Daredevil Hell's Kitchen Easter Egg Hunt

The most subtle cameo yet, from the final episode.

Zm9d6LM.png

Well spotted. It had completely slipped my mind that we hadn't seen him beforehand.

I don't know if it's an easter egg or just a coincidence but one of the fight promo posters in episode 2 had a fighter named Barton on it.

Also

1)
lWxSSfh.jpg

2) I don't watch Agents of Shield so I can't confirm this but apparently Matt and Skye grew up in the same orphanage, St Agnes.

3)
original.jpg

The Sniper from the episode where DD had Vlad in that abandoned building had a playing card in his bag, almost certainly a Bullseye reference.

Last edited:
Episode 5 "World on Fire"

Vanessa: I once met a man in a white suit and ascot
Fisk: Ascot? That sounds ridiculous.

They were cool little nods. That and the poster. I don't think they'll ever have him suit up, but the nods are great.

Why not? A crazy guy in a suit of and much more grounded than ninja cults, and we've already seen that Melvin can fight. He almost beat Daredevil to a stand still without the help of any crazy gadgets. I have no doubt that they're setting him up as Gladiator for future seasons.

It may be a stretch but did they imply who his mother is??
Yep. Stick asked the nun at the orphanage if both his parents were dead, and the nun kind of gave a "not exactly..." kind of answer

Episode 5 "World on Fire"

Vanessa: I once met a man in a white suit and ascot
Fisk: Ascot? That sounds ridiculous.

What is an Ascot? To Brits it's a racecourse.

Oh I dunno, I just assumed a prison in marvel that was used for supervillains would be a made up one.

Just to clarify, it's not made up. It's real (which is why it's also referenced in Law and Order, where the only superhero is Jack McCoy).

Good spots on the Easter Eggs. I completely missed Stan Lee and Stiltman.

So, he said his name was Mike ?

Well done , Marvel Studios

EDIT: Mister J mentioned it in Page 1

OhKaren3Pic3.png

Last edited:
I'm about to start reading the original Stan Lee Daredevil (the scenes between Karen and Foggy inspired me to do so), but I'm dreading when I reach my namesake there. I just don't know if I'll be able to get through it.

Not sure if anyone's said this, since I don't feel like reading all of these posts so far, but when Matt fights Melvin in his workshop, Melvin throws a metal disk, similar to what Gladiator uses in the comics. As well as that, in the final episode when Matt and Foggy are talking in the gym/boxing area, there is a poster reading "O'brien" possibly a reference to Glori O'brien, who most notably appeared in the Born Again storyline.

I'm about to start reading the original Stan Lee Daredevil (the scenes between Karen and Foggy inspired me to do so), but I'm dreading when I reach my namesake there. I just don't know if I'll be able to get through it.

Haha. I thought Mike was actually a funny idea, in the comics at least, but I wouldn't wanna see him in live-action.

Does DD being represented by the Jack of Hearts on Urich's board have any meaning to it?

Not that I can think of other than that it kinda looks like him once you sharpie a mask on.

Here's some more from den of geek

[*]- Matt is nine years old here. In most versions of the story in the comics, Matt was a teenager (15 if you ask Frank Miller and friends). I suppose it's not that important, but you came here looking for weird trivia, right? There you go.

[*]- The priest who Matt is confessing to is referred to as “Father Lantom” in the press materials. He's a character who has appeared in The Runaways comics, and who has connections to Cloak and Dagger. He's not a major player, or even a supporting one, but it's pretty cool that they at least named him after a name who has been around in Marvel Comics. By the way, The Runaways should totally be Marvel's next TV series.

[*]- The main bad guy in the pier fight is Turk Barrett. Turk is a small-timer who has been hanging around the Daredevil world since Daredevil #69 back in 1970. He even showed up in The Trial of the Incredible Hulk TV movie (Daredevil's first foray into live-action), and the director’s cut of the Daredevilmovie (where he was played by Coolio). Basically, as far as non-super villains go, he's got an impressive pedigree. I guess.

[*]- The fight on the pier (including Turk) is mighty similar to events that took place in Daredevil#159 (which came out in 1979). That little skirmish didn't involve human trafficking, but it did involve Turk Barrett getting his ass kicked by Daredevil, as well as DD knocking a bullet away with his billy club. It was also the second issue of Frank Miller's legendary run as Daredevilartist.

[*]- “The incident” that people keep referring to, the one that makes the MCU Hell's Kitchen a crime-ridden, run-down area (as opposed to the ridiculous rich person haven it is in the real world), is the big battle in The Avengers. It's a nice touch, indicating that the property damage and general chaos of that movie's climax had lasting consequences that couldn't be explored in the main films.

[*]- Wesley is another one of those non-super supervillain types who has been around the Daredevil block. He made his first appearance in Daredevil#227 (1986), by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli, as part of the incredible Daredevil: Born Again story. Basically, if you want to know what Daredevil season 3 or 4 should be, just go read Born Again.

[*]- The "Mr. Rigoletto" Wesley refers to is Kingpin’s predecessor in the comics, as well. Three guesses about how Kingpin came to power. Here's a hint: Mr. Rigoletto didn't retire to Florida. There was another, even earlier, "Kingpin," as well...but I'd be surprised if they ever mention him on this show.

[*]- Foggy's line about how “if there's a stunning woman with questionable character” around, Matt Murdock will end up with her is pretty much true of all of his major love interests. Matt loved the crazy (and doomed) Elektra (who I imagine we'll meet in Daredevilseason 2), Black Widow (it would be great if they can hint that Matt has dated Natasha at some point), and a slew of other ladies with some issues. Sadly, this includes Karen Page, who is not nearly as innocent as Deborah Ann Woll makes her out to be in these early episodes.

[*]- The meeting of nasty baddies includes Leland Owsley (played by Bob Gunton). He's the crotchety dude with the glasses (who has his back turned to us in the above photo). Owsley is known to comic fans as The Owl, but I don't think we're going to see him make the jump to proper supervillainy any time soon.

[*]- Mr. Nobu is probably a reference to Kagenobu Yoshioka, the man credited with founding Marvel Comics' favorite ninja clan The Hand back in the 16th century. More on that later...

[*]- By the way, in the opening credits of every single episode, they prominently thank both Stan Lee and Bill Everett. I know everybody always makes a fuss over Stan Lee, but he only co-created these characters and never actually drew a single panel. It's nice to see Marvel prominently acknowledging Bill Everett, who not only co-created Daredevil, but also created Namor, the Sub-Mariner. He's one of the great artists of the early eras of comics. (Thanks to DoGwriter Marc Buxton for keeping me honest)

[*]Episode 2 "Cut Man"

[*]- Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson) is basically Night Nurse, the character that NYC based Marvel superheroes go visit to get patched up when they get into scrapes. Consider this episode to be "the secret origin of Night Nurse" or something.

[*]- In the comics, Claire's ex-husband is Luke Cage. Luke Cage is getting his own Netflix series in 2016. She also refers to an ex named "Mike" who was good at keeping secrets. I haven't had time to go through my Marvel superhero alter ego directory to speculate on who this could be, but it does open up another fun bit...but Nathan down in the comments pointed out that it could be Mike Petersen, Deathlok's alter ego on Agents of SHIELD.

[*]- Claire keeps referring to Matt as "Mike" because she doesn't know his real name. Well, "Mike Murdock" comes from a particularly weird bit of Daredevil history when Matt had to pose as his own (not blind) twin brother in order to throw off suspicion that he's actually Daredevil. It's pretty bonkers.

[*]Now, here's the really crazy part: what if Matt actually IS Claire's ex-boyfriend Mike?

[*]Nah...they wouldn't do that. Would they?

[*]- Foggy and Karen go and get loaded at Josie's, a fictional Hell's Kitchen bar that has been making Marvel Comics appearances in the pages of Daredevilsince at least the late '70s. There aren't many (any?) dives like Josie's left in the real Hell's Kitchen, but if you want to go a few blocks south of that neighborhood, find yourself a place called Billymark's West to get some of the real old NYC flavor, enjoy their awesome jukebox, and get hammered on the cheap.

[*]- The snappily dressed Irish gentleman at Fogwell's Gym is Roscoe Sweeney. But because it was never enough for a gangster to just be a *****ebag gangster in the Silver Age Marvel Universe, he had the supervillainous name of "The Fixer." Because, y'know, he fixes fights. And he fixes palookas who are too dumb to lay down when they're told. Look, subtlety was never Stan Lee's strong suit, okay?

[*]I don't know who his flunky is supposed to be. Do I hear them call him "Silk?"

[*]- "Crusher" Creel is the guy that "The Fixer" wants to "fix" Jack Murdock up with in the ring. Creel recently showed up on a (rather good) episode of Agents of SHIELD as the supervillain, the Absorbing Man. Why do they call him the Absorbing Man? We wrote a whole article explaining exactly that. You can probably figure it out, but it's a good read anyway.

[*]- By the way, you see the hideous red and yellow Daredevil costume in that Fixer panel up above? Well, that color scheme shows up on Battlin' Jack Murdock's fight gear:

[*]- This has nothing to do with anything comic book-y or easter egg-y, but holy moley...the fight scene at the end of this episode. Is this or is this not the greatest piece of superhero fight choreography ever put on film?

[*]- Marc Buxton points out that there's a deck of cards in Jack's medical kit (in fact, playing cards show up an awful lot in this show). Daredevil arch-enemy Bullseye loves using playing cards as a weapon. Just throwing it out there, so to speak.
[*]Now, let's head to episode three...

[*]Episode 3 "Rabbit in a Snowstorm"

[*]- I believe the church that Matt frequents is St. Agnes. At the very least, I've heard St. Agnes mentioned elsewhere on Daredevil(I will clarify this on repeated viewings). Regardless, St. Agnes is a connection to Agents of SHIELD. That’s the orphanage where Agent Skye grew up before the writers realized that the entire TV watching public hated her and decided to make her into an Inhuman and pretend that was the plan all along.

[*]- Father Lantom sure seems like he wants to tell Matt something, doesn't he? That's probably because he knows what happened to Matt's mother, who might be a nun at that very church.

[*]- The New York Bulletin is a tragedy, really. This really should be The Daily Bugle, as that's the paper that Ben Urich worked for in the comics. Alas, the state of the Sony/Marvel situation was not as friendly during Daredevilfilming as it is now.

[*]- Oh, yes. Ben Urich (Vondie Curtis-Hall) is a pretty crucial piece of Daredevil (and Marvel in general) mythology. Joe Pantoliano did a sterling job as Ben Urich in the Daredevilmovie that most of you are trying to forget.

[*]Episode 4 "In the Blood"

[*]- Yes, we're still talking about Ben Urich. He makes reference to looking into Karen Page's "past activities." Well, needless to say, those "past activities" aren't very nice. Ms. Page's past could become a driving force in later episodes or seasons. She has struggled with drug addiction and a side career in adult films. If this show ever gets to one of the greatest Daredevil stories ever told, Born Again, then her past will figure in prominently.

[*]- The art gallery curator is the future Vanessa Fisk. Love at first sight doesn't just happen in comic books, folks...it happens on TV, too!

[*]- After Wilson Fisk goes all Kingpin on that poor Russian fella, he asks Wesley to contact "Mr. Potter" about getting him a new suit. Mr. Potter is Melvin Potter, who at some point becomes the supervillain known as Gladiator. We've got lots more on him in a minute...

[*]Episode 5 "World on Fire"

[*]- The "billionaire playboys" Claire is always hearing about is certainly a Tony Stark joke, but we all know Matt has more in common (psychologically) with Bruce Wayne. Wait...wrong universe.

[*]- This episode features as good an explanation of Daredevil's "radar sense" as we're ever going to get. Kind of a cool representation of how it looks, too. It's amazing that they took five episodes to get us here.

[*]- The printer is malfunctioning because Ultron has taken it over. That's a joke and completely untrue.

[*]- Karen sure seems rattled when they point out that she's fluent in Spanish, doesn't she? Almost like she's hiding something in her past...she is.

[*]- There's a poster that Matt sits next to in the police station: "You don't have to reveal your identity to stop violent crime." Yeah, well, the events of Captain America: Civil War will say differently.

[*]- So, when Vanessa tells Wilson over dinner about how a guy in a white suit and an ascot seduced her? Yeah, well...it eventually has an effect on Willie's fashion sense

Last edited:
[*]Episode 6 "Condemned"

[*]- We're seeing some widespread police corruption in this show. It's more than corruption, really. These cops are sick bastards. Marvel has the rights to do the Punisher, and Daredevil showrunner Steven DeKnight has said he'd like to take a crack at him. If that's the case, rather than make Frank Castle a military vet, they could easily go with the "Ultimate Punisher" origin story, which depicted Frank as a Serpico-like honest cop who finds his family targeted for not playing ball.

[*]- WHIH shows up to cover the carnage in Hell's Kitchen, and they're a fictional news organization we've seen before in Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Agents of SHIELD. They're national news (although the series has local news coverage from real-life New York station NY1 peppered throughout), which means word is getting out about Hell's Kitchen.

[*]- Unfortunately, we get the old "villain tells the hero we're so much alike" monologue here. It's something that's been done to death, most notably in Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man movie.

[*]- Is it possible that the faceless sniper working for Wilson Fisk who pops Detective Blake is Daredevil arch-foe, Bullseye? This would be a pretty cool, low-key way to bring Bullseye into the Marvel Cinematc Universe, though.

[*]- Foggy's line about "guys with a mask have something to hide" is some J. Jonah Jameson style Spider-Man logic. Let's remember this when Spidey joins the Marvel Cinematic Universe next year!

[*]Episode 7 "Stick"

[*]- The angry blind guy with the sword is Stick (Scott Glenn). Stick has been hanging around the Marvel Universe since Daredevil#176 (1981), and he was created by Frank Miller. For now, all you need to know is that he's the guy who taught blind Matt Murdock how to be a ridiculous badass, and he's got enhanced senses like Daredevil's. He also trained another crucial player in Matt's life.

[*]By the way, if you think Stick is a dick here, he's considerably nicer and generally less abusive than he is in the comics.

[*]- This episode also gives us our first public reference to Matt's nocturnal activities as something Devil-ish. It's fitting that his name comes from the New York news media, of course, rather than something Matt dredges up from the depths of his own Catholic guilt.

[*]- By the way, Matt Murdock is totally right about the New York Mets bullpen. It's been bad news for years (and it's looking shaky this year, too). I'd like to believe Daredevil is a Mets fan, since he's all about the underdog. Fun fact, though...Spider-Man is definitely a Mets fan. It's canon. You can look it up. He's from Queens. It all fits.

[*]- There's another reference to Karen's mysterious past, here. I'll eventually stop harping on it, but look for this to be a major problem in future seasons.

[*]- A couple of things about the scene in the orphanage with Matt and Stick. First of all, every member of the Church that we've met so far on Daredevil is hiding something about Matt's mother. The other thing is, I wonder if this is St. Agnes Orphanage? If so, Matt spent some time at the same orphanage as Skye from Agents of SHIELD.

[*]- To be fair, I have no idea what the Black Sky is supposed to be. Clearly, though, that little boy is superhuman. Could he be...Inhuman? The Inhumans seems to be the concept that Marvel is most intent on developing right now. This is probably the first seed of the mystery that will ultimately lead to Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist teaming up to become The Defenders.

[*]- On Ben Urich's board, of course Daredevil is the Jack of Hearts (he's got a troubled romantic history, likes red, and never forget that great Bob Dylan song), and the Kingpin is the "king of diamonds." Wilson Fisk always had a fondness for a diamond tie pin in his early appearances in the comics.

[*]- Okay, so it turns out that is totally Stone that Stick is talking to at the end of this episode (thanks to a sharp-eyed Tweeter for this one), and he's played by Jasson Finney. So that's now another Frank Miller creation that has made his way into this show. For now, all you need to know about Stone is that he's really tough to hurt, he's another Stick pupil, and he loves fighting ninjas. I expect an all-ninja extravaganza for season two at this point.

[*]Episode 8 "Shadows in the Glass"

[*]- Consider this episode "the secret origin of the Kingpin." While I don't remember these particular dismemberment details from his early life, it does set up the Don Rigoletto connection, via his father. In the comics, Kingpin was Rigoletto's bodyguard, who then betrayed and murdered him. I wonder if there will be a similar track for him explored here...

[*]And, of course, the episode's climax, with Wilson Fisk emerging as a pillar of the community to make life even more difficult for Daredevil is about as classic an interpretation of the character as you're likely to see.

[*]- As promised, there's our first look at Melvin Potter, fitting Leland Owsley for his new suit. Note the "Revenge of the Gladiators" poster on the wall. We'll get to more on Melvin in a few episodes, though.

[*]- The colors of the jacket that Melvin Potter is working on for Leland look like Leland's comic book counterpart, "The Owl."

[*]- That bit where Ben hesitates before deleting his big story is something we saw Joe Pantoliano's Ben Urich do in the Daredevilmovie of which we aren't supposed to speak. But that was one of the good moments in that film, and I'd like to think this is an intentional nod. (thanks to the radar senses of Alexander on Twitter for pointing this out)

[*]But now it's time for episode nine...

[*]Episode 9 "Speak of the Devil"

[*]- It's not a Daredevil story without ninjas. That isn't just any ninja that DD is facing off with during the opening...it's a member of Marvel ninja clan, The Hand. So, it's official: Nobu is the head of The Hand. Fisk asks him to find someone "from your organization" to deal with Daredevil. This is very exciting.

[*]Now, whether or not Nobu is (or was) uber-ninja Kirigi is another story:

[*]...okay, he's probably not Kirigi. But we're definitely talking about The Hand, here. And The Hand doesn't always stay dead. Maybe they're saving Kirigi for season two. Either way, I want more ninjas. We just got to watch a flaming ninja fight Daredevil. Life is good.

[*]- It looks like Matt deliberately overplays his blindness during the "handshake" with Ben Urich during their meeting at Matt's office. He knows that Ben is smart enough to put it together who he is...and in the comics, that's exactly what happened. Urich is a trusted keeper of Matt's secret identity. Which, as far as secret identities go, tends to not be all that secret.

[*]- On the packets of heroin, there's a strange symbol. That's the symbol of Davos/Steel Serpent, a K'un L'un native, and Iron Fist enemy. Basically, this pretty much cements the K'un L'un and Iron Fist connection for that upcoming series. (thanks Courtney!)

[*]- So the two jerks who jumped Karen are named Joseph Pike and Stewart Schmidt. Pike is another low-rent *****ebag from the comics, a criminal informant, and a Josie's bar regular. He first showed up in the Frank Miller drawn Daredevil#165 in 1980. I've got nothing on Schmidt, but there does appear to be a fictional Stewart Schmidt who lives in the comic book version of Marvel's Manhattan. I don't think I have any comics with him in them. Please don't think less of me.

[*]- There's plenty of precedent for Daredevil getting brutally beaten down by the Kingpin, so just consider the beatdown in this one of those "iconic moments."

[*]The rest of our Daredevil guide continues with the final episodes on the next page. Don't worry, it's worth it!

[*]Episode 10 "Nelson vs. Murdock"

[*]- During one of the Columbia University flashback sequences, Foggy blurts out... "The Greek girl...whatever happened to her? She was smokin'." That was, without question, a reference to Elektra Natchios. Try and forget about Jennifer Garner for a second and understand that Elektra is one of the most pivotal figures in Matt's life, and her proper introduction will probably be the driving force of Daredevilseason two.

[*]- In Ben Urich's office there are framed front pages from the Bulletinwith the headlines "Battle of New York" and "Terror in Harlem." Now we know Ben got the big bylines for the events of The Avengersand The Incredible Hulk. There's also one that reads "caught cheating," which I would like to imagine involves Tony Stark's love life, but if anybody has any better ideas, I'd love to hear 'em.

[*]- Roxxon is mentioned in the Landman/Zakk boardroom. Roxxon has come up a few times, mostly in the Iron Man movies. Basically, they're all-purpose corporate *****ebags, and they've been doing *****ebag corporate things since 1974 in the comics. But it should be noted that their corporate *****ebaggery extends all the way back to the '40s in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's kinda fitting that a Marvel staple like Roxxon is what drives Matt out of corporate law.

[*]- During the fundraiser, we're introduced to Senator Randolph Cherryh (thanks to Ryan in the comments for catching his name), a corrupt politician (aren't they all?) who was introduced in Frank Miller and Klaus Janson's Daredevil#177 (1981). Kingpin lovingly refers to him as a "simpering slave" in that comic, by the way, in case you were wondering what their relationship is like.

[*]- Owsley mentions someone named Van Lunt, a guy who is obsessed with astrology. This would be Cornelius Van Lunt, the unfortunately ridiculous Marvel supervillain known as Taurus. (Thanks, JackRussell)

[*]Episode 11 "The Path of the Righteous"

[*]- So, let's talk about Melvin Potter for a moment. Melvin Potter, like I mentioned up above, is also the supervillain known as the Gladiator. You can spot a Gladiator-themed movie poster in his workshop. While there is a Revenge of the Gladiators movie, I'm not sure this is a poster for the real one. The best thing about that poster, though, is that the yellow and blue color scheme is definitely consistent with what Melvin liked when he became...The Gladiator.

[*]So, this workshop fight is awesome for about a million reasons. First of all, it's Daredevil vs. the super strong Gladiator in all but name. That's cool. But then, Melvin throws a freakin' saw blade at him. That's really cool, especially since the comic book version of the Gladiator is fond of wearing throwable saw blades on his arms.

[*]But that's not all...

[*]-The "Betsy" that Melvin keeps referring to is Betsy Beatty, a social worker who helps Melvin work through his criminal issues. Poor guy is smitten with her. Anyway, what makes the whole Betsy thing even cooler is that she first appeared in Daredevil#166 (1980). It's notable because it's another one of Frank Miller's early issues, and it's another indication about the general direction of the show: so much has been pulled from that "Marked for Death" storyline in the 1979-1980 Daredevilcomics, that it means that Elektra, Bullseye, and loads more ninjas aren't far behind when it's time for season two!

[*]- "Do you really think this is the first time I've shot someone?" Holy moley. See? Haven't I been telling you that Karen Page has a seriously dark past? It's a shame about Wesley, though. He might just have been the best villain Marvel has produced this side of Loki so far.

[*]Episode 12 "The Ones We Leave Behind"

[*]- Karen shouldn't joke about "the hard stuff" given what's in her future. Also, after we just saw Foggy in flashbacks at Columbia, are we really supposed to believe that guy only "smoked a doobie once?" Seriously, Foggy? Once, my ass. You don't get a nickname like "Foggy" unless you're engineering gravity bongs and hooking up UV lights in your dorm closet for some non-credit botany.

[*]- Matt gives Ben Urich a crucial piece of his secret identity, here, talking like a boxer. This is such a perfect, classic interaction between Ben Urich and Daredevil, that I was really hoping we'd get to see Vondie Curtis-Hall in the Spider-Man movie next. Ummm...obviously that won't be happening. Holy moley.

[*]- So, Madame Gao probably wasn't kidding when she said she spoke "all" of the languages, because there's clearly more to her than meets the eye. Where's her home that is "considerably further" away from China? My current guess is K'un L'un, the mystical city where future Marvel/Netflix star Iron Fist gets his superhuman martial arts abilities. It's probably something else entirely. Regardless, I'll bet good money that whatever Madame Gao really is, she and the mysterious "Black Sky" will be among the connecting threads as we head towards the big team-up, The Defenders.

[*]Episode 13 "Daredevil"

[*]- Holy moley. The song that plays during Ben Urich's funeral is "Many Rivers to Cross" by Jimmy Cliff. It's a beautiful, perfect tune. It has nothing to do with Marvel Comics, but you should totally check out the movie The Harder They Come and its incredible soundtrack, which was my first exposure to it and the wonders of Jimmy Cliff.

[*]- For more musical amazingness, that bit of opera playing during the "everybody gets arrested" sequence. It's an aria from Puccini's Turnadot, called "Nessun Dorma" ("None Shall Sleep"), and that's Luciano Pavarotti singing. The lyrics are kind of appropriate...here are some excerpts:

[*]But my secret is hidden within me;none will know my name!No, no! On your mouthI will say it when the light shines!
[*]Vanish, o night!
[*]Fade, you stars!
[*]Fade, you stars!
[*]At dawn, I will win!
[*]I will win! I will win!
[*]Gosh, does that sound like anyone we know?

[*]And no, don't let my Italian last name fool you...I know nothing about opera, I had to Shazam that aria just like everybody else.

[*]- Now, once we get back to Melvin Potter's workshop, there are two ridiculously cool bits of Marvel-ness on display. The first is Stilt-Man's legs. Yeah, you read that right: Stilt Freakin' Man now officially exists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The other is the blueprints for Gladiator's buzz saw arm things.

[*]- Not only does Daredevil get his iconic, horned red costume from Melvin Potter, but he gets that perfectly balanced billy club. In the comics, that little stick is to Daredevil what the shield is to Captain America. Then again, the action sequences up until this point have been so cool that I hardly missed it.

[*]- The artist's impression of Daredevil on the front page of the New York Bulletin sure looks like it was done by awesome Daredevil artist Alex Maleev. Can anyone confirm this? I'll update when I know for sure.

[*]- We finally get to see Kingpin in his white suit. Probably not how we intended.

Yes, it's from Alex Maleev, from the Story "the king of Hell's Kitchen"

That’s the orphanage where Agent Skye grew up before the writers realized that the entire TV watching public hated her and decided to make her into an Inhuman and pretend that was the plan all along.
What the hell? I'm not even going to explain why whoever wrote that has no idea what he's talking about.

Probably already said in episode 10 but there is an article about Hulk, in Harlem, where Hulk's victory is mentionned.

Vanessa's hospital room is number 1602. I am not sure if that's a reference to the Marvel 1602 miniseries.

I forget which episode it was but when Karen went to the auction, I heard the auctioneer emphasize "Thunderbolts". I think the director did this on purpose since the rest of the auction was just background noise when Karen & Ben began talking. Maybe I'm looking too hard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"