BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will probably be something that will be so minor that we won't notice...like Spider-man and Spider-man 2's costumes.

I actually prefer the more muted blue since that is the base color, but I'd like to see a better red in the \S/ as well as better yellow.

I just hope they don't make any major changes to the suit.

^ This. I'll be rofling if the undies get added :)

And hope that Batman has equal opportunity in that regard :D

I'll think it's damn stupid if the undies are added. What would be the reason for that? Serious eye-roll material.

Henry Cavill + brighter colors on the suit/no weird color filtering + slightly looser Superman hair = best visual Superman ever.

I like the way it looks in your avatar. Pretty much perfect there. It didn't look that way the whole movie though due to the color filtering.

^ Ironically, I think the lighting on the ship's interior causes the brighter colors to stand out more.

I like the way it looks in your avatar. Pretty much perfect there. It didn't look that way the whole movie though due to the color filtering.

Indeed. They need to knock it off with the filtering. Or make the suit brighter. Just find some way to make the blue stay blue.

If you look at the production shots the suit colors look perfectly fine. If they were to keep that washed out color for the next movie then the only changes I want made tot he suit are just to the \S/.

I'll think it's damn stupid if the undies are added. What would be the reason for that? Serious eye-roll material.

Henry Cavill + brighter colors on the suit/no weird color filtering + slightly looser Superman hair = best visual Superman ever.

Sounds good to me. The only other thing I wouldn't mind being done away with and replaced with a better alternative is the piping on the torso, but it's not a huge deal.

And yeah, no trunks.

I really hope Cavill shows more carisma in this sequel. From what Henry stated in an interview; he did say he would be less confined within his mind (thinking to much) and would be more outgoing showing more of his personality.

I can't help but think of Thor though in this situation. The reason why I LOVE Thor sooo much, is because the sincerity and outgoing personality that "Chis Hemsworth" put into the part! IT MAKES ME BELIEVE AND CONNECT AND LOVE THE CHARACTER!

I watched MOS again tonight in my theater room with the family on my 106-inch screen, and I just felt so disconnected from Cavills interpretation of the character.

Obviously, YES, he was confused with who he was in MOS, Cavill played the part pretty dang good as a confused Sups! I am just hoping we get more of Cavill's actual personality out of this next film, he needs to shine, make me actually CARE for him this time around! Show me some emotion and love as Chris Reeve did! I NEED THAT CONECTION!!!!! Instead of me feeling as if the actor is just reading off of a piece of paper. :(

Last edited:
Cavil gave a fine performance to me. He was a searching and somewhat lost Superman. That was what they were going for. But he also gave me the strong of character Superman, the deep thinking Superman and the humble but powerful Superman. No complaints here. Honestly... He was as good as Bale was in BB. My hope is that unlike Bale, he's not lost a bit in the mix of his follow up film.

I really hope Cavill shows more carisma in this sequel. From what Henry stated in an interview; he did say he would be less confined within his mind (thinking to much) and would be more outgoing showing more of his personality.

I can't help but think of Thor though in this situation. The reason why I LOVE Thor sooo much, is because the sincerity and outgoing personality that "Chis Hemsworth" put into the part! IT MAKES ME BELIEVE AND CONNECT AND LOVE THE CHARACTER!

I watched MOS again tonight in my theater room with the family on my 106-inch screen, and I just felt so disconnected from Cavills interpretation of the character.

Obviously, YES, he was confused with who he was in MOS, Cavill played the part pretty dang good as a confused Sups! I am just hoping we get more of Cavill's actual personality out of this next film, he needs to shine, make me actually CARE for him this time around! Show me some emotion and love as Chris Reeve did! I NEED THAT CONECTION!!!!! Instead of me feeling as if the actor is just reading off of a piece of paper. :(

No emotion in the scene when he kills zod or when his dad died? No charisma in the interrogation room or when he lands after saving Lois from the pod? Just reading from a piece of paper when he expressed joy as jor-el told him his name or when he told his mom he had found his parents? To each their own, but I'm with Krypton inc. He was great. Can't wait to see his reporter Clark.

Yeah... I personally think he's every bit as good as Superman as Hemsworth is as Thor. I think some people might like Hemsworth better because Thor is a less stoic character. He makes an idiot out of himself occasionally because that's the character. Superman is much more reserved and serious.

Yeah... I personally think he's every bit as good as Superman as Hemsworth is as Thor. I think some people might like Hemsworth better because Thor is a less stoic character. He makes an idiot out of himself occasionally because that's the character. Superman is much more reserved and serious.

Thor's also has had 3 appearances compared to Cav-el's 1.

Doesn't have to be though. That's why I was partly disappointed with this iteration, practically all the life was sucked out of him. It's bad enough Supes has this reputation of being a straight arrow, so there's little wiggle room there anyway. But now they've even made his Clark side reserved and quiet. They've trapped themselves.

You do understand that we only saw the "real" Clark, which is essentially just Superman without the costume, right? Facade (Daily Planet) Clark is typically very different, and we have yet to see that. And honestly, I don't see how "the life was sucked out of him" in this version. People said the same thing about Andrew Garfield in ASM, and I didn't agree with that either. Just because your main character isn't constantly smiling and cracking one-liners doesn't mean he's uncharismatic and lifeless.

You do understand that we only saw the "real" Clark, which is essentially just Superman without the costume, right? Facade (Daily Planet) Clark is typically very different, and we have yet to see that.
We'll see how they handle the public identity, I just would have liked to see the real Clark experience a good time and have a positive outlook on life itself. They sort of hinted at that in the end so maybe the sequel will mitigate these criticisms.

And honestly, I don't see how "the life was sucked out of him" in this version. People said the same thing about Andrew Garfield in ASM, and I didn't agree with that either. Just because your main character isn't constantly smiling and cracking one-liners doesn't mean he's uncharismatic and lifeless.
One, I don't agree at all about those comments regarding Andrew/ASM.

Two, Clark had few moments of happiness in that film. One could argue the story didn't allow for much enjoyment, but the brief flashbacks we saw painted a gloomy upbringing as well. I came out of that movie thinking Clark was more (emotionally) beat up in life than Bruce was in BB.

How about this as a point of view. Yes, to us on the outside, being Clark seems like a fantasy. To him... He has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Ok Henry is no RDJ but he did have charm and at least made me care about his character. I don't think WB wants to go for the comical, smart a-- throwing out quotable one liners for most of the movie.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it. I don't know... I've read a lot of Superman comics and honestly, he rarely ever comes off like someone who enjoys his amazing abilities. Now, it doesn't seem like they torture him either... he just more or less seems to accept that he has them and that he must always use them to help people. But bear in mind, that most of those stories occur once Superman is fully formed. What MOS did, or at least attempted to do, was show us Superman before all of that; before he truly accepted his role as Earth's protector. I guess you could argue that we've seen that before in the first half hour of the Donner movie or in Smallville, but I think they tried to take it further here. It worked for me, though it apparently didn't work for everyone.

Cavill is never going to play Reeve's Superman no matter how much people want him to.

Also the costume designer said tweaks, not major changes. They always make tweaks in sequels.

I think people sometimes perceive flamboyance as charisma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"