I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

Doctor Jones

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Once the film gets greenlit, a separate forum will be made, but until then, this can be a fun place to discuss all things for the sequel. Where do you think the story will go? What do you want to see? What are you excited about? There's a lot of potential, so discuss to your heart's desire.

I'd love to see:

Hugo Strange
Robin
The Court of Owls/Talon
Silver St. Cloud
Mr. Freeze

I'm even warming up to Keoghan's Joker where I'd like to see him now at some point. Maybe not the second, but a third one.

Mr Freeze, maybe even Clayface. I'd love if there was also a Dick Grayson sideplot.

I wouldn't mind Joker having a presence in the sequel.

As a matter of fact I'd love it.

Love to see any of these rogues:

Hugo Strange, Mr Freeze, Lady Shiva, Black Mask, CoO (If they can make the story works); I also warmed up a bit to Joker, after watching it couple times, i think the deleted scene make me like Barry K's more as Joker than what we got in the movie though i'm not a fan of design... but well its not something i care too much. I wont mind if he's the main villain in third movie, just please not the second one. I would like him in the arkham series though. Robin addition will be interesting as well if they also can make it works.

The Batman 2
Turf war. Penguin vs. Ventriloquist vs. Sal Maroni (released from prison because his arrest was part of a cover-up to deeper political corruption). Dent is the new DA in town trying to get the crime situation corralled the "right way," and the film ends with him being scarred, having a complete psychotic break, and getting incarcerated in Arkham. I would really push Harvey's struggles with mental illness and violent outbursts in this film.

The Batman 3
Loose adaptation of ASHOSE. Arkham is taken over by the inmates and the doctors and staff are held hostage. Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, throw Mad Hatter and Killer Croc in there too. Batman has to infiltrate to neutralize the threats and regain control of the asylum. But there is more going on than meets the eye, as the takeover was orchestrated by Head Psychiatrist Dr. Hugo Strange for the sole purpose of luring Batman in. To what end?

Last edited:
I think that The Batman and HBO Max spinoffs may give us a lot of information on the sequel's direction.

• Post-flood Gotham. I think there will be some rich speculators. Bruce will have to protect Gotham in the skycrapers. But on the muddy streets, Batman will go where no one else could go. So he could meet Solomon Grundy and a lot of desperate and mad people, in a Blade Runner 2049 style. In this context, Bruce could have a double love interest: the socialite Silver St. Cloud for Bruce and eco-terrorist against Gotham's rebuilding Pamela Isley for Batman.
  • Post Wayne's revelations. Bruce has to clean his family's good name. Plus, he has to discover the truth about Edward Elliot and his mother. This opens to Hush, Arkham Family and maybe to Court of Owls (they killed Thomas and Martha? Colson was referring to them when he told "it's the whole system"? Maybe Batman could be something like a Talon without knowing it, considering his gauntlets?).
  • Post authorities assassinations. Harvey Dent, of course. I don't think he will be important like in TLH or TDK. Maybe he will be a character with a screentime like Oz in The Batman and, at the end of the movie, he could begin a new legal case on Maroni. A different way to use Harv could be develop him in a series after that and show his turning in Two Face in a Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul show. Then, in The Batman 3, he could be one of the villains.
  • Post-Falcone Mob. Oz will become Penguin in the series. In it, we could see a war gang like in Dark Victory with characters like Ventriloquist (I LOVE HIM) or Falcone Family or Tony Zucco or Rupert Thorne.
  • Arkham rising. I would love to see Hugo Strange, Jeremiah Arkham, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Clayface... and Joker of course.
  • Orphans. I think it will be a recurrent and rising theme. Orphans used by Strange and Court of Owls... Maybe Renewal's orphans disappeared one by one not because they died but they were taken by the Court. Maybe Riddler is linked to the Owls... Anyway, the top of this theme could be Dick Grayson. I'd love to see him adopted by Bruce in the 3d movie and... who knows... a new trilogy with Robin? I don't think there's place to introduce Robin, but Dick could be the perfect rise of Bruce's arc, seeing how much he linked with Mitchell Jr...
Oh, I'd love to see Doctor Fries too but I don't know how he could fit the trilogy plot, by now.

Last edited:
The Batman II
Gang war. Penguin vs Maroni. Mr Freeze as the main villain. Joker appearance around the same runtime as penguin in the first one. Harvey Dent as the DA. After Maroni gets caught properly this time, Dent becomes disfigured, goes on a murder spree and kills Maroni and his people. He subsequently gets incarcerated at Arkham.

The Batman III
An Arkham riot and takeover orchestrated by Hugo Strange. Batman has to sneak in and retake the asylum. Gordon and some cops are trapped too. Appearances from inmates Batman has to interact with (Scarecrow, Riddler, Freeze, Two-Face). Arkham situation gets resolved in the middle of the film. Batman finds Joker in his cell after getting notified he was killed by an inmate only to realise it's a decoy, joker escaped long time ago. Rest of the movie deals with The Joker's grand scheme he's been plotting since before he fled.

Last edited:
I really like the idea of Arkham City for the sequel. In the wake of the floods, Hugo Strange proposes to Bella Real to let him build Arkham City as a super-prison in the slums of Old Gotham.

He’s the main antagonist and you have other scattered threats like Penguin, The Ventriloquist and Killer Croc for Bats to contend with.

Eh, Bella Real seemed pretty progressive… I don’t think building a super-prison would be something she would go for unless they’re going to reveal that she’s a bit corrupt.

For the sequel I’d like to see…

Robin (Dick Grayson)
Court of Owls

I’m hoping Joker stays in the shadows for a bit. Build up to him slowly like Marvel did with Thanos,

Once the film gets greenlit, a separate forum will be made, but until then, this can be a fun place to discuss all things for the sequel. Where do you think the story will go? What do you want to see? What are you excited about? There's a lot of potential, so discuss to your heart's desire.

I'd love to see:

Hugo Strange
Robin
The Court of Owls/Talon
Silver St. Cloud
Mr. Freeze

I'm even warming up to Keoghan's Joker where I'd like to see him now at some point. Maybe not the second, but a third one.
Leslie Thompkins is a must, given the foregrounding of Bruce's mental illness in this series. Have him initiate (or re-initiate therapy) with her now that he has realized he needs to not let his trauma control him or give into negative motives like anger and vengeance.

The Batman 2
Turf war. Penguin vs. Ventriloquist vs. Sal Maroni (released from prison because his arrest was part of a cover-up to deeper political corruption). Dent is the new DA in town trying to get the crime situation corralled the "right way," and the film ends with him being scarred, having a complete psychotic break, and getting incarcerated in Arkham. I would really push Harvey's struggles with mental illness and violent outbursts in this film.

The Batman 3
Loose adaptation of ASHOSE. Arkham is taken over by the inmates and the doctors and staff are held hostage. Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, throw Mad Hatter and Killer Croc in there too. Batman has to infiltrate to neutralize the threats and regain control of the asylum. But there is more going on than meets the eye, as the takeover was orchestrated by Head Psychiatrist Dr. Hugo Strange for the sole purpose of luring Batman in. To what end?
Personally, I'd say introduce Tony Zucco as Maroni's right hand man on the outside. Have Maroni appealing his conviction and Dent as the new DA fighting to keep him behind bars. It would be very cool to see a crime boss pulling strings from behind bars. It is a classic crime drama/noir trope and would help differentiate this from The Dark Knight where Maroni was the last man standing in the Triumvirate's war against organized crime.

I would also love to see Rupert Thorne, played by Brian Cox, as corrupt Gotham's opposition to Mayor Real's attempts to change things.

I have no idea where the story will go, but Mr. Freeze is easily my #1 villain for the sequel. There's so much potential, and I'm dying to see how Reeves would adapt him into his world.

I have no idea where the story will go, but Mr. Freeze is easily my #1 villain for the sequel. There's so much potential, and I'm dying to see how Reeves would adapt him into his world.

Mr Freeze should have prosthetic to explain the Blue look.

I think he would fit this world now seeing Joker.

Mr Freeze should have prosthetic to explain the Blue look.

I think he would fit this world now seeing Joker.
That would be cool. I also love the idea of liquid nitrogen being used as a weapon. It's horrifyingly real.

Does Jett know something or is this just vague speculation ?

That's what I'm wondering.
It would certainly be a villain who hasn't been done yet, and could be a blank slate, in alot of ways, for Reeves to build on and develop.

In other words, it's not a villain who's been done 8 ways to sunday like much of Batman's other rogues have on film and tv.

That's what I'm wondering.

I would love for Clay Face to be a villain in the second.

First appearance or Btas inspired I don't care just let him be in this world.

I really can't wait for some concrete news on The Batman 2.

I'd be down for it as well.
It'd be refreshing to choose a villain who hasn't been done yet over the 30 years worth of Batman films.
Most have them have been done at this point, save ones like Mad Hatter, Man Bat, and Hugo Strange.

It leaves Reeves alot of options in terms of story and even casting.
It also makes things less predictable , and that's always interesting .

I'd seriously appreciate Clayface. Like the idea it's even possible would be amazing.

I feel like he's probably hinting at a different thing though, like Gotham Knights shows or something. I'd love to be wrong though.

Does Jett often have correct info this far out?

I mean, we don’t even officially have a sequel at the moment…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"