History Channel's 'Vikings' - Part 1

I don't foresee Ubber's ex-slave wife lasting another season. She's not a cunning schemer like most of the power players on the show.

I'll bet Margarethe is responsible for killing Lagertha but is then killed or mutilated and resold into slavery by Torvi in revenge.

Margarethe is a dollar store brand Aslaug with delusions of grandeur. I suspect she'll stab Lagertha but the idea of Margarethe killing Lagertha, an accomplished shield maiden, is infuriating.

I don't think Margarethe will kill Lagertha herself, but I can see her somehow betraying Lagertha, leading to the latter's death.

I can see Margarethe stabbing Lagertha when her guard is down. Maybe during or after battle when she is distracted by other enemies. Either that or Ubba will run Lagertha through in the heat of battle.

I'm not sure about Halfdan. I want to believe he is truly loyal to Bjorn, but it's easy to swear an oath of loyalty. It's harder to stare his brother in the face and try to kill him. I worry Halfdan will cave and go over to his brother's side or betray Bjorn and kill him.

The seer specifically said that one of Ragnar's sons will kill Lagertha. So we can rest assured that it won't be Margrette. Though she could put Ubbe up to it. I don't want Laggy to die though but it's inevitable. She has lost too many steps.

There seems to be a trend on this show of age/weariness catching up to you eventually. By the end, even Ragnar felt like a shell of his former self, and death was the inevitable consequence. They might be going down the same route with Lagertha (she does seem to not be as sharp as she used to be). So someone might not have to be truly formidable to kill her, they just need to wait for the right moment.

The show spent so much time playing up the groups of brothers meeting in battle only to have none of them actually fight one another.

Yeah, it really slowed things down. :(

I cant believe how many commercial breaks history channel crammed into that battle. Way to ruin the tension and pace!:cmad:

I watch on dvr, I could never do these shows live. :down

I watch it on dvr too. Having to fast forward through commercials kills the tension and pace as effectively as watching the commercials.

What was Ivar's goal to accept the peace offer and then drop it at next meeting. I thought it was a trick to give time to his army to take Kattegat but no. It served no purpose.

To drag out the episode? If that was the case it worked. :(

Ivar was trolling the others, I guess. Obviously it was done to pad out the episode, which mostly was pure filler. Filler that didn't even pay off since none of the combatants even met on the battlefield.

So far Ivar's trollings served a purpose and were parts of his plans.
I guess the writers start to come short of ideas.
I'm not disappointed that the brothers didn't fight each other right away, that will come later, I hope.

I guess he just wanted to humiliate Ubbe. His speech about how Ubbe used to have to take care of him kind of retroactively puts another layer of context to his resentment towards his brothers and why he enjoyed lording over Ubbe during the attacks on Wessex.

Maybe but he could have done that in one meeting. I also didn't find Ubbe humiliated by him.
Well, the ninja Inuit(?) were cool :)

what's up with the brother who chose Ivar? does he have any characterization or simply is just a "follower"

did he ever say why he chose Ivar over Ubbe?

I think Hvitserk said something about Ubbe treating him like a pet dog. He clearly wants to be a leader; he probably figured he'd easily dominate his crippled younger brother and is frustrated that he's been sidelined again.

This battle was obviously a warming up. Or at least i hope so. I found Ivar to be a bit out of character during the battle. I don't think he's the guy to hang back protecting the ships while the others are on the frontlines. Also, i found it weird that he didn't have a plan. Bjorn actually outsmarted him which should've surprised him because he thinks Bjorn is an idiot.

I'm interested in what's going to happen to Heahmund. I really enjoy his scenes with Ivar and i hope the two will reunite again before the season is over.

I agree with you guys about the commercial breaks. I'm in America now and i watched Vikings live on History for the first time. Never again!!!

This whole episode felt like the writers realized they didn't have enough material for ten episodes so they whipped something up at the last minute. They should've spent more time on Bjoern in North Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"