Heinz 57.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat on topic:

I'm Mildly surprised that people can come on here and say that "whites have no culture."

definition of Culture is -
" Culture is a shared, learned, symbolic system of values, beliefs and attitudes that shapes and influences perception and behavior -- an abstract mental blueprint or mental code. " eou.edu

or

" Culture is the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations. " Marriam Webster Dictionary

Based on the above,... Whites have a culture.

V.

Somewhat on topic:

I'm Mildly surprised that people can come on here and say that "whites have no culture."

definition of Culture is -
" Culture is a shared, learned, symbolic system of values, beliefs and attitudes that shapes and influences perception and behavior -- an abstract mental blueprint or mental code. " eou.edu

or

" Culture is the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations. " Marriam Webster Dictionary

Based on the above,... Whites have a culture.

V.
But white culture is pretty vague. Are you talking white American culture which is not much different from black American culture? Or do you mean white as in European culture? Because Irishmen and Germans and Italians and French are all white, and yet, have remarkably different cultures.

Nascar, Wonder Bread, and the comedy stylings of Gallagher.

They also have monthly meetings on how to keep the Blacks down.

I'm allowed to attend because of my white status but because I'm mixed, I'm only allowed to wait tables.

Nascar, Wonder Bread, and the comedy stylings of Gallagher.

They also have monthly meetings on how to keep the Blacks down.

I'm allowed to attend because of my white status but because I'm mixed, I'm only allowed to wait tables.

I'm from britian so I have never heard of any of those things except Nascar which Will Farrell said was racing for people with short attention spans because they just go in circles all the time.

Ah, but take Asian Culture, where there are vast differences between Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Korean cultures and traditions.

Same thing with the Soul-Glo thread, do you think Africans, are the same as people from Belize or the Carribean?

But white culture is pretty vague. Are you talking white American culture which is not much different from black American culture? Or do you mean white as in European culture? Because Irishmen and Germans and Italians and French are all white, and yet, have remarkably different cultures.

Definetly not going to "try" to define "White" Culture outside of saying that there is "more than one".

Using what I think I do know:
Black American Culture is Subdivided Based on current orig and social status.
Our "cultures" are fluid,... and large parts of them have been adopted by parts of what I could call "white culture".

By Fluid,.. I mean from the inside looking out,... we keep redifining ourselves looking for a "good fit".
:word:

What IS "White enough"? :huh:

Oh, and another thing.....I HATE mayonnaise. It's the devil! :cmad:

jag

thats just wrong on so many levels

Mayo with chips/fries is glorious.

really we live in a multicultral society so its possible for many cultures to over lap. There are few things that are only culturally relevant to one race alone.
just look at some of those tasty cuisine fusion restaurants

thats just wrong on so many levels

Mayo with chips/fries is glorious.

No! :cmad:

Oh snaps. Jag might just be black after all! :eek:

I grew up around a lot of Latinos and some of my closer friends were black, in addition to all the crackers that were also good friends. Hell, I'm married to a Latino woman. I'm not your typical white boy. :hyper:

Deja Vu from "White and Delightsome" thread

I'm bringing good taste back. :up:

jag

attachment.php

Cinema
Possible Topics For Discussion:
Angelina Joile,.. Pregnant again?
How important is it to keep super heroes white in movies?
When do you retire as a Action Movie Star?
Are white Actors being chosen for roles more for "star power" than whether they fit the role?

i wish to stale fail on three accounts...

1. you should have aleast chosen and iconic movie poster, and i don;t care if it's got something to do withthe questions, iconic movie posters are just what one expects
2. white thread, oh dear god...
3. you're suggested topics suck...:dry:

Some points are valid.....like keeping some superheros white....

Just for canon purposes of course.

MM is green skin...but people only care about black and white really.

i wish to stale fail on three accounts...

1. you should have aleast chosen and iconic movie poster, and i don;t care if it's got something to do withthe questions, iconic movie posters are just what one expects
2. white thread, oh dear god...
3. you're suggested topics suck...:dry:

???

Okay.

1. This thread is not in Stone - feel free to restart it and ask for a merge.

2. Calm down,.. this is an "Equal time" thread.

3. Suggest topics that interest you then,... don't just state the obvious in your opinion.

Peace.

What IS "White enough"? :huh:

Oh, and another thing.....I HATE mayonnaise. It's the devil! :cmad:

jag

That makes no sense. You are white, but dont like NASCAR and mayo??? What next, you dont like country????

Wow, Varient this is a new low for you.

That makes no sense. You are white, but dont like NASCAR and mayo??? What next, you dont like country????

I'm white...the best kind of white...albino....

Just kidding...Nascar - no, Mayo - yes.

Country - yes/no

You cant say you are white if you are not albino.....just a fact...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"