The Dark Knight In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

5 years later and I still haven't seen a performance on the level of Heath's Joker. Comic book films or otherwise. We really got something special there.

5 years later and I still haven't seen a performance on the level of Heath's Joker. Comic book films or otherwise. We really got something special there.

Don't know if I would go that far, but it is an awesome performance no doubt. Was just watching the interrogation scene on YouTube. He really channeled Cagney during that scene, both in terms of voice and gangster confidence. I get chills when he starts laughing as Batman punches him. There's something about the way he laughs and the timing of it that works very well every time I see it.

[YT]l7md6cEYeZk[/YT]

I like the Cagney reference:up: Same league.
I think it's the 1st scene they shot together:awesome:

It's pretty crazy how I never tire of that performance. It also never stops being sad to me that Ledger never got to see The Dark Knight. Just maddeningly sad.

Best performance in the trilogy, IMO.

It's pretty crazy how I never tire of that performance. It also never stops being sad to me that Ledger never got to see The Dark Knight. Just maddeningly sad.
I agree.
I might be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that Heath was showed the prologue in Imax by the producers, loved it and asked to see it a second time in a row. I hope it's true, it's a small consolation, but it's still something.

I may be in the minority here but this performance is my favourite performance of all time. There are a lot of great performances out there but Heath just went above and beyond for me.

Best performance in the trilogy, IMO.
Wholeheartedly agree :woot:

I might be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that Heath was showed the prologue in Imax by the producers, loved it and asked to see it a second time in a row. I hope it's true, it's a small consolation, but it's still something.
Yeah, i read that somewhere too. Cant remember where though.

I agree.

I heard about that, too. I think it's the only footage from the movie that he saw. Finished footage I mean.

I heard about that, too. I think it's the only footage from the movie that he saw. Finished footage I mean.

Yeah, glad he got to see it in IMAX.

One would hope he got to at least see the 2nd trailer too, which came out only a month before he passed. Hopefully he was aware of how great a reaction his performance got in it.

Oh yeah I forgot the 2nd trailer was released before he died. I'd imagine he'd have to have seen that, too.

Happy 34th Heath, i hope you're celebrating somewhere :hrt:

I definitely think this is the greatest performance of the 21st Century (and one of the greatest of all time), with others slightly below him:

1. Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight
2. Daniel Day-Lewis - There Will Be Blood
3. Javier Bardem - No County for Old Men
4. Christian Bale - American Psycho

I can't think of any other performances that sort of define the 2000's for me. Hell, I'd say Heath in Brokeback Mountain, and Bale in The Machinist, but that wouldn't be fair. :oldrazz:

Regarding Heath's Joker, I know people in theater and acting school who just automatically cite this as the greatest performance of recent memory. Ask most of them, they say, "Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. That thing he does with his lips like he's a fiend, the way he talks... There's nothing else like it." -- Their words, not mine!

He is also great in Candy.
definitely my fav. performance I've seen of him other than this one. I also loved him as skip in lords of dogtown. sadly I have yet to see brokeback so I can't say anything on that one.

He played a drug addict in Candy didn't he? I must check that movie out.

Even before Joker, he was one of my fav actors.

Saw him in Candy and thought he was brilliant. A great subtle performance.

Ned Kelly is one of my favourite Ledger movie. He was great in that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"