Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very psyched to hear what Zimmer has come up with, I really hope he uses something similar to his Backdraft work.

My favourite Zimmer score though is Inception.

Same here. I also loved his score of the Thin Red Line.

Anybody seen the scientific documentary Through The Wormhole? Zimmer did the theme and I guess it has a very spacy Superman'esque vibe to it. It's fairly good. Starts at 00.29 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7olw77aU0o

That's the example you chose? :)

Hasn't Crimson Tide been mentioned?

[YT]QYe4dSunbs8[/YT]

Or Call of Duty?

[YT]PtMZsBpMNwE[/YT]

Given they're both a bit ominous and militaristic. But if Superman's going to be more of a fighter in this film, maybe a little Zimmer military patriotism could be quite the refreshing seasoning.

Still, Shore would have been boss.

Last edited:
Some news on the score

Junkie XL working on Man if Steel soundtrack

Tom Holkenborg, best known by his professional name "Junkie XL", spoke with MusicRadar.com about his new album, but also revealed that in recent years he's been working alongside Hans Zimmer on the musical scores for films such as "Megamind", "Inception", "The Dark Knight Rises", and, yes, "Man of Steel".

"My studio is half software based and half hardware. I've got something like 10 guitars, a bunch of amps, a drum kit, bass guitars, a modular synth and a bunch of outboard synths - and, of course, all the software programs. Just yesterday, I got the Moog Voyager XL in, which is their flagship synthesizer. You just flick through the sounds, and immediately it kicks off so many ideas of what you can do.

"With the soundtrack work that I do, it's different. I've been working with Han Zimmer on a number of films - we're working on Man Of Steel at the moment - and I find that you approach things from the other side. Yes, sound is important in the initial process to write a theme or something, but eventually, once it's done and you have to work on the scene, it's not a part of the creative process."

Source: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=12181
Full interview: http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech...teaching-and-his-new-album-synthesized-566844

Was just going to post this. I've never heard of him but I'm listening to his stuff on youtube as I'm typing this... Interesting to say the least. With a mix of Zimmer it could be cool for a new age and krypton sound. I'm not going to pre judge until I hear what is actually in the movie. I honestly wanted 100% orchestra though. But hey... it's Snyder and I kinda figured this would be a part of the package.

Listening to the Inception (junkie xl remix) ...

Interesting...

*this thread just might blow up.

Yeah lol sorry I did t really make that clear

I just wonder what they'll do with the MOS score

The specific "hero" score in the movie? I don't have a good guess but this xl guy I think will be for villain or Kryptonian scenes.

The specific "hero" score in the movie? I don't have a good guess but this xl guy I think will be for villain or Kryptonian scenes.

Maybe yeah could definitely see that

A8NAbxICcAAx_L0.jpg

https://twitter.com/Junkie_XL/status/271131248351670272

Junkie_XL made some of the remixes for TDKR soundtrack. Interesting to see him involved in MOS although it isn't that big of a surprise as he has a great relationship with both Zimmer and Nolan.

Sort of sounds like he's more involved in the actual films score this go around then again maybe he also advised a bit during TDKR and Inception when he provided the soundtrack with remixes. It'd be great if someone could get an interview with Junkie and ask him the specifics of his relationship with the soundtracks for these films other than the usual remixes he provides.

Junkie_XL is interesting...but I was hoping to see Steve Jablonsky in that photo. :csad:

Do you guys think there's a chance of hearing snippets of the new superman main theme in the upcoming trailer??? If he's even started working on it yet, lol.

Last edited:
Do you guys think there's a chance of hearing snippets of the new superman main theme in the upcoming trailer??? If he's even started working on it yet, lol.

They're so secretive I wouldnt get my hopes up but I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did. Butyeah, Zimmer has started on it a while back.

They're so secretive I wouldnt get my hopes up but I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did. Butyeah, Zimmer has started on it a while back.

Hmm... I wonder if we could even tell IF the new main supeman-theme was used for parts in the new trailer. I doubt it though.

Hmm... I wonder if we could even tell IF the new main supeman-theme was used for parts in the new trailer. I doubt it though.

You don't think we'll be able to distinguish the new theme and other music used? Like other samples? Or like we wouldnt be able to tell it apart from the other music used in the film for the trailer? Either way would that would be sad. That would basically mean that there isn't a theme at all.

I think they will just to get the fans hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"