Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

So Snyder confirmed we won't be seeing classic Superman back. Only the black suit. I am a little disappointed. It just doesn't make sense not to include that in the first Justice League movie. I feel like this is the one time Snyder should have taken Warner Bros' advice on using the classic suit. I wanted to see the black suit as much as everyone else, but I never expected that we'd only see the black suit in this film. I feel like at the very bare minimum, Snyder should have used the black suit for Superman's resurrection scene when he fights the league. Then we see him wear the classic by the final battle. I think it works as a story.

So even if we were going to see Superman back in his classic red and blue in the sequel...we're not getting a sequel. I don't want to see a continuation in a comic. I want to see it on screen. Looks like Snyder isn't too keen on making Justice League 2, but either way, Walter Hamada won't let it happen. It's a shame when a-holes like him are in power. Why does he think Justice League and the DCEU has been unsuccessful over the years? It isn't audiences fault. This is on all Warner Bros completely. They won't acknowledge that most of us will not accept Josstice League as canon.

So Snyder confirmed we won't be seeing classic Superman back. Only the black suit. I am a little disappointed. It just doesn't make sense not to include that in the first Justice League movie. I feel like this is the one time Snyder should have taken Warner Bros' advice on using the classic suit. I wanted to see the black suit as much as everyone else, but I never expected that we'd only see the black suit in this film. I feel like at the very bare minimum, Snyder should have used the black suit for Superman's resurrection scene when he fights the league. Then we see him wear the classic by the final battle. I think it works as a story.

So even if we were going to see Superman back in his classic red and blue in the sequel...we're not getting a sequel. I don't want to see a continuation in a comic. I want to see it on screen. Looks like Snyder isn't too keen on making Justice League 2, but either way, Walter Hamada won't let it happen. It's a shame when a-holes like him are in power. Why does he think Justice League and the DCEU has been unsuccessful over the years? It isn't audiences fault. This is on all Warner Bros completely. They won't acknowledge that most of us will not accept Josstice League as canon.

I hear you, I'm mixed on this decision too. I think so far the black suit looks awesome but....there's nothing like seeing Henry in the red and blues standing with the League. I think, honestly, Snyder is doing this because he's hedging his bets that this is the last time he will get to touch these characters and the temptation for him was too strong to not go out without putting Henry in the black suit. He wants it and he knows the fans have been wanting the black suit for a long time.

I hear you, I'm mixed on this decision too. I think so far the black suit looks awesome but....there's nothing like seeing Henry in the red and blues standing with the League. I think, honestly, Snyder is doing this because he's hedging his bets that this is the last time he will get to touch these characters and the temptation for him was too strong to not go out without putting Henry in the black suit. He wants it and he knows the fans have been wanting the black suit for a long time.
Couldn't agree more. All I was advocating for was to have both suits. (Not including flashbacks where Superman is in the classic suit) This has really undermined my anticipation for the movie. I hope he changes his mind.

He may not be donning the classic colours but from that meeting Alfred deleted scene, his demeanour strikes me as classic Superman.

That's because Henry is going to become classic Superman with appearances to come.

Mark this post down.

That's likely be due to the fact that Snyder's JL won't be considered canon to the events of the DCEU.

Since they're going off of Joss's JL, then the canon version of Superman never donned the black suit to start.

I also do agree that Snyder should have made some compromise with the black suit, allowing Superman to wear both versions in this film. Since Snyder has no intent to make a sequel, then he shouldn't just end his trilogy with Superman wearing the wrong costume.

That's likely be due to the fact that Snyder's JL won't be considered canon to the events of the DCEU.

Since they're going off of Joss's JL, then the canon version of Superman never donned the black suit to start.

I also do agree that Snyder should have made some compromise with the black suit, allowing Superman to wear both versions in this film. Since Snyder has no intent to make a sequel, then he shouldn't just end his trilogy with Superman wearing the wrong costume.

Compromising is literally the exact opposite of what this project represents though.

Compromising is literally the exact opposite of what this project represents though.

Perhaps, but I believe that one of the other driving forces behind this movement was getting closure to Snyder's trilogy.

Imho, it doesn't make any sense to start something that's not going to have any payoff in the end (this case being Superman's black suit).

If Snyder was confirmed to be returning for more JL films where he'd get to complete his original 5-movie arc, then I'd support his decisions with this movie.

I feel like Snyder could have easily gotten the best of both worlds by allowing Superman to wear both versions in order to provide a satisfying conclusion to his DC films.

We already got blue suit Superman in JL, with the TC. We have had blue suit for so many movies and TV shows.

For me black suit, is the payoff.

The blue suit in the theatrical version of JL was obscured by Henry's mustache. :o

Imho, the black suit is the one that he wears to symbolize that he's on a journey to rediscover who he is. The blue suit should be (and originally was) where he's supposed to end up at the conclusion of that journey.

Ending the film with Superman still in the black suit is like saying that his journey isn't complete and that he's not ready to be Superman again.

In the end, this doesn't really matter since this is a elseworld's story and not canon to the main DCEU.

giphy.gif

It's a shame that they had to trim this shot of him flying in BvS.

Yeah that extended version awesome. You can really see him struggling to use his powers.

My only concern with the black suit is that they might not have filmed scenes acknowledging the fact he is wearing a black suit.

Like, I hope in the scene with Alfred he makes some remake on the suit. But I doubt they filmed it.

I do think the shirt rip is going to be the red and blue but we'll see. If this is the way Zack intended it and that he is keen on having full control and this is what he has decided then so be it. For whatever reason I'm not giving up hope that we will see the red and blue in ZSJL. Just that Zack didn't get to make his entire classic Superman arc in his bigger picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"