Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The music with the tornado scene alone should be great. I can't even imagine what we'll get when supes and zod are throwing down.

Nolan/Goyer Script
WETA SFX
Snyder Direction and Visuals
Zimmer Score
All Star Cast

so excited!!!!
yup, I am super excited. My wish is to see a throw down in Metropolis with major damage done.

I'm hoping for a throw down in Metropolis as well. I enjoyed Thor but having another small town fight being the climax or the "major" battle in the movie would be such a giant let down.

Hope that's not the case with MOS.

This is great news. I approve. :up:

I'm hoping zimmer is involved with this more because he has some good ideas for it, rather than it just being a favor for a friend.

I'm hoping for a throw down in Metropolis as well. I enjoyed Thor but having another small town fight being the climax or the "major" battle in the movie would be such a giant let down.

Agreed; I honestly don’t think that’ll be the case here since:

• I think it was said somewhere that they were intentionally holding back on the scale of the Earth battles due to “The Avengers”.

• Given on how “the lack of action” in SR was one of its biggest complaints, I don’t think anyone with a sane brain that’s involved with MOS would want to repeat that mistake.lol

And I can understand why some would feel hesitant about not wanting to use Zimmer for this project, but I can’t help but be excited for what he may bring to the table if pushed in the right direction especially. The chants that he made for Bane in TDKR are one of my favorite pieces to hear; one could only imaging as to what he may do for Zod’s theme, let alone the fighting sequences.

And his work again on “The Last Samurai” and “Pearl Harbor” were some of my favorite set pieces period.lol So at least we know that he’s capable of making some quiet/intimate moving pieces as well.

I'm sure he'll do fine, but it's a shame they couldn't get Steve Jablonsky to do it. It was like a natural fit for him after the Transformers score.

[YT]4H0JDomv8ac[/YT]

[YT]WEL5atUKRZQ[/YT]

Last edited:
I'm hoping for a throw down in Metropolis as well. As much as I liked Thor having another small town fight being the climax or the "major" battle in the movie would be such a giant let down.

Me too. From the beginning i've had an image of what I want to see.

maybe a newscrew is filming the fight from the air in a copter.
the camera zooms in on two beings that are hovering a thousand feet up, its supes and zod, and both are breathing hard while staring each other down. their suits are damaged and burned from heatvison blasts.
Both have bruises and cuts to their faces.
The camera zooms out and pans around. we see skyscrapers off in the distance with the tops knocked off, while others are smoking. down below still more buildings are burning, we even see craters scattered here and there that are a hundred feet across...

Ehh. I like him, just wish it was someone else. This just feels like WB trying to attract fans of Nolans. When I think Superman, I think heroic music. When I think heroic music, I do NOT think Zimmer. But, we'll see. I could be completely wrong and Zimmer could deliver an excellent score. Only time will tell.

FFS! NO!

Look I don't mind Zimmer he did one of my favourite film Scores ever "Broken Arrow"

I think stuff like this for Fortress of Solitude:

1:41 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0X8oKr6Hso

That's fine

But please can they keep the main bit of John Williams score? Maybe put a Hanz Zimmer twist on it that would be cool!

But dont create a new one completely from scratch because UNLESS it sounds powerful and Magically Superheroic forget it!

This si Superman, he should own ever other Superhero film on screen!

Ehh. I like him, just wish it was someone else. This just feels like WB trying to attract fans of Nolans. When I think Superman, I think heroic music. When I think heroic music, I do NOT think Zimmer. But, we'll see. I could be completely wrong and Zimmer could deliver an excellent score. Only time will tell.

pirates of the caribbean isn't heroic?

FFS! NO!

Look I don't mind Zimmer he did one of my favourite film Scores ever "Broken Arrow"

That's fine

But please can they keep the main bit of John Williams score? Maybe put a Hanz Zimmer twist on it that would be cool!

But dont create a new one completely from scratch because UNLESS it sounds powerful and Magically Superheroic forget it!

NO PLease NO

we need to get away from williams theme as far as possible we dont need some williams remix theme

returns did that

look how elfman's batman theme would feel out of place in begins or TDK due to the tone and era

same here williams theme remixed or not will feel out of place in snyder's more gritty modern take

No, the worst thing they can do is bring up the main theme from Williams score. As much as I love Williams Superman theme, It's time to get something new and not look back to reminiscence like with Superman Returns.

FFS! NO!

That's fine

no thanks. If he alludes to it for like 10 seconds like he did for elfman's theme in Dark Knight then i'm ok with that.

Definitely no to keeping the majority of Williams score. Yes, it's one of the most iconic pieces of music in cinema but for that reason alone it's time to move on and try creating something new that encapsulates Superman just as much.

Like Boosted mentioned I wouldn't mind a a few seconds of allusions from the past score as Zimmer has done with Nolan's Batman films but nothing more than that.

More like Nolan making the decisions.

It's pretty obvious the old theme is gone....

As great as Williams score was we need to distance from it. I mean if I remember correctly the score from Burton's movies weren't reused in Nolan's trilogy right? At least not the main theme.

Definitely no to keeping the majority of Williams score. Yes, it's one of the most iconic pieces of music in cinema but for that reason alone it's time to move on and try creating something new that encapsulates Superman just as much.

Like Boosted mentioned I wouldn't mind a a few seconds of allusions from the past score as Zimmer has done with Nolan's Batman films but nothing more than that.

what part did zimmer allude to elfman in TDK music?

very curious, never heard it

As great as Williams score was we need to distance from it. I mean if I remember correctly the score from Burton's movies weren't reused in Nolan's trilogy right? At least not the main theme.
There were snippets of the Elfman score that are alluded to throughout certain tracks. Specifically TDK's "I'm not a hero".

But for the most part they're completely original.

pretty subtle

sounds like he uses the notes of the elfman theme in the beginning, but to a different rythym

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"