BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ЯɘvlveR;26962731 said:
i can't believe he was 190 in mos. not at 6 foot 1 with that frame.
He must have been much more while he was bulking. He was 190 after cutting during filming, basically very little fat on his body.

And the camera always adds a few pounds. And muscle definition makes you look bigger. Even Jackman's trainer said that people think he is huge for Wolverine, but in reality he's just very cut. Same with Cavill, he was super cut, so he looked way bigger than he was. And he did have a pretty huge upper body, broad shoulders, barrel chest and good traps, which made him look bigger.

That is what Mark Twight said in an interview with Muscle & Fitness. But, then again, Twight also said he got down to 3-4% bodyfat, which is completely false. So the credibility of the quote is in question.

However, Cavill's frame and genetics would actually be the explanation for how he looked so big while being so light. Although broad shouldered, Cavill is actually surprisingly small boned. (see his waist, wrists, knees, and ankles) The result is that less mass pops way more effectively on his frame. Add in all the tricks that Snyder did to make Cavill look as big as possible and it is plausible.
I trust Twight, he's a no ******** guy. And even though Cavill might not have been exactly 3%, he was tending towards that. He was extremely lean as could be seen by his muscle definition.

But you cannot compare body fat visually with stage bodybuilders who are water depleted, carb depleted, shaved, tanned brown, oiled up, pumped, top lit, and flexing to the limit to look the way they do. Cavill had none of that.

So for curiosity sake, do you guys think Cavill will end up being bigger then he was for MOS2? And if he has already started training, when do they start filming? I'm hoping Affleck shows this much dedication to his role. In Cav-El i trust

I think Cavil could be as good as Revee given a few more films!

So for curiosity sake, do you guys think Cavill will end up being bigger then he was for MOS2? And if he has already started training, when do they start filming? I'm hoping Affleck shows this much dedication to his role. In Cav-El i trust

I would be very surprised if he got bigger this time. They had the shirtless scene in MOS which obviously meant that he had to get up to that size - because they clearly wanted the audience to know that he really was that big and there was no trickery involved. Being that big gave real believability to him in the role of Superman - and a real physicality to the part.

I don't think there will be shirtless scenes in this film (I may be wrong!) but now he is already established as Superman I can't see a scene where he is wandering around with his shirt off. I think he will get big, he'll fill the suit out nicely, but maybe not get quite so cut. Who knows though?? I was one of the people who, although I really supported his casting, was a little bit apprehensive about whether Cavill would be able to get big enough in the short time frame... and he surprised me a lot then so who knows?!

I trust Twight, he's a no ******** guy. And even though Cavill might not have been exactly 3%, he was tending towards that. He was extremely lean as could be seen by his muscle definition.

But you cannot compare body fat visually with stage bodybuilders who are water depleted, carb depleted, shaved, tanned brown, oiled up, pumped, top lit, and flexing to the limit to look the way they do. Cavill had none of that.

All valid points, but I wasn't thinking of pro bodybuilders. I was thinking moreso of professional fighters like Wladimir Klitschko who looks much leaner and defined and I've only ever heard referred to as being in the 6-7% range at the lowest. Moreover, Cavill on set had many of the same advantages as pro bodybuilders like lighting and makeup and oil or whatever similar substance they used to make him look wet and shiny in the oil rig and clothes stealing scenes.

Also, I should have probably cast doubt on Muscle&Fitness's credibility rather than Twight's. The Weider mags aren't the most trustworthy publications. It's all but certain that Arnold's regular column was ghost written and he had no hand in it despite having the by line.

Questioning a shirtless Cavill scene?!?! Blasphemy of the grandest kind! I tells ya. :argh:

I would be very surprised if he got bigger this time. They had the shirtless scene in MOS which obviously meant that he had to get up to that size - because they clearly wanted the audience to know that he really was that big and there was no trickery involved. Being that big gave real believability to him in the role of Superman - and a real physicality to the part.

I don't think there will be shirtless scenes in this film (I may be wrong!) but now he is already established as Superman I can't see a scene where he is wandering around with his shirt off. I think he will get big, he'll fill the suit out nicely, but maybe not get quite so cut. Who knows though?? I was one of the people who, although I really supported his casting, was a little bit apprehensive about whether Cavill would be able to get big enough in the short time frame... and he surprised me a lot then so who knows?!

It's a Zack Snyder movie. There will be shirtless scenes.

And an ass shot as I decree it. :o

And an ass shot as I decree it. :o

I second that motion, as well as any motions that involve him being at least partially naked.

And to not be entirely shallow, here is one of my favorite not-quite-perfect fanmade manip of Henry and Amy together:

superman-man-of-steel-movie-image-henry-cavill-amy-adams-01.jpg

Last edited:
An unconfirmed news article did say that Affleck also started training 2 hours a day the day after he was cast. He is also shooting Gone Girl right now for David Fincher.

The shoot is scheduled to begin sometime in Feb 2014 and will last till August 2014. And both Cavill and Affleck will be training throughout that period too.

Cavill doesn't NEED to get bigger IMO though of course he can go bigger if he wants to, the training might be more interesting for him if he's going bigger than MOS, Hugh Jackman always likes to go bigger than last time for his Wolverine training. IMHO Cavill had the best superhero physique in live action films.

I think Cavil could be as good as Revee given a few more films!
Their writers were worlds apart. Reeve's scripts (first 2 atleast) were written by Mario Puzo. Cavill's scripts (first 2 atleast) are written by David Goyer.

Yes, the shirtless scene was actually added by Zack Snyder to the script because he wanted to show Superman's physique and mainly he said to show that the body in the suit was real and not some rubber muscles.

So having established Superman's physique, they might not opt to go for shirtless scenes this time around.

But of course Cavill will have to get very big and trim again to fill out his suit which is kinda a mold of his body.

It's a Zack Snyder movie. There will be shirtless scenes.
I think there might be shirtless scenes but they might actually come from Affleck rather than Cavill. Because Cavill's character is already established, they'll be looking to establish Affleck's character this time around.

All valid points, but I wasn't thinking of pro bodybuilders. I was thinking moreso of professional fighters like Wladimir Klitschko who looks much leaner and defined and I've only ever heard referred to as being in the 6-7% range at the lowest. Moreover, Cavill on set had many of the same advantages as pro bodybuilders like lighting and makeup and oil or whatever similar substance they used to make him look wet and shiny in the oil rig and clothes stealing scenes.

Also, I should have probably cast doubt on Muscle&Fitness's credibility rather than Twight's. The Weider mags aren't the most trustworthy publications. It's all but certain that Arnold's regular column was ghost written and he had no hand in it despite having the by line.
The clothes stealing scene is actually his best shape, the oil rig scene was shot 3 weeks later and he might have lost some definition between that. But in the clothes stealing scene, which was sort of his physique shot in the film, he did not have advantages of either lighting or make-up or oiling up as you say, this is how he looked. And this is not even his best shot in the movie, its just what is available in the trailer.

And I posted this in another thread but I'll quote it here. You aren't giving Cavill enough credit for how cut he was. He was infact very cut.
One thing to realize is that, when you are seeing bodybuilders on stage with 3 percent body fat, everything is geared towards showing off that low body fat. They are completely shaved, oiled up, bronzed, with appropriate stage lighting, water depleted, carb depleted, and flexing to the max. And many other tricks body builders do.

Cavill was doing none of these things, he was extremely pale, very hairy, in very flat drab lighting (actually horrible lighting) and not flexing at all. It is entirely different circumstances. He was just playing a normal man stealing some clothes and running away. I daresay you would see much more of his muscle definition if he did a body building photo shoot with all the bells and whistles.

But this much is certain he had low body fat. Look at the pictures below.

henry-cavill-superman-set-03.jpg

henry-cavill-superman-set-02.jpg

henry-cavill-superman-set-01.jpg

henry+cavill+shirtless.jpg

Abs are bulging but look at the arms. Look at the separation between the biceps and the delts, and the pecs and the delts, he is very sharply cut. This kind of sharp appearance comes with low body fat. So even though he might not be 3%, he's definitely single digit.

And both Twight, Snyder and Cavill claimed that figure so it wouldn't be very far off the mark. Cavill very widely claimed that he was at 6% body fat in Immortals. And he looks much much sharply defined in MOS. So he might be around that number.

But remember, the physiques of body builders and actors are presented in extremely different circumstances. It is actually a very disadvantageous way for the actors to present their results, because they just do an incidental scene in films.

Their writers were worlds apart. Reeve's scripts (first 2 atleast) were written by Mario Puzo. Cavill's scripts (first 2 atleast) are written by David Goyer.

Sometimes an actor shines in spite of a bad script. Eric Bana in Troy is a good example... and I think Cavill was fabulous in MoS. I hope to see more of him in superman movies and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just his personality, but in some of his interviews he acts real stuck and has the attitude like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. You may not want to be there to answer the same questions, but at least try to act like you want to be there. His acting skills aren't that good though, so he has no choice, but to be somewhat of a jerk instead of just putting on a face and getting through it. If he has this entitled attitude going forward and let's say him and Affleck clash a recasting may be possible.

Maybe it's just his personality, but in some of his interviews he acts real stuck and has the attitude like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. You may not want to be there to answer the same questions, but at least try to act like you want to be there. His acting skills aren't that good though, so he has no choice, but to be somewhat of a jerk instead of just putting on a face and getting through it. If he has this entitled attitude going forward and let's say him and Affleck clash a recasting may be possible.
Have you seen Christian Bale's early interviews? :funny: Guy made no secret that he hated doing press. He's a good-enough actor that he could pretend he did...if he cared to. :oldrazz:

Being a dad has taken the edge off Bale, but he still doesn't do the late-night press tours if he can help it. I don't think Henry has that kind of pull yet.

It's funny how you're the only person I've seen to make this observation about Henry. I think the problem is your perception and what you're projecting onto him rather than Henry actually being a jerk.

The only consistent negative thing that I've seen people say about him is that he is boring and has no personality. I think that's a load of BS, but whatever.

It's funny how you're the only person I've seen to make this observation about Henry. I think the problem is your perception and what you're projecting onto him rather than Henry actually being a jerk.

The only consistent negative thing that I've seen people say about him is that he is boring and has no personality. I think that's a load of BS, but whatever.

That award goes to...Toby Maguire everybody!!

They do look alike but Cavill looks like he could squash Bomer like a gnat.

Looks like Henry could be back with Gina Carrano - does that mean people are gonna be throwing her name around again as a possible Wonder Woman for Justice League?!

Of course they could just be friends now and are having catching up - amongst other stuff! - but here are some (v instrusive...:S) photos of them in Rome from this weekend...

article-0-18A12C9300000578-979_634x596.jpg

article-2451027-18A12BD000000578-505_634x938.jpg

article-2451027-18A12C1B00000578-49_634x883.jpg

article-0-18A12C7C00000578-226_634x439.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"