History Channel's 'Vikings' - Part 1

Is anyone else excited for this? I keep seeing the ads on TV and it looks pretty good! From Wikipedia:

Filmed in Ireland, the series is inspired by the epic saga of Viking King Ragnar Lothbrok.[3] One of the most popular Norse heroes, Ragnar was a great Viking commander and the scourge of France and England. Vikings will premiere on March 3, 2013

If you haven't see the trailer you can check it out [YT]7rcozIVtujw[/YT] (Even now I can't work out how to embed videos in a post) I'm really looking forward to this series!

Hell yeah!!! That was awesome! Also, am i wrong or did that girl give him an erection? And how naive was Ubbe? Of course the Saxons are not just gonna roll over and make peace. I also think they should flesh out Hitsvek more. Even Siggurd had more personailty than him. I Can't wait for the Heahmund vs ivar battle though. That staredown was epic.

Indeed.

Another excellent episode. This season has been so strong.

I loved seeing Sicily and I'm intrigued by Kasia and her relationship with Euphemius.

Lagertha being aware that Ubbe and Margarethe are thinking of double-crossing her was cool. Their alliance vs Harald could end in so many ways.

The cliffhanger promises great things. The Saxons need to stop underestimating the heathens.

I think the bishop had a crises of faith when he saw the inside of the church. Like he couldn't understand why God allowed the Vikings to desecrate the holy place. That on top of the heathens winning a battle and outsmarting them he's got to be wondering why his God is allowing this to happen.

So did the Vikings escape through the old Roman sewers under York?

What. The. Actual. ****...

1422.gif

Pretty good episode, my fave of Season 5. Looks like we have a new take on the Ragnar/ Athelstan relationship!

I take it you talking about the she is not a she scene?

No the canibalism scene. That nun and her beau are bat****.

The male consort and Bjorn and Halfdan's reaction was actually pretty funny.

Tastes like chicken! :p

No the canibalism scene. That nun and her beau are bat****.

The male consort and Bjorn and Halfdan's reaction was actually pretty funny.

Amazing how there was a scene with cannibalism in it yet people weren't sure what grossed you out! :funny:

I loved Bjoern's "We aren't very good bodyguards, are we?" plus his and Halfdan's reactions to the transvestite.

This season has really sucked me in after last season disappointed me. Killing off the lead and focusing on his sons has breathed new life into the show.

this show has come a long way. It's basically History Channel's The Walking Dead. They are gonna pimp this out for years to come.

Only if they can find riveting characters. It's been going slightly downhill since Ragnar is gone. :(

Ragnar was wearing on me by the end. It seemed like he was depressed, longed for death, and the other characters resented him. I don't care for characters like that and am pleased that we've finally moved on.

I felt bad for Astrid yesterday. I had to turn the channel when they were about to gang rape her.

I wish Bjorn & Co had spend more time in Arabia.

same here. that was a season of potential stories to tell.

so what's the history on Ivar and his brothers? he seems to have a larger significance than the others.

I felt bad for Astrid yesterday. I had to turn the channel when they were about to gang rape her.

I thought it was unwise of her to trust some fisherman she'd never met. She didn't deserve for it to turn out so terribly, of course.

I think Floki's gonna be killed by the disappointed settlers.

Floki's gotten way too crazy for my tastes, and he's taking up screen time that could be spent on any number of other more important characters. He was only important as a ship builder and as Ragnar's possessive friend. Ragnar is dead and Floki doesnt build ships anymore so it's time to kill him.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Floki dying and Lagertha, too. Time for the younger generation to take over.

I also hope this isn't the last we've seen of Bjoern in Africa, otherwise that was a wasted subplot. I want him to return and wreak vengeance on Kasia and ZA.

This season started out strong but it has been dwindling a bit in these last few episodes. The Floki's storyline lacks conflict. I don't mind him being crazy pagan guru, he was always a bit crazy and a pagan fundamentalist but there's not much going on in Iceland. I hardly recognize Lagertha this season, she's too cold to her friends and family and not ruthless enough to her enemies. Bjorn leaving the mediterranean premarturely again is a bit dissapointing.

But i'm really enjoying Ivar's adventure and him abducting the bishop. It reminds me of the Ragnar and Athelstan situation only Ivar and Heahmund will probably hate each other after all this.

Ivar/Bishop are in full hatemance :)
I hope Ivar get humbled at one point, he is way too cocky and full of himself.

I also do not like Lagertha this season. I've always liked her character, and she's always seemed strong and pretty smart, but the showrunners and writers have pretty much committed character assassination. Ever since she murdered Aslaug she's been blind, foolish, weak, and verging on annoying. She was a jarl and had power for many years and knows how to rule effectively so it doesnt make any sense for her to suddenly become so damn foolish and ineffective when shew starts ruling Kattergat. Her character deserved better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"