BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet...two films in and this superman seems to be regressing. He seemed to be more confident in MOS. Sadly.

Well, what's there to look forward to as a Superman fan? :csad:

I envy Batman fans, they're getting a Batman solo movie which has oficially been announced, they're getting Batman from beginning to end in the JL1 film getting the spotlight and assembling the team, he'll be in JL2. His villains are the protagonists of Suicide Squad, Batman is ALSO appearing in Suicide Squad, The Joker seems to be 100x times more developed than Lex Luthor ever was in BvS... I wish we had half of this.

Superman is just... dead. We're just looking forward seeing him come back to life and that's it.

Superman is just... dead. We're just looking forward seeing him come back to life and that's it.

lol agreed. Dccu really mess up Superman. Snyder most of all.

yeah...
and knowing the direction they've taken him so far it's very likely he'll come back evil or even more troubled and angsty, suffering some PTSD

seriously guys, this is so depressing :(

I envy Batman fans, they're getting a Batman solo movie which has oficially been announced, they're getting Batman from beginning to end in the JL1 film getting the spotlight and assembling the team, he'll be in JL2. His villains are the protagonists of Suicide Squad, Batman is ALSO appearing in Suicide Squad, The Joker seems to be 100x times more developed than Lex Luthor ever was in BvS... I wish we had half of this.

yeah Ive seen some Batman fans have said we should be happy because weve had one film and supposedly he was the "center" of the second. Except that second film left him in shambles all to build up Batman.

yeah Ive seen some Batman fans have said we should be happy because weve had one film and supposedly he was the "center" of the second. Except that second film left him in shambles all to build up Batman.

I don't think it was all done to consciously build up batman. I think it's just that Snyder doesn't like Superman as a character as much as he likes him as a plot device. Or he doesn't understand. He says things to the effect of superman "is the crown jewel" or "the greatest," but doesn't know what makes him great.

I feel the same about this DCEU's Batman-centric development. It's depressing.

I'm going to see how they're going finish off Superman's arc that MOS started. If there's no solo Superman movie on the horizon I'll have no reason to get excited for any DCEU properties besides JL sequel.

I personally thought Batman came across really badly in BvS. I was hoping for a more Superman-centric universe. Let's see how Justice League goes.

I personally thought Batman came across really badly in BvS. I was hoping for a more Superman-centric universe. Let's see how Justice League goes.

Agreed. Batman terrible in it. Should have left it alone as Superman sequel with no other hero in it.

I tried to warn guys here that Bvs was gonna be Batcentric.But positivity police was strong then.

Kinda weird to hear it's batcentric.

Atleast, it's weird to me because this was supposedly a Man of Steel sequel when they started writing it. One would think that starting from that, if anything, it'd have to be Superman centric.

I tried to warn guys here that Bvs was gonna be Batcentric.But positivity police was strong then.

I didn't want to believe it back then, but every bad prediction became true.
we really are cursed :o

It didn't feel Bat-centric to me. More like Snyder got most Batman elements right (the tone, the actions, Alfred,..etc) but got Superman's elements mostly wrong (the tone, his characterization, Lex, etc) so Batman got out of this with better reception.

It's still Superman's arc at the heart of the movie.

However, as a result of Snyder's bias and incapability, DCEU is now a Batman-centric universe.

It didn't feel Bat-centric to me. More like Snyder got most Batman elements right (the tone, the actions, Alfred,..etc) but got Superman's elements mostly wrong (the tone, his characterization, Lex, etc) so Batman got out of this with better reception.

It's still Superman's arc at the heart of the movie.

However, as a result of Snyder's bias and incapability, DCEU is now a Batman-centric universe.

Pretty much this. Superman overall arc to me was pretty well done, but the elements of it just didn't work, or even feel as a Superman arc, which heavily worked against it. It should have been better balanced. But it sucks that the DCEU feels Batman-centric instead of centered around the trinity, or more balanced around the burgeoning Justice League.:csad:

I actually feel the movie was more Batman-centric. He gets more build-up during the first two acts and takes aproactive role interacting with Luthor, while Superman spends most of the movie reacting to things, making him kind of boring.

Batman's arc is also more competently dramatized, and we actually understand where he's coming from with Superman. I actually like the idea of a Batman that's been driven to madness by his years of crimefighting, and I would've LOVED to see someone else handle that kind of take with more maturity and grace.

Superman's arc is disjointed by comparison, his exile reduced to one scene. We never really FEEL his absence - we don't see disasters occur that could've been stopped by Superman or see people die in incidents he could've saved them from. It also doesn't help Cavill has to rely so much on a physical performance. Visual storytelling is great, but you do need to give your character dialogue if you don't want us leaving cold.

As it stands, Superman may have come out the better hero in the sense that he defeats Doomsday, but Batman leaves being the more fully-realized character. Now I'm a huge fan of both heroes, but this story definitely needed to be Superman-centric in order to work. You can't philosophize on this supposed god without making him a man in our eyes.

Kinda weird to hear it's batcentric.

Atleast, it's weird to me because this was supposedly a Man of Steel sequel when they started writing it. One would think that starting from that, if anything, it'd have to be Superman centric.

Not with Snyder's brain.

I mean Batman is already pretty much set as a character after one movie that he supposedly wasn't the center of,, but we have to keep hearing that snyder is setting up some beautiful long game three movie arc for supes. Like that's a positive thing. And he also got a solo film announced. But they won't announce a supes one to not mess up the JL story...like...words fail to describe how dumb that excuse is.

I mean Batman is already pretty much set as a character after one movie that he supposedly wasn't the center of,, but we have to keep hearing that snyder is setting up some beautiful long game three movie arc for supes. Like that's a positive thing. And he also got a solo film announced. But they won't announce a supes one to not mess up the JL story...like...words fail to describe how dumb that excuse is.

They cannot just announce a movie on whim, notice no announcements about Shazam, Justice League Dark (when they already have Del Toro's script for that, which they liked.), Sandman (which had a lot of development before JGL left)

The announcement will happen when they have a script, a director and a plan how to fit that movie in a larger DCU.

I am sure they will have a solo Superman movie after JL Part-1, Superman fans need to relax. (we are already seeing Supes in JL-1)

Honestly they could've started their world building with a shot of Batman watching the "you are not alone" message in MOS like that fan made vid from a while back, then make Mos2 or better yet a world world's finest where clark is already established and we learn about bats before they team up and take someone down, but he just had to have them fight right off the bat.

Honestly they could've started their world building with a shot of Batman watching the "you are not alone" message in MOS like that fan made vid from a while back, then make Mos2 or better yet a world world's finest where clark is already established and we learn about bats before they team up and take someone down, but he just had to have them fight right off the bat.

At that time WB was undergoing a change at the top tier management, old powers like Jeff Robinov going out and Kevin Tsujihara taking the charge, DC Universe was planned in detail after Kevin took charge.

They cannot just announce a movie on whim, notice no announcements about Shazam, Justice League Dark (when they already have Del Toro's script for that, which they liked.), Sandman (which had a lot of development before JGL left)

The announcement will happen when they have a script, a director and a plan how to fit that movie in a larger DCU.h

I am sure they will have a solo Superman movie after JL Part-1, Superman fans need to relax. (we are already seeing Supes in JL-1)

Honest question because I don't remember, did they have directors attached when they announced the flash and cyborg films? If things change they change, nothing is stopping them from announcing even tentative plans. All we get is there's nothing at this time/waiting for the right script. It's ridiculous.

I mean green lantern is planned for 2020, no? Is there a script or director for that?

The announcement will happen when they have a script, a director and a plan how to fit that movie in a larger DCU.

Why should Superman fan relax?After 2 bad potrayals,loosing his sequel to Batman,Dying so Batman can Lead,a strong possibility Superman is coming back brainwashed,what reason could there be to Relax?

I actually feel the movie was more Batman-centric. He gets more build-up during the first two acts and takes aproactive role interacting with Luthor, while Superman spends most of the movie reacting to things, making him kind of boring.

Batman's arc is also more competently dramatized, and we actually understand where he's coming from with Superman. I actually like the idea of a Batman that's been driven to madness by his years of crimefighting, and I would've LOVED to see someone else handle that kind of take with more maturity and grace.

Superman's arc is disjointed by comparison, his exile reduced to one scene. We never really FEEL his absence - we don't see disasters occur that could've been stopped by Superman or see people die in incidents he could've saved them from. It also doesn't help Cavill has to rely so much on a physical performance. Visual storytelling is great, but you do need to give your character dialogue if you don't want us leaving cold.

As it stands, Superman may have come out the better hero in the sense that he defeats Doomsday, but Batman leaves being the more fully-realized character. Now I'm a huge fan of both heroes, but this story definitely needed to be Superman-centric in order to work. You can't philosophize on this supposed god without making him a man in our eyes.

I didn't think the movie was Batman-centric because everything in the movie didn't revolve around him. If BvS was a movie about the solar system Superman would be the sun and Batman would be the planets.

You took Batman out of the movie you'd be left with a complete story about Superman getting public backlashes which Lex turning the world against him and then Lex ended up creating a monster which led to Supermen's sacrifice.

You took Superman out of the movie you'd be left with.. Batman living his everyday, crime fighting life. There'd be no conflicts, no fight, no dawn of Justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"