Heinz 57.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow those guys where really angery about the soul glo thread I guess :huh:

I'm confused. What does Catsup have to do with anything?

My father's parents were from Italy and my mothers grandparents were from Ireland.
So while I am white...I am multicultural. I think it's more interesting to be that way (for me). My work enviroment is made from people from all over the world. If I learn something different and I like it, I adapt it and make it my own.

I use words like hiz-ouse, I bow to people (not everyone, just those I respect), since I moved to Florida "ya'll" has somehow gotten into my vocabulary...I could list more but just wanted to give an idea.

I'm from Jersey so I still say hoagie. Wasnt allowed to take a language becuase of being poor in math...

...so now I speak: English, Spanish, Italian, French, Korean, Japanese, and Urdu
(ok my Spanish is about 60% so I'm not fluent...yet.Italian & French a fair amount, can hold a small conversation. Korean, a few words and phareses. Japanese a few words. And Urdo a few words and phareses)

So F you education system!!! Just becuase my math skills sucked (and still do) doesn't mean can't learn a language!

I moved to Vermont a few months ago (my family has a home there) I thought I wanted to saty but I came bnack to Florida a month later. After here for 7 years being around all these people...I fleet so odd and out of place being surrounded by nothing but white people.

I guess for me personally...I can be whatever I want to be.

i personally think it's a very backwards thing for anyone to want to voluntarily segregate themselves from others of different color after so much work has been done over the years to bring all human beings to an equal status.

I think the anger goes back to when the "White & Delightsome Lounge" thread was made as a parody of the "Soul GLO Lounge" some time ago, along with a few others. In the end, all threads except Soul GLO were closed down. Not for any racial reasons, mind you, but because Soul GLO was the only thread that wasn't packed with jackasses who thought they were being witty and clever. In truth, Soul GLO was the only thread created for serious discussion.

If Heinz 57 was made for serious discussion, then that's just fine. I still want to talk about the White Stripes, if anyone's interested. However, if Heinz 57 was made just to take a piss at the Soul GLO thread, then don't be surprised if this thread degenerates into a hellhole within the first 10 pages, and gets closed.

PS i equate talking about "white culture" to watching mold grow on a warm glass of orange juice.

DO NOT WANT.

I think the anger goes back to when the "White & Delightsome Lounge" thread was made as a parody of the "Soul GLO Lounge" some time ago, along with a few others. In the end, all threads except Soul GLO were closed down. Not for any racial reasons, mind you, but because Soul GLO was the only thread that wasn't packed with jackasses who thought they were being witty and clever. In truth, Soul GLO was the only thread created for serious discussion.

If Heinz 57 was made for serious discussion, then that's just fine. I still want to talk about the White Stripes, if anyone's interested. However, if Heinz 57 was made just to take a piss at the Soul GLO thread, then don't be surprised if this thread degenerates into a hellhole within the first 10 pages, and gets closed.

i thought the hype lounges were for random, insightful discussions? :huh:

i thought the hype lounges were for random, insightful discussions? :huh:
The "White & Delightsome Lounge" was created specifically to take a piss at the Soul Glo Lounge (later renamed Experience). If that wasn't what it was created for, that's certainly what it turned into. Nigh-immediately.

i wasn't defending the "white & delightsome lounge", i was pointing out that all of these race specific lounges seem to be a bit extraneous, at least to me.

I'm white and there's no such thing as white culture. There's black culture, there's Asian culture, etc, but there is not a white culture.

see, if you believe in culture defined by skin colour, thats just not true.

No black man worth his salt would claim to have anything to do with Morris dancing[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZjLATAUwao&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZjLATAUwao&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YT]

and if you cant see that , look at youtube

I loved that "hello dave guy" in league of gentleman

Are you LocaL?
This is a Local Shop in a decent Town
there's nothing for you here

lol I have series one of that on dvd. I love it. So dam funny! Almost p-d my pants when animals started disappearing, then that dude had a "circus" in the rotary. Haven't watched it in years. What ever happened with the new road?

I loved that "hello dave guy" in league of gentleman

Papa Lazarou. the only time I can think of when someone has got away with wearing black face in recent years

as for new road, the third series they did was quite complex. every episode followed a specific character to a climactic scene, which was the same climax in each episode, ie all of the episodes finished at exactly the same point and place.

as for new road, the third series they did was quite complex. every episode followed a specific character to a climactic scene, which was the same climax in each episode, ie all of the episodes finished at exactly the same point and place.

Thats AWESOME!!! I love that. Like in the movie Go. Seeing the same story from differant viewpoints kinda thing...did it on Smallville one episode.

I'm gonna have to go to Virgin Megastore to see if I can find series 2 & 3 (how many are there?)

U'know:

If the five angry white folk didn't come onto the slo glo thread and COMPLAINED that it was unfair that such a thread existed but the white and asian Equiv wasn't "allowed" You would have a case.

People talked to the Mods (including self) and the Mods agreed to allow that sort of thread to be made again.

YOU as an individual don't need this thread,.... but based on the mess that happened today,... THERE ARE WHITES OUTSIDE OF YOURSELF who DO.

Now,.... If you need to argue the point you really are typing to the wrong person,.. I can see the need from the outside looking in - The Slo Glo thread is MOSTLY an ongoing convo about ANYTHING you want,... nobody whining about the thread being off topic.

Here you have a brand spanking new GENERAL THREAD w/o boundaries as long as you don't get vicious,... and you don't want it.

Oh well.

V.:dry:

But the thing about "white culture" is, it is already the pre-dominant culture. It is discussed in a daily basis without even realizing it. Absolutely everything you mentioned in your original post hasn't been discussed on this board before in various other threads. That is why this thread is pointless.

Papa Lazarou. the only time I can think of when someone has got away with wearing black face in recent years

I never saw the movie is it any good?

The other time someone did a funny black face was that guy from mighty boosh in the jazz episode.

Thats AWESOME!!! I love that. Like in the movie Go. Seeing the same story from differant viewpoints kinda thing...did it on Smallville one episode.

I'm gonna have to go to Virgin Megastore to see if I can find series 2 & 3 (how many are there?)

3 series, one xmas special, and one movie (which was kinda ok, some great moments, but generally a bit flat)

I love the show. that kinda grotesque character show is something the british are excellent at.

One of my friends is a guy called dave. when he got married, i organised a whip round to see if we could bribe his wife to say "You're my wife now, daaaave" when the vicar finished. sadly, she wouldnt

I am liking this...colour not an issue of course but a nice alternative to the Soul Glo place.

Why Heinz 57?

Still don't get it.

"The Phenom of the Heinz 57 nature of the Variety that makes up the group you could call white."

:huh:

Its a term for people of mixed lineage. I think the OP was making a reference to white people being commonly a mix of a lot of European descents.

Like logansoldcigar said, Heinz's '57 varieties' that they brag about on the bottle has been used to describe people of many race origins.

heinz. 57 varieties of soup or whatever. more than one ingredient

Its a term for people of mixed lineage. I think the OP was making a reference to white people being commonly a mix of a lot of European descents.

Like logansoldcigar said, Heinz's '57 varieties' that they brag about on the bottle has been used to describe people of many race origins.

OK thanks for the clarity :)

Wow those guys where really angry about the soul glo thread I guess :huh:

yes,... a few were so hot that I and a coupla others WENT TO THE MODS and asked them to allow the creation of a thread like Slow Glo for white people.

The general attitude from the Mods was that it wouldn't last long because previous incarnations quickly became racial or were based at taking a stab at something racial in a negative way.

But,.. they allowed it and I started the thread as a mirrior of the Slo Glo Experience and I have been defending the right for it to be here FROM WHITE PEOPLE ever since.

Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"