Hey You Hulk Movie fans please don't ruin the sequel

Sava said:
1) If anyone else complains about Hulk not talking much, i swear i'm going to slap that person, would you prefer Hulk acting or just talking in stupid third person and looking like a ******?

Slap away....and I will smash you! :D

How about....I dunno...the Hulk doing BOTH? This doesn't have to be one or the other. Dustin Hoffman talked like a "******" in Rain Man and it worked beautifully.

The Hulk is not Lex Luthor. He is supposed to sound like a 5 year old.

He is also not Harpo Marx. He has the ability to speak....always has. (The TV doesn't count...that was some guy called "David" Banner...obviously a completely different character.)

JeetKuneDo said:
True. The reason the desert scenes were the best scenes in the movie is because they were the most like the comic. It wasn't as obvious that the Hulk was way too big in those scenes. If only he had screamed something at the helicopters they would have been perfect scenes. (The Hulk is NOT a mute.)

Yes, how about 'terrible choppers', 'ugly choppers, you die!' or 'The Hulk hates choppers' or any other obvious idiotic over-explaining line.

JeetKuneDo said:

How about....I dunno...the Hulk doing BOTH? This doesn't have to be one or the other. Dustin Hoffman talked like a "******" in Rain Man and it worked beautifully.

He is also not Harpo Marx. He has the ability to speak....always has. (The TV doesn't count...that was some guy called "David" Banner...obviously a completely different character.)

He'd look stupid being a enormous raging creature and speaking like Tarzan or a child. Almost as stupid as you. You talk like a 5 y.o. kid yourself and God what a reason to wish you were mute.

Yeah, Hulk-Rain Man comparision. Hulk is authistic. Big brain you have there somewhere.

El Payaso said:
Yes, how about 'terrible choppers', 'ugly choppers, you die!' or 'The Hulk hates choppers' or any other obvious idiotic over-explaining line.

Which are exactly the kind of things the Hulk says. ("Stupid helicopters" would be more like it.) If you don't think these kinds of lines are good, then you don't think the Hulk should be made into a movie.

He'd look stupid being a enormous raging creature and speaking like Tarzan or a child.

Again...you must not like the Hulk if you don't like these things. That's exactly what he is. You would be better off following a different character.

We are talking about a big green guy that can jump miles and throw tanks. And you think him speaking like a child is going to somehow make this concept look stupid?

If you "Ang" it up and try to turn it into something "artistic"....well....you'll get just what Ang got. ...A mess of a movie that has turned into a joke and maybe ruined the chances for a franchise.

But hey...maybe you and Ang are right and everyone else is wrong.

Almost as stupid as you. You talk like a 5 y.o. kid yourself and God what a reason to wish you were mute

Yeah, Hulk-Rain Man comparision. Hulk is authistic. Big brain you have there somewhere.

You got me...The Hulk (not "Hulk") is a member of mensa. What was I thinking?

You always know you are getting the upper hand in a debate when the other party starts resorting to personal insults. Fire away. You might just make me cry and feel bad about myself.

JeetKuneDo said:

the reason why Dustin Hoffmans' thing worked cause he WAS a ****** ;). I agree that Hulk's not Lex Luthor, but if he even shares SOME of Bruces' memories, he would know how to talk properly, Hulk talking in third person work in the comic books, just not in Film IMO.

Sava said:
the reason why Dustin Hoffmans' thing worked cause he WAS a ****** ;). I agree that Hulk's not Lex Luthor, but if he even shares SOME of Bruces' memories, he would know how to talk properly, Hulk talking in third person work in the comic books, just not in Film IMO.

How do we know it wouldn't work? Has anyone tried it yet?

Dustin Hoffman thing worked because he was a ******. True. And the Hulk has the mentality of a 5 year old. Sounds like he should talk that way, eh?

The only thing we know so far is what won't work. ...The way Ang Lee did it.

Frankly, I'll take proper talking over a mime if those are my options.

I don't recall anyone complaining about Gollum's poor use of the English language in LOTR. If it fits the character....you must aquit. (Oh wait...wrong forum)

JeetKuneDo said:
Which are exactly the kind of things the Hulk says. ("Stupid helicopters" would be more like it.) If you don't think these kinds of lines are good, then you don't think the Hulk should be made into a movie.

The Hulk was already made into a movie. Soprry.

JeetKuneDo said:
Again...you must not like the Hulk if you don't like these things. That's exactly what he is. You would be better off following a different character.

Me and people who have made Hulk series and movie.

You would be better off following a cinema class.

JeetKuneDo said:
We are talking about a big green guy that can jump miles and throw tanks. And you think him speaking like a child is going to somehow make this concept look stupid?

Exactly.

What the jumps and super-strenghth has to do with talking like a ******? Superman can do the same, he'd be better talking like a baby?

JeetKuneDo said:
If you "Ang" it up and try to turn it into something "artistic"....well....you'll get just what Ang got. ...A mess of a movie that has turned into a joke and maybe ruined the chances for a franchise.

Franchise is just a crude way to instrujmentalize an artistic expression into a money-making formula. That is the joke.

JeetKuneDo said:
But hey...maybe you and Ang are right and everyone else is wrong.

Where did you heat that? You can't have thought of that yourself.

JeetKuneDo said:
You got me...The Hulk (not "Hulk") is a member of mensa. What was I thinking?

Thinking? You?

JeetKuneDo said:
You always know you are getting the upper hand in a debate when the other party starts resorting to personal insults. Fire away. You might just make me cry and feel bad about myself.

For that you should have to understand. Impossible.

JeetKuneDo said:
How do we know it wouldn't work? Has anyone tried it yet?

Dustin Hoffman thing worked because he was a ******. True. And the Hulk has the mentality of a 5 year old. Sounds like he should talk that way, eh?

The only thing we know so far is what won't work. ...The way Ang Lee did it.

Frankly, I'll take proper talking over a mime if those are my options.

I don't recall anyone complaining about Gollum's poor use of the English language in LOTR. If it fits the character....you must aquit. (Oh wait...wrong forum)
just try it out, when Hulk is getting attacked by two helicopters, he says what? "get away from Hulk or he will SMASH you!"? ... come on, that sounds s**t. The only time he was quiet for too long was with Betty, even then he was looking at her like anyone would when they havent seen a person for so long.

El Payaso said:
The Hulk was already made into a movie. Soprry.
That counts as a movie? Man...I was hoping we would get a real one at some point.

Me and people who have made Hulk series and movie.
And what successes they were! Why...the movie is highly regarded and the TV show is considered a veritable classic. (Hint: I wouldn't hitch my wagon to those two turkeys as "the way it should be done" if I were you.)

What the jumps and super-strenghth has to do with talking like a ******? Superman can do the same, he'd be better talking like a baby?
And that's exactly what I said. Yep...I said anyone with great strength should talk like a baby. You busted me.

...Or maybe...I said someone with a child's mentality should talk like a child? Nah...that couldn't be what I said!

Franchise is just a crude way to instrujmentalize an artistic expression into a money-making formula. That is the joke.
Lucky for you, Ang Lee has made a Hulk franchise extremely unlikely. Maybe you'll luck out and he'll take over other film franchises you aren't fond of, eh?

Thinking? You?

For that you should have to understand. Impossible.
Stop it! (sob) You are hurting my feelings here! My god man...have you no soul? Your caustic words are ripping me apart! Oh the agony! Your wit is too much for my fragile psyche.

So when is Silver Surfer going to appear in a sequel?

Sava said:
just try it out, when Hulk is getting attacked by two helicopters, he says what? "get away from Hulk or he will SMASH you!"? ... come on, that sounds s**t. The only time he was quiet for too long was with Betty, even then he was looking at her like anyone would when they havent seen a person for so long.

So...a character shouldn't talk during action scenes...and shouldn't talk between action scenes either. Gotcha.:up:

Hmmm....I have to wonder how Hollywood has managed to wedge all that dialog into movies for the last 80 years or so. Just where are they finding appropriate places for characters to talk?

Geniuses! Geniuses I say! They are doing the impossible! Characters in movies speaking real lines? (The crowd gasps) :eek:

Ang Lee should bow down at the feet of Peter Jackson apparently. How Jackson managed to have Gollum talk is beyond all reason.

JeetKuneDo said:
That counts as a movie? Man...I was hoping we would get a real one at some point.

^that counts as an opinion? Man...I was hoping we would get a real one at some point.

JeetKuneDo said:
And what successes they were! Why...the movie is highly regarded and the TV show is considered a veritable classic.

The movie is good and the Tv show was a success and it's successfully released on DVD after several petitions.

Your idiocy is not considered a proof of anything.

JeetKuneDo said:
(Hint: I wouldn't hitch my wagon to those two turkeys as "the way it should be done" if I were you.)

A hint by you enlightens about what not to think/do/say. Involuntarily helpful.

JeetKuneDo said:
And that's exactly what I said. Yep...I said anyone with great strength should talk like a baby. You busted me.

Thanks for the admision.

JeetKuneDo said:
...Or maybe...I said someone with a child's mentality should talk like a child? Nah...that couldn't be what I said!

If it was it was stupid. Child mentality?

JeetKuneDo said:
Lucky for you, Ang Lee has made a Hulk franchise extremely unlikely. Maybe you'll luck out and he'll take over other film franchises you aren't fond of, eh?

Maybe.

JeetKuneDo said:
Stop it! (sob) You are hurting my feelings here! My god man...have you no soul? Your caustic words are ripping me apart! Oh the agony! Your wit is too much for my fragile psyche.

It's proven that kind of language is the only one you get right.

JeetKuneDo said:
So...a character shouldn't talk during action scenes...and shouldn't talk between action scenes either. Gotcha.:up:

It was about time.

JeetKuneDo said:
Hmmm....I have to wonder how Hollywood has managed to wedge all that dialog into movies for the last 80 years or so. Just where are they finding appropriate places for characters to talk?

Huh? Are you pretending that sounds for real?

JeetKuneDo said:
Geniuses! Geniuses I say! They are doing the impossible! Characters in movies speaking real lines? (The crowd gasps) :eek:

King Kong speaks? Child mentality there.

Some characters don't have to speak.

You shouldn't for a starter.

JeetKuneDo said:
Ang Lee should bow down at the feet of Peter Jackson apparently. How Jackson managed to have Gollum talk is beyond all reason.

Beyond yours for sure.

Gollum speaks so... The Hulk must speak. Idiotic reasoning.

El Payaso said:
^that counts as an opinion? Man...I was hoping we would get a real one at some point.

Yep...my opinion that Ang Lee's Hulk sucked bawls is a very rare opinion. Why...all throughout the industry, it is considered a masterpiece. No one thinks it is his worst movie.

The movie is good and the Tv show was a success and it's successfully released on DVD after several petitions.

Your idiocy is not considered a proof of anything.
"Several petitions" eh? So the TV show was so hot that they rolled it out there as soon as they could print it.....or was it after "several petitions"?

I wonder where that TV show ranks among all the other TV DVD releases? About one millionth or so...just in front of "My Mother the Car" I guess.
It's proven that kind of language is the only one you get right.
(sob) There you go again...your cruelty is too much for me. After I finish this post, I am going to find a bridge to jump off...after smearing myself with shark-bait...and I will make "fish-in-distress" noises as I hit the water too.
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo
It was about time.
Hee hee...you really believe that characters in action movies shouldn't talk? Unconventional opinon there...
King Kong speaks? Child mentality there.

Some characters don't have to speak.

You shouldn't for a starter.
You big ole meanie. Your quick wit and matchless intellect are overwhelming me here. You mind if I write these classic lines down to use later to destroy my opponents in future debates? (Assuming this insult-fest could be called a "debate".)

You think King Kong has a child's mentality? Not an ape's mentality or anything...but a child's mentality? So you think Kong should talk like a child? Again...odd opinion. Seems right to me that an ape not speak. I didn't know apes could talk outside of "Planet of the Apes" movies. (Or cartoons.)

True, some characters don't have to speak. (Harpo Marx, King Kong) But most do. And speaking characters definitely have to speak. (Like the Hulk) If they are able to find places for Arnold to speak in Conan and Terminator, then there has to be some place the Hulk can speak. (And again...we are talking a character that is able to speak.)
Beyond yours for sure.

Gollum speaks so... The Hulk must speak. Idiotic reasoning.
Gollum is a character who is capable of speech. The Hulk is a character who is capable of speech.

Both were CGI creations. For my money, both were done equally well from a technical standpoint.

Yet...audiences thought Gollum looked "amazingly real" and the Hulk looked "fake".

Gollum looks "real" to movie-goers because he is a real character in the movie. He speaks, he feels, he fits in with the other characters. The audience doesn't notice he is CGI.

The Hulk does nothing when he isn't in action. He stands around and looks mournfully at other characters. The audience has nothing better to do but notice that he is a special effect because he isn't a part of the cast.

Now...I didn't pay everyone to be impressed with Gollum and snicker at the Hulk. That's just what happened. If you're ok with that, cool....but I would rather audiences not consider the Hulk a joke.

JeetKuneDo said:

hmmm...Gollum, lets see, looks like a ******, acts like a ******, doesnt look that imposing or fearce as Hulk. Hence why it worked for him, and wont for Hulk

Sava said:
hmmm...Gollum, lets see, looks like a ******, acts like a ******, doesnt look that imposing or fearce as Hulk. Hence why it worked for him, and wont for Hulk

Good point. Talking always makes you look less imposing. Anytime the Hulk talked in the comic he looked way less imposing. And those two words he said in the movie totally made him look like a wimp.
This space left blank so I'll look more imposing..
Hey!!! I think we just uncovered the reason Hulk failed! Those 4 words the title character said in the movie totally ruined it! How could the audience buy the fact that a huge green guy is imposing if he says stuff? (slaps forehead) Geez...what were they thinking?

JeetKuneDo said:
Good point. Talking always makes you look less imposing. Anytime the Hulk talked in the comic he looked way less imposing. And those two words he said in the movie totally made him look like a wimp.
This space left blank so I'll look more imposing..
Hey!!! I think we just uncovered the reason Hulk failed! Those 4 words the title character said in the movie totally ruined it! How could the audience buy the fact that a huge green guy is imposing if he says stuff? (slaps forehead) Geez...what were they thinking?

oh damn, then you must be right, a 15 ft tall guy saying s**t like "go away or Hulk will smash you" does sound great and people wont laugh at it :rolleyes:...

Sava said:
oh damn, then you must be right, a 15 ft tall guy saying s**t like "go away or Hulk will smash you" does sound great and people wont laugh at it :rolleyes:...

Gotta be better than how much they laughed at the mute version Ang put onscreen.

Having a character in a movie actually talk shouldn't be that hard to pull off. Word his dialog any way you want.

JeetKuneDo said:
Gotta be better than how much they laughed at the mute version Ang put onscreen.

Having a character in a movie actually talk shouldn't be that hard to pull off. Word his dialog any way you want.
stop acting like a prick, no, people didnt hate this movie, if you didnt like it, it doesnt mean everyone else did, stop acting like this movie bombed, it didnt, face it. This is not the worst movie in the world, alot of people liked it, you making this out to be the worst ever, just because they didnt do it in the movie doesnt mean it would have been any better, if you cant see that, then you really need to shut the f**k up. While we are at it, why dont we have Hulk acting all james bond like, i mean they didnt do it in the film, its MUST be better ... stupid s**t

Hulk shouldn't talk in third-person. Ever. It's a dated concept that only worked in the 70's because the main demographic of readers was children,and they could relate to Hulk's way of speech. Now? It's ******ed.

I say have him speak like a normal person would,but have him speak simple and short sentences. His actions speak for him,and Hulk never was much of a chatterbox.

JeetKuneDo said:
Yep...my opinion that Ang Lee's Hulk sucked bawls is a very rare opinion. Why...all throughout the industry, it is considered a masterpiece. No one thinks it is his worst movie.

So what if someone else thinks that way? You think you're the only ignorant idiot around?

JeetKuneDo said:

This is supposed to be funny?

Well, your 5 y.o. classmates will have fun.

JeetKuneDo said:
"Several petitions" eh? So the TV show was so hot that they rolled it out there as soon as they could print it.....or was it after "several petitions"?

Yes, as many 25+ years show it was after several petitions, just like I said.

JeetKuneDo said:
I wonder where that TV show ranks among all the other TV DVD releases? About one millionth or so...just in front of "My Mother the Car" I guess.

Link?

JeetKuneDo said:
(sob) There you go again...your cruelty is too much for me. After I finish this post, I am going to find a bridge to jump off...after smearing myself with shark-bait...and I will make "fish-in-distress" noises as I hit the water too.

Please, copy some jokes but never again create your own material. :o

JeetKuneDo said:
Hee hee...you really believe that characters in action movies shouldn't talk? Unconventional opinon there...

Hee hee...you really believe that characters in action movies should talk? Unconventional opinon there...

JeetKuneDo said:
You big ole meanie. Your quick wit and matchless intellect are overwhelming me here. You mind if I write these classic lines down to use later to destroy my opponents in future debates? (Assuming this insult-fest could be called a "debate".)

Considering you IQ, copying and pasting my lines is your best way.

JeetKuneDo said:
You think King Kong has a child's mentality? Not an ape's mentality or anything...but a child's mentality? So you think Kong should talk like a child? Again...odd opinion. Seems right to me that an ape not speak. I didn't know apes could talk outside of "Planet of the Apes" movies. (Or cartoons.)

Both Kong as the Hulk shouldn't talk. And for the same reasons.

JeetKuneDo said:
True, some characters don't have to speak. (Harpo Marx, King Kong) But most do. And speaking characters definitely have to speak. (Like the Hulk) If they are able to find places for Arnold to speak in Conan and Terminator, then there has to be some place the Hulk can speak. (And again...we are talking a character that is able to speak.)

Yes, Arnold, Conan, then Hulk. Admirable reasoning once again.

You are a character who shouldn't speak. For your own good.

JeetKuneDo said:
Gollum is a character who is capable of speech. The Hulk is a character who is capable of speech.

Because in the comcs he does? Well that's just a resource to keep readers amused. In screen it won't work.

JeetKuneDo said:
Yet...audiences thought Gollum looked "amazingly real" and the Hulk looked "fake".

Link?

JeetKuneDo said:
Gollum looks "real" to movie-goers because he is a real character in the movie. He speaks, he feels, he fits in with the other characters. The audience doesn't notice he is CGI.

No, audiences were saying 'Hey, where did they get this tiny actor with big eyes, I've never seen him before?'

JeetKuneDo said:
The Hulk does nothing when he isn't in action. He stands around and looks mournfully at other characters. The audience has nothing better to do but notice that he is a special effect because he isn't a part of the cast.

Funny how you type 'audiences' instead 'me and just me'.

You're incapable to watch a movie unless they're speaking at you all the time. just like a 2 y.o. kid.

JeetKuneDo said:
Now...I didn't pay everyone to be impressed with Gollum and snicker at the Hulk. That's just what happened. If you're ok with that, cool....but I would rather audiences not consider the Hulk a joke.

Talking Hulk is a joke.

Sava said:
stop acting like a prick, no, people didnt hate this movie, if you didnt like it, it doesnt mean everyone else did, stop acting like this movie bombed, it didnt, face it. This is not the worst movie in the world, alot of people liked it, you making this out to be the worst ever, just because they didnt do it in the movie doesnt mean it would have been any better, if you cant see that, then you really need to shut the f**k up. While we are at it, why dont we have Hulk acting all james bond like, i mean they didnt do it in the film, its MUST be better ... stupid s**t

O....kay....

You must have been on vacation in the mountains (I will resist the urge to insert a Brokeback joke here.) when the terrible word of mouth was going around after Hulk opened. Ever check out the drop from week 1 to week 2? It was epic. People were dying to go see it. It made like 80 mil the first weekend. But boy...did it die after that.

This movie is not close to being highly regarded. If it makes me a "prick" to say that out loud, so be it. But it is the absolute truth. The only character I can think of offhand who is less popular would be Jar-Jar Binks. (Ok...he actually makes the Ang Hulk look good.)

Nice straw man move there too. Of course I want the Hulk to talk like James Bond. Obviously since I want him to actually speak, that means I want him to talk like James Bond.

El Payaso said:
So what if someone else thinks that way? You think you're the only ignorant idiot around?
No...apparently there were millions of other "ignorant idiots" who thought "Hulk" was horrid. (The ole trusty, "The audience didn't like what I like...so the audience are morons" tactic, eh?)
This is supposed to be funny?
It's not? You mean....you weren't rolling on the floor laughing at it? Aww...geez...man... (Jeet kicks a clod of dirt in frustration)
Well, your 5 y.o. classmates will have fun.
They turned 5? They didn't even invite me to the party! I guess they heard about all your super-duper cool impressive insults toward me and decided I wasn't cool any more.
Yes, as many 25+ years show it was after several petitions, just like I said.
They rushed that one right out, didn't they? Did you know I own the complete Tick series? That 25 years went by quick for the Tick.
Please, copy some jokes but never again create your own material. :o
Me? Why I don't know what you mean. I would never presume to make jokes in the presence of a master such as yourself.
Hee hee...you really believe that characters in action movies should talk? Unconventional opinon there...
I know...crazy huh? Imagine a character in an action movie saying stuff. I'm just nuts that way.
Considering you IQ, copying and pasting my lines is your best way.
Thanks. I'm going to kill them with lines like "You have a low I.Q.!" and "You go to school with 5 year olds!". Ha ha ha...they will be helpless with material like that coming at them.
Both Kong as the Hulk shouldn't talk. And for the same reasons.
Because the Hulk is a giant ape? Or because Kong is a big green mutated human? Oh...my mistake...that's exactly the same.

You are a character who shouldn't speak. For your own good.
(Jeet writes furiously..."You should not ever speak because you are stupid and it's for your own good!" Jeet smiles knowingly and looks forward to using this unstoppable line.)
Because in the comcs he does? Well that's just a resource to keep readers amused. In screen it won't work.
And you know this because the last time the Hulk talked in a movie the audience ran out of the theater screaming obscenities. Yeah...that has always failed.
Oh...I forgot you were in the mountains when Hulk opened. I had no idea you were also on vacation there when Lord of the Rings was playing. Yes it's true...Gollum was considered "great CGI" and the Hulk was considered "bad CGI". I don't agree with that...but that's what people thought.
You're incapable to watch a movie unless they're speaking at you all the time. just like a 2 y.o. kid.
Straw man alert. Why yes...that's exactly what I said. I want the Hulk to speak every single second.
Talking Hulk is a joke.
Then what's the harm? The non-talking Hulk is considered a joke. What have we got to lose?

Sabretooth said:
Hulk shouldn't talk in third-person. Ever. It's a dated concept that only worked in the 70's because the main demographic of readers was children,and they could relate to Hulk's way of speech. Now? It's ******ed.

I say have him speak like a normal person would,but have him speak simple and short sentences. His actions speak for him,and Hulk never was much of a chatterbox.
That sounds pretty good. Anything to make the poor guy into something more than a walking special effect.

JeetKunedo, finally some commone sense on this board. You crack me up while making some very true observations.
It seems to be a losing battle with some people however, no matter what the FACTS may reveal.
What's interesting is how much some people FIGHT to essentially go away from the thing they supposedly like.
These people here are so called Hulk fans (at least I assume they are) and yet they argue and fight AGAINST the very thing that makes the character the HULK.
You are dead on. why/how did they become fans of the character in the first place if they thought those aspects of the Hulk were so bad?
I love it when they say "it works in the comics but not in the movies". HOW DO THEY KNOW? and why wouldn't it?, given that faithfull comics to movies have worked very well and have been VERY WELL accepted by the general public. The arguments they come up with NEVER cease to amaze me in their stupidity.

Why would a Hulk fan argue AGAINST the Hulk Talking?...., when the HULK in fact TALKS! (did they not read the comics at all)

why would they argue that he should be 15' tall? whe HE ISN'T and never has been? (would they also fight as hard fo 30 feet or 60 feet?)

why would they WANT another origin story (especially when the replacement is a boring mess which most people HATED),..WHY? WHY? WHY?

I don't get it.

THEN, in addition to the fact that they want to go away from the character, even AFTER these replacements have CLEARLY NOT worked,....why are they here arguing and attacking us for pointing this out and asking for Hollywood to STAY FAITHFULL TO THE CHARACTER.

I just don't get it.

With mixed reactions throughout this thread, I'll just say that it took too long for the Hulk to get going and that turned away people. Personally, I didn't mind it and it's still my favorite movie, but the Hulk could have appeared earlier.

But for special effects, great fight scenes with the Hulk, the look of the Hulk (CGI), it's as great as it comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"