Hey You Hulk Movie fans please don't ruin the sequel

JeetKuneDo said:
No...apparently there were millions of other "ignorant idiots" who thought "Hulk" was horrid. (The ole trusty, "The audience didn't like what I like...so the audience are morons" tactic, eh?)

Millions? Any link?

(The ole "audiences didn't like it, therefore that's an absolute truth", eh?)

JeetKuneDo said:
They turned 5? They didn't even invite me to the party! I guess they heard about all your super-duper cool impressive insults toward me and decided I wasn't cool any more.

So you're impopular.

JeetKuneDo said:
They rushed that one right out, didn't they? Did you know I own the complete Tick series? That 25 years went by quick for the Tick.

Good for no one.

JeetKuneDo said:
Me? Why I don't know what you mean. I would never presume to make jokes in the presence of a master such as yourself.

Then don't.

JeetKuneDo said:
I know...crazy huh? Imagine a character in an action movie saying stuff. I'm just nuts that way.

Totally. Bruce Lee going, 'Bruce will defeat you with my roundhouse kick', 'Bruce is beating all of you opuny ninjas'.

JeetKuneDo said:
Thanks. I'm going to kill them with lines like "You have a low I.Q.!" and "You go to school with 5 year olds!". Ha ha ha...they will be helpless with material like that coming at them.

You misquote. Execute yourself for your own good.

JeetKuneDo said:
Because the Hulk is a giant ape? Or because Kong is a big green mutated human? Oh...my mistake...that's exactly the same.

Same kind of character, send a telegram saying that to your brain.

JeetKuneDo said:
(Jeet writes furiously..."You should not ever speak because you are stupid and it's for your own good!" Jeet smiles knowingly and looks forward to using this unstoppable line.)

You're right. It doesn't work in you.

JeetKuneDo said:
And you know this because the last time the Hulk talked in a movie the audience ran out of the theater screaming obscenities. Yeah...that has always failed.

Never happened.

No one ever has thought that a talking Hulk is a good idea on big screen.

JeetKuneDo said:
Oh...I forgot you were in the mountains when Hulk opened. I had no idea you were also on vacation there when Lord of the Rings was playing. Yes it's true...Gollum was considered "great CGI" and the Hulk was considered "bad CGI". I don't agree with that...but that's what people thought.

Link?

JeetKuneDo said:
Straw man alert. Why yes...that's exactly what I said. I want the Hulk to speak every single second.

Yes, when he is fighting and when he's not.

Your own words.

JeetKuneDo said:
Then what's the harm? The non-talking Hulk is considered a joke. What have we got to lose?

The character's dignity.

HoratioRome said:
JeetKunedo, finally some commone sense on this board. You crack me up while making some very true observations.
It seems to be a losing battle with some people however, no matter what the FACTS may reveal.

What do the facts reveal about a talking Hulk specificly?

HoratioRome said:
What's interesting is how much some people FIGHT to essentially go away from the thing they supposedly like.

HoratioRome said:
These people here are so called Hulk fans (at least I assume they are) and yet they argue and fight AGAINST the very thing that makes the character the HULK.

Talking makes the Hulk the Hulk?

HoratioRome said:
You are dead on. why/how did they become fans of the character in the first place if they thought those aspects of the Hulk were so bad?

Because the character is much morethan a couple of details.

You think following blindly the comics detals makes you a fan?

HoratioRome said:
I love it when they say "it works in the comics but not in the movies". HOW DO THEY KNOW? and why wouldn't it?, given that faithfull comics to movies have worked very well and have been VERY WELL accepted by the general public. The arguments they come up with NEVER cease to amaze me in their stupidity.

It doesn't require a big brain that having a green CGI giant talking with a low voice as a baby would be ridiculous.

HoratioRome said:
Why would a Hulk fan argue AGAINST the Hulk Talking?...., when the HULK in fact TALKS! (did they not read the comics at all)

And he was grey at first and he turned into the Hulk because of the nightfall, then because of raging then it was controlled by Rick, etc etc.

And all of this big mess just in the first 5 issues.

Any of that crap you like to be in the movies just because it was on comics?

HoratioRome said:
why would they argue that he should be 15' tall? whe HE ISN'T and never has been? (would they also fight as hard fo 30 feet or 60 feet?)

I have seen that giant Hulk on comics.

HoratioRome said:
why would they WANT another origin story (especially when the replacement is a boring mess which most people HATED),..WHY? WHY? WHY?

Because the original one was a big mess as I told you.

HoratioRome said:
I don't get it.

We know.

HoratioRome said:
THEN, in addition to the fact that they want to go away from the character, even AFTER these replacements have CLEARLY NOT worked,....why are they here arguing and attacking us for pointing this out and asking for Hollywood to STAY FAITHFULL TO THE CHARACTER.

Again, what mess of the comic would you love to see on the screen?

HoratioRome said:
I just don't get it.

Just don't blame the world for that.

JeetKuneDo said:
O....kay....

You must have been on vacation in the mountains (I will resist the urge to insert a Brokeback joke here.) when the terrible word of mouth was going around after Hulk opened. Ever check out the drop from week 1 to week 2? It was epic. People were dying to go see it. It made like 80 mil the first weekend. But boy...did it die after that.

This movie is not close to being highly regarded. If it makes me a "prick" to say that out loud, so be it. But it is the absolute truth. The only character I can think of offhand who is less popular would be Jar-Jar Binks. (Ok...he actually makes the Ang Hulk look good.)

Nice straw man move there too. Of course I want the Hulk to talk like James Bond. Obviously since I want him to actually speak, that means I want him to talk like James Bond.

oh please, the drop was a huge f**k up by Universal, they knew the type of film they had in their hands and they still went the spidey route with the marketing. The only reason you keep saying the people didnt like Hulk was because of the second week drop, it made back its budget, hell, Hulk as a character made 820mill in 03 alone, that proves that he isnt hated, that proves that you dont know s**t about anything. How the f**k can Hulk make 820 mill and not be highly regarded? the critics didnt hate it, the people sure as hell didnt, remember, these are the same people that made Titanic the #1 film ever and ask anyone now what they think about it, they'll say they hate it, these are the same people that made Raging Bull a flop, yet now its considered a masterpiece. People's opinions change, all the bad mouth Hulk got was from crappy marketing by Universal and the work print leak.

HoratioRome said:
What's interesting is how much some people FIGHT to essentially go away from the thing they supposedly like.
These people here are so called Hulk fans (at least I assume they are) and yet they argue and fight AGAINST the very thing that makes the character the HULK.

I love it when they say "it works in the comics but not in the movies". HOW DO THEY KNOW? and why wouldn't it?, given that faithfull comics to movies have worked very well and have been VERY WELL accepted by the general public. The arguments they come up with NEVER cease to amaze me in their stupidity.

Why would a Hulk fan argue AGAINST the Hulk Talking?...., when the HULK in fact TALKS! (did they not read the comics at all)

why would they argue that he should be 15' tall? whe HE ISN'T and never has been? (would they also fight as hard fo 30 feet or 60 feet?)

why would they WANT another origin story (especially when the replacement is a boring mess which most people HATED),..WHY? WHY? WHY?

I don't get it.

THEN, in addition to the fact that they want to go away from the character, even AFTER these replacements have CLEARLY NOT worked,....why are they here arguing and attacking us for pointing this out and asking for Hollywood to STAY FAITHFULL TO THE CHARACTER.

I just don't get it.

Me either Horatio (Hellpop) is that you?

What makes me madder than hell is FF, Punisher and even DD fan are talking about what they'll see in the next movie. Us Hulk fans are waiting for the DVD release of the TV show.

OH I forgot. We're the "SO Called" Hulk fans Horatio, because we don't suppot the movie.

HoratioRome said:
JeetKunedo, finally some commone sense on this board. You crack me up while making some very true observations.
It seems to be a losing battle with some people however, no matter what the FACTS may reveal.
You are dead on. why/how did they become fans of the character in the first place if they thought those aspects of the Hulk were so bad?

I don't get it.

I just don't get it.

1) i'm not saying that Hulk souldnt talk, just not the way he does in the comics

2) Just because Ang's origin (even though the guy didnt have any input in it) didnt work well, it doesnt meant that going back to the comic book origin would work any better, really, the comic book origin is a little crazy and unbelievable.

3) the size thing was all f**ked up, that was a big mistake by them, even though they were trying to do the right thing.

4) just because i dont like the way Hulk talks make me a lesser fan than you?

Sava said:
1) i'm not saying that Hulk souldnt talk, just not the way he does in the comics

It's not baby talk. The reason the Hulk talks the way the Hulk talks is because Baners brain is clouded. At first He couldn't get the words out. As the Hulk persona took over more and more The Hulk would talk more to express what he was feeling. The Hulk has emotions beleive it or not. Why do you think he get madder and madder? But he is child like in his expression of his emotions. When he doesn't get his way he gets mad. Does anyone think it sounded stupid when the Hulk said "Punny Human" or "Talke it All" ? No. All Hulk fans cheered. Even though it is hard for the Hulk to think and talk, he wants to fit into a world where he doesn't. So he trys to talk the best he can. This comes across as baby talk but it's really the best he can do with Banners clouded brain.

Sava said:
2) Just because Ang's origin (even though the guy didnt have any input in it) didnt work well, it doesnt meant that going back to the comic book origin would work any better, really, the comic book origin is a little crazy and unbelievable.

The comic origin (just the Gamma Bomb not issue #1) would have cut 20 minutes off the film which could have been replaced with more Hulk. :D

Sava said:

I know you're a fan Sava. I take exception to the one who said something along the lines of " No true Hulk fan would bash the movie." Sheeesh!!! To me the movie was just another issue of the Hulk. A different book even. I have a few hundred Hulk comic. I don't like every issue or incarnation. :eek:

HoratioRome said:

I don't get it.

I just don't get it.

I just assumed they were not fans of the Hulk. I figured they must be fans of the movie.
The movie was worlds better than the TV show....that much should be pointed out. The Hulk was as strong as he is supposed to be. (Ever see the TV "Hulk" strain to lift a car? That was ridiculous.) He finally got his leaping power instead of just jogging off at the end of action scenes. (And because of the TV show, some people thought it was "wrong" for the Hulk to leap great distances.)

To me, there are a few essential elements to the Hulk. His strength, his appearance (green of course...and larger than a normal person...but not Mighty Joe Young size), and his childish intellect (which is conveyed by his manner of speaking). The movie only got one of those things right. (the appearance was perfect the first time the Hulk appeared...before he got too big.)

The movie is considered a failure despite denials from the vocal minority. So it stands to reason that staying more true to the character is worth trying if a sequel is ever made. (Which is iffy at this point thanks to Ang Lee.)

rodhulk said:
But for special effects, great fight scenes with the Hulk, the look of the Hulk (CGI), it's as great as it comes.
True. Those desert scenes are some of the best action scenes ever filmed for my money. That was pure comic-book Hulk. (And not surprising that those are the scenes that are most popular from that movie.)

Nothing wrong with the CGI either. There just needs to be more going on with the character to make him seem more real.

Cracker Jack said:
What makes me madder than hell is FF, Punisher and even DD fan are talking about what they'll see in the next movie.

Are you suggesting you rather have a piece of sh^t for a movie just like FF, DD and Punisher were? Anything just for the fact of people 'talking' of a sequel? Would that really make you feel any better?

Cracker Jack said:
OH I forgot. We're the "SO Called" Hulk fans Horatio, because we don't suppot the movie.

Don't forget we're called "NON Hulk" fans because we do support the movie.

How much sense does that make?

Cracker Jack said:
It's not baby talk. The reason the Hulk talks the way the Hulk talks is because Baners brain is clouded. At first He couldn't get the words out. As the Hulk persona took over more and more The Hulk would talk more to express what he was feeling. The Hulk has emotions beleive it or not. Why do you think he get madder and madder? But he is child like in his expression of his emotions. When he doesn't get his way he gets mad. Does anyone think it sounded stupid when the Hulk said "Punny Human" or "Talke it All" ? No. All Hulk fans cheered. Even though it is hard for the Hulk to think and talk, he wants to fit into a world where he doesn't. So he trys to talk the best he can. This comes across as baby talk but it's really the best he can do with Banners clouded brain.
I'm with you on that, Hulk's way of speaking and thinking is child like, and when he spoke in the movie and said "punny Human", i swear my heart skiped a beat, i didnt expect Hulk to talk at all and my god was it perfect and so was "take it all". Have him speak like a child, have him act like a child, just not talk in third person. IMO, if he talked in third person, it would take the seriousness out of what he says.

Cracker Jack said:
The comic origin (just the Gamma Bomb not issue #1) would have cut 20 minutes off the film which could have been replaced with more Hulk. :D
I agree that the Gamma origin would have been great to watch on the big screen, still they would have had to do something to explain why he survives, and all the stuff before with David experimenting on himself and so on.

Cracker Jack said:
I know you're a fan Sava. I take exception to the one who said something along the lines of " No true Hulk fan would bash the movie." Sheeesh!!! To me the movie was just another issue of the Hulk. A different book even. I have a few hundred Hulk comic. I don't like every issue or incarnation. :eek:
people these days eh? ;)

El Payaso said:
Millions? Any link?

(The ole "audiences didn't like it, therefore that's an absolute truth", eh?)
You need a "link" to know what people were saying about the Hulk movie? How long were you in the mountains anyway?
So you're impopular.
Yes I'm...."im"popular. :confused:
Totally. Bruce Lee going, 'Bruce will defeat you with my roundhouse kick', 'Bruce is beating all of you opuny ninjas'.
Straw man alert again. Why yes...because I want the Hulk to talk like...the Hulk...that means I want every action hero to talk like the Hulk.
You misquote. Execute yourself for your own good.
Gold! Gold I say! (Jeet writes down the brilliant comeback)
Same kind of character, send a telegram saying that to your brain.
True...a giant ape (a non-talking species) is exactly the same as a mutated human being (a talking species). (And keep in mind that we are talking about the character talking here.)
You're right. It doesn't work in you.
Pure gold! (Jeet continues to fill up the massive notebook full of El Payaso witticisms.)
Never happened.
No one ever has thought that a talking Hulk is a good idea on big screen.
You mean...no one has ever made a movie with a talking Hulk? You mean that saying a talking Hulk would look stupid onscreen is an opinion based on nothing? Interesting.
www.youarestupid.com You really weren't around when audiences were gushing over Gollum and saying the Hulk looked fake? I don't know what to tell you, dude. Too many mountain vacations.
Yes, when he is fighting and when he's not.

Your own words.
Which means "every second" right? Straw man....
The character's dignity.
A talking Hulk would be a real character in the movie...which would automatically give him more dignity than Ang Lee's walking special effect.

Talking makes the Hulk the Hulk?

Because the character is much morethan a couple of details.

You think following blindly the comics detals makes you a fan?

It doesn't require a big brain that having a green CGI giant talking with a low voice as a baby would be ridiculous.

And he was grey at first and he turned into the Hulk because of the nightfall, then because of raging then it was controlled by Rick, etc etc.

And all of this big mess just in the first 5 issues.

Any of that crap you like to be in the movies just because it was on comics?

I have seen that giant Hulk on comics.

Because the original one was a big mess as I told you.

We know.

Again, what mess of the comic would you love to see on the screen?

Just don't blame the world for that.[/quote]

Sava said:
oh please, the drop was a huge f**k up by Universal, they knew the type of film they had in their hands and they still went the spidey route with the marketing. The only reason you keep saying the people didnt like Hulk was because of the second week drop, it made back its budget, hell, Hulk as a character made 820mill in 03 alone, that proves that he isnt hated, that proves that you dont know s**t about anything. How the f**k can Hulk make 820 mill and not be highly regarded? the critics didnt hate it, the people sure as hell didnt, remember, these are the same people that made Titanic the #1 film ever and ask anyone now what they think about it, they'll say they hate it, these are the same people that made Raging Bull a flop, yet now its considered a masterpiece. People's opinions change, all the bad mouth Hulk got was from crappy marketing by Universal and the work print leak.

Hold on...hold on. I really have to know:

Do you really believe the Hulk movie was a success? Do you really believe it is highly regarded in the industry? Do you really not know it is considered Lee's worst movie?

I think you must be faking this for the sake of this argument. There is no way you can not know this stuff.

Sava said:

3) the size thing was all f**ked up, that was a big mistake by them, even though they were trying to do the right thing.

Now I'm starting to think I don't disagree with you all that much. I agree the comic origin would not work for me in a movie. It needs updating.

The exact words the Hulk uses isn't vital....just that he is allowed to communicate and be a real character in the movie.

El Payaso said:
Are you suggesting you rather have a piece of sh^t for a movie just like FF, DD and Punisher were? Anything just for the fact of people 'talking' of a sequel? Would that really make you feel any better?

What was wrong with the FF movie? I thought it was awesome. Audiences loved it. The sequel is on the fast track because people want to see it. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a 3rd one.

DD and Punisher were ok too. I wouldn't mind a sequel to either one. I own DD.

JeetKuneDo said:
Hold on...hold on. I really have to know:

Do you really believe the Hulk movie was a success? Do you really believe it is highly regarded in the industry? Do you really not know it is considered Lee's worst movie?

I think you must be faking this for the sake of this argument. There is no way you can not know this stuff.
it was a success, it made money for both Universal and Marvel. Its much highly regarded now than it was when it first came out, this shows that people are coming around to it, it got unfairly criticized when it first came out. Lee worst film would be Ice storm and Ride with the Decvil, both were flops in the BO

Sava said:
I'm with you on that, Hulk's way of speaking and thinking is child like, and when he spoke in the movie and said "punny Human", i swear my heart skiped a beat, i didnt expect Hulk to talk at all and my god was it perfect and so was "take it all". Have him speak like a child, have him act like a child, just not talk in third person. IMO, if he talked in third person, it would take the seriousness out of what he says.
I don't think it would bother me if he talked in third person any more than Gollum's or Yoda's way of speaking bothered me. "Good it will be!" "It's the precious!"

Now if it spills over into Jar-Jar territory, then we have a problem.

JeetKuneDo said:
Now I'm starting to think I don't disagree with you all that much. I agree the comic origin would not work for me in a movie. It needs updating.

The exact words the Hulk uses isn't vital....just that he is allowed to communicate and be a real character in the movie.
Him talking was not what i object against, its him talking in third person, have him talk like a kid act like a kid, throw temper tantrums and stuff like that.

JeetKuneDo said:
I don't think it would bother me if he talked in third person any more than Gollum's or Yoda's way of speaking bothered me. "Good it will be!" "It's the precious!"

Now if it spills over into Jar-Jar territory, then we have a problem.
lol.. i hate Star wars and Yoda with a passion ;)

JeetKuneDo said:
Now I'm starting to think I don't disagree with you all that much. I agree the comic origin would not work for me in a movie. It needs updating..

How so? How would you "Update it?" By reading your post I was led to believe that you know about the Hulk. The Hulks birth place was Gamma Base and the detonation of The Gamma Bomb. Everyone has a Hulk inside of them, waiting to be released. It just a matter of it being released. In Banners case it was being pelted by Gamma rays. The Hulk is a manifestation of the Gamma Bomb. The rage and the fury of the bomb is directly reflected in who The Hulk is. Just like the Gamma Bomb, The Hulk can and does destroy things but never kills. The power and force of the Gamma Bomb can not be contained or controlled. No one knows exactly how powerful the Gamma Bomb. Does that sound familiar? A Gamma Bomb with legs. That is exactly what the Hulk is. This is how Lee and Kirby described The Incredible Hulk origin. I have no problem with updating the origin as long as the characters and the substance of the inital story remain intact.

What we got was a "What if?" version ("What if...Bruce's Father Created THE HULK???").

Sava, agree that the Gamma origin would have been great to watch on the big screen, still they would have had to do something to explain why he survives, and all the stuff before with David experimenting on himself and so on.

You see, that's the mystery of The Hulk? "how did he survive the Gamma blast?" What makes him turn into The Hulk. In "The Monster's Analyst" (Hulk #227) the idea that The Hulk is subconsciously connected to Bruce's past amd that his father was somehow envolved. The mystery and drama of the Hulk was derived from the fact that Bruce really had no idea why he would become this creature. It is Bruce's "normality" which made the Hulk such a mystery ("Where does he comes from? Why did I survive? How do I get cured?"), and it is in fact the mystery which is the basis of the Hulk.

Thanks to Scandy of HM.com for his insight.

Cracker Jack said:
You see, that's the mystery of The Hulk? "how did he survive the Gamma blast?" What makes him turn into The Hulk. In "The Monster's Analyst" (Hulk #227) the idea that The Hulk is subconsciously connected to Bruce's past amd that his father was somehow envolved. The mystery and drama of the Hulk was derived from the fact that Bruce really had no idea why he would become this creature. It is Bruce's "normality" which made the Hulk such a mystery ("Where does he comes from? Why did I survive? How do I get cured?"), and it is in fact the mystery which is the basis of the Hulk.
i think the way you say it, it would make a good film, the film could start out like in the comic book, right at the gamma bomb experiment and Bruce wanting to understand why or how he survived, and then we get the action mixed in with the background story, maybe Bruce finding out that both his parents are dead, finding out that David killed his mother, that he was there, and so on

Cracker Jack said:
Me either Horatio (Hellpop) is that you?

What makes me madder than hell is FF, Punisher and even DD fan are talking about what they'll see in the next movie. Us Hulk fans are waiting for the DVD release of the TV show.

Hey Cracker Jack, good to hear from you. Another person with good common sense on this thread.:up:
Oh nad yes, it's me Hellpop

Cracker Jack said:
How so? How would you "Update it?" By reading your post I was led to believe that you know about the Hulk. The Hulks birth place was Gamma Base and the detonation of The Gamma Bomb. Everyone has a Hulk inside of them, waiting to be released. It just a matter of it being released. In Banners case it was being pelted by Gamma rays. The Hulk is a manifestation of the Gamma Bomb. The rage and the fury of the bomb is directly reflected in who The Hulk is. Just like the Gamma Bomb, The Hulk can and does destroy things but never kills. The power and force of the Gamma Bomb can not be contained or controlled. No one knows exactly how powerful the Gamma Bomb. Does that sound familiar? A Gamma Bomb with legs. That is exactly what the Hulk is. This is how Lee and Kirby described The Incredible Hulk origin. I have no problem with updating the origin as long as the characters and the substance of the inital story remain intact.

What we got was a "What if?" version ("What if...Bruce's Father Created THE HULK???").

Good way to put it. "What if" the Hulk grew to 15 feet tall? "What if" the Hulk all but forgot how to talk?

The more I think about it, the more the original story might work. I was concerned that a "Gamma bomb" would put question marks over everyone's head in the audience...but a good script could explain what a Gamma bomb is in a few minutes. It wouldn't even have to make a lot of sense...just be a new kind of bomb that Bruce was working on. The one possible problem might be the "bomb" part. Would that work in today's climate? Maybe a new source of energy that would replace oil instead of a bomb?

Sava said:
and the question would be why not? just because YOU don't like third person speech, that doens't make it bad. I would agree with you that it would have to be handled carefully (because it can easily sound silly) but if done well there would be no problem with it at all.
here I would have to ask, how did you become a Hulk fan if you thought the origin was "crazy and Unbelievable"? BTW this "crazy" origin has lasted over 30 years. It happens to work for some specific reasons (most of which were stated earlier byt cracker Jack). and it is no less believable than the crap in Ang's Hulk.
ok well at least we're getting somewhere. Heck Arad had to admit THAT one.
well in a way it kinda does because it means you're not THAT happy with the character as he IS. IOW, you may like the Hulk, but you don't like him THAT much because you have some major problems with him. His origin, his speech, and so on and so on. These issues, like it or not, distance your connection with the character.

Others who DON"t have those issues, who actually LOVE the origin, love the way he speaks, and love the character completely are a little closer and are therefore MORE of a fan than you are. get it?

JeetKuneDo said:
I just assumed they were not fans of the Hulk. I figured they must be fans of the movie.
The movie was worlds better than the TV show....that much should be pointed out. The Hulk was as strong as he is supposed to be. (Ever see the TV "Hulk" strain to lift a car? That was ridiculous.) He finally got his leaping power instead of just jogging off at the end of action scenes. (And because of the TV show, some people thought it was "wrong" for the Hulk to leap great distances.)

To me, there are a few essential elements to the Hulk. His strength, his appearance (green of course...and larger than a normal person...but not Mighty Joe Young size), and his childish intellect (which is conveyed by his manner of speaking). The movie only got one of those things right. (the appearance was perfect the first time the Hulk appeared...before he got too big.)

The movie is considered a failure despite denials from the vocal minority. So it stands to reason that staying more true to the character is worth trying if a sequel is ever made. (Which is iffy at this point thanks to Ang Lee.)

totally agree that the movie was WORLDS better than that TV show.
in addition to the essential elements you wrote I would add,
his origin is essential to the Hulk (cracker jack explains why in his post).
the relationships (like Rick Jones) are important because those characters give him a voice he could never have himself. (kind of like the girl had for King Kong). They also help to flesh out the Hulk's true feelings.
the idea of resisting abuse, the "LEAVE HULK ALONE" "I'm not gonna take this anymore" aspect of the character is also very important and perhaps is the best way to connect the audience to the character. As craker said we all have a Hulk inside of us.

HoratioRome said:
Hey Cracker Jack, good to hear from you. Another person with good common sense on this thread.:up:
Oh nad yes, it's me Hellpop

I thought that was you. Good to hear from you as well. I thought you fell off the end of the earth. I haven't heard from you (AT HULKMOVIE.COM) since around June 20, 2003. :eek: LOL. What do you think, Re-start or sequel?

Sava said:

I agree that the Gamma origin would have been great to watch on the big screen, still they would have had to do something to explain why he survives, and all the stuff before with David experimenting on himself and so on.

people these days eh? ;)

sava I'm glad you're open to some of these ideas. look the fact of the matter is just as your heart skipped a beat when you heard the Hulk speak, your heart would be doing a whole dance if you saw on screen what you KNEW in your heart was true.

done well, that origin story, with the explosion, the power it reflected, the selflessness of Banner in saving Rick, the drama etc. would BLOW YOU AWAY. trust me on this one.

Done well, the Hulk speaking, even in the third person, would have added so much more depth to the character that you would have had a heart attack.

I think we may be closer on this than we think. We are NOT here to bash the movie. we are hear to praise and respect the magic, the beauty, and the success of the comics. We want to take what has worked for THIRTY years and give it a chance to be scene by this generation.

Spider-man has done it with his movies, we just want the same for the Hulk. Stick to what has worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"