and Luke used The Force to hide her memories from her.

She hugged her because Rey is HER daughter. Leia and Han hid Rey on Jakku after Ben's revolt and Luke used The Force to hide her memories from her.

......or she hugged her because she's her aunt.

I'm just not buying that sorry. There's no way that neither han or leia would not of said anything to each other or to Rey if she were their daughter especially now han is dead. Much more likely is that Rey is lukes daughter and he hid her on Jakku after things went sour at his temple etc...

I'm just not buying that sorry. There's no way that neither han or leia would not of said anything to each other or to Rey if she were their daughter especially now han is dead. Much more likely is that Rey is lukes daughter and he hid her on Jakku after things went sour at his temple etc...
The same could be said with Luke being her father. Why wouldn't Han and Leia say anything, even if just to each other?

"I know what I have to do, but I don't have strength to do it. Will you help me?”
\
85KzPzy.jpg

YES!
\
wqkio.gif

wqk42.gif

Last edited:
I don't get the complaints either. With the exception of a tiny bit of celebration when they first get back, the rest of the movie to the very end is very solemn in tone. It is clear that the death of Han has hit all of the characters hard. They are all silent and withdrawn. Nobody knows what to say or do. It is the total opposite of the celebration at the end of ANH. It is much like the end of ESB. That is more reflective of a reaction to a tragic death than dialogue and discussions of his life in my experience.
Second time around seeing the film I agree with you. We have Leia alone, obviously thinking about Han on her own. And we have Chewie doing the same. The good news of R2 waking up gets them out of their funk, and I'm sure we'll have Luke reacting to the news in Episode 8 as well, given his connection to both Han and Kylo.

I'm wondering when we'll get an interview with Ford about the death. I'd love to hear his thoughts on the scene and how he approached it.

A question for anybody who's read the novelization or the script - do either of them indicate anywhere that Han is actually dead? Just curious, thanks!

A question for anybody who's read the novelization or the script - do either of them indicate anywhere that Han is actually dead? Just curious, thanks!

He got stabbed through the chest, fell down a long chasm and the planet exploded after that. He's dead, Jim.

I think the movie itself made that abundantly clear.

The movie showed that he was stabbed and fell down the shaft. It didn't show a dead body or a burial.

Yeah, I know he's probably dead, but I find it interesting that they didn't retrieve the body and he wasn't buried, despite the fact that they've done big burial scenes for other main characters who've died.

Qui-Gon? Cremated. Padme? Buried after a big funeral scene. Obi-Wan? We saw him vaporize. Shmi? Dead and buried, complete with graveside service. Anakin? Big funeral pyre. No doubt that any of those characters died.

Han? Falls down a shaft, no body, no burial. Kinda inconsistent with how the series has handled other characters who are 100% for sure demised.

There was lots of time between the fall and the end of the lightsaber fights for the body to be found and retrieved. They could have shown that, so I have to wonder why they didn't.

I don't have the book or the script so I was just wondering if it says anywhere in either of those that Han is definitely dead. I'm cool if it does, I mean, he was run through and everything so he probably IS dead, but I'm just curious.

He got stabbed through the chest, fell down a long chasm and the planet exploded after that. He's dead, Jim.

But... but can you prove it? :ninja:

:oldrazz:

The movie showed that he was stabbed and fell down the shaft. It didn't show a dead body or a burial.

Yeah, I know he's probably dead, but I find it interesting that they didn't retrieve the body and he wasn't buried, despite the fact that they've done big burial scenes for other main characters who've died.

Qui-Gon? Cremated. Padme? Buried after a big funeral scene. Obi-Wan? We saw him vaporize. Shmi? Dead and buried, complete with graveside service. Anakin? Big funeral pyre. No doubt that any of those characters died.

Han? Falls down a shaft, no body, no burial. Kinda inconsistent with how the series has handled other characters who are 100% for sure demised.

There was lots of time between the fall and the end of the lightsaber fights for the body to be found and retrieved. They could have shown that, so I have to wonder why they didn't.

I don't have the book or the script so I was just wondering if it says anywhere in either of those that Han is definitely dead. I'm cool if it does, I mean, he was run through and everything so he probably IS dead, but I'm just curious.

He's dead. He's dead, the Emperor's dead, they're dead. Who was going to retrieve the body anyway? Rey, Kylo, Chewbacca and Finn were busy and the Stormtroopers wouldn't care. Let's say he survived the lightsaber through his chest. He's still going to die from that fall. Let's say he survived that. He's still going to die from the planet exploding.

Last edited:
[Who was going to retrieve the body anyway?
Heck, I dunno - other Resistance fighters who are running around the base? They could have found some way to explain it. That shaft led somewhere. If they'd wanted to do a big funeral scene for Han, they could've found some way to get the body. Maybe Han could have just collapsed on the catwalk and not fallen at all. Then Chewie could have scooped up Han's body before running out.

All this speculation will go right out the window if the book or the script state that Han's dead, of course. :) And I have absolutely no problem with Han being dead, I'm just curious about what the printed material says.

I just found the way they seemed to studiously avoid showing a body or a burial sort of weird, considering the series seems to really like big funeral scenes.

ETA: I found a PDF of the script. It references Han's 'last moment' and refers to his 'life slipping away' but avoids overtly saying anywhere that he's dead. *shrugs*

Last edited:

The planet exploded. There’s nothing left to bury.

Chewie set off the detonators seconds after he was killed. There was no time to go and get him. They needed to escape the base.

He’s dead. It breaks my heart, but he’s gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"