Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

That's nonsense. Thor and The Incredible Hulk were in no way shape or form ads for Avengers.

Samuel L Jackson didn't appear in the Thor movie. After credit scenes don't count.

And whilst this may have been your typical origin story, it was dressed up in a way that hasn't ever been seen in a comic book movie before. And the performances of the lead and the villain elevate the material.

And what's with the "being dead inside" thing? I'd say anyone who doesn't enjoy this charming romp of a movie is dead inside. But I won't, because that would make me a prick.

Maybe because it was so bad, that it killed the box office for the Marvel Studio version.

Ang's Hulk wasn't bad. I guess because it didn't have Hulk saying "Hulk SMASH!" that makes it bad huh?

It wasn't your typical superhero movie, doesn't mean it was bad. And anyway, the scene in the desert vs the Army is superior to anything in The Incredible Hulk.

Only one thing....Thor should have been able to transport to Asgard without Heimdall.

Yea I think they are downplaying the Asgardians powers a bit. Especially with Odin. Odin from the comics wouldn't have to actually fight those Frost Giants. He's a galaxy destroyer. And yea, Thor in the comics can travel dimensions by himself.

Yea, the Cosmic Cube was in the after credits.

Yeah Shazam, the scene was rather quick, but Apparently that was a Bunker, I don't recall what the name of the area the bunker was in but We're positive it's

Red Skull's Bunker

That's nonsense. Thor and The Incredible Hulk were in no way shape or form ads for Avengers.

Samuel L Jackson didn't appear in the Thor movie. After credit scenes don't count.

And whilst this may have been your typical origin story, it was dressed up in a way that hasn't ever been seen in a comic book movie before. And the performances of the lead and the villain elevate the material.

And what's with the "being dead inside" thing? I'd say anyone who doesn't enjoy this charming romp of a movie is dead inside. But I won't, because that would make me a prick.
I was being satirical, I actually loved the 'Thor' movie and the MU films.

I saw Thor last night and I will say that while Iron Man is a great film, Thor's scope helps it cement itself as the best Marvel Studios film im my opinion.

Maybe because it was so bad, that it killed the box office for the Marvel Studio version.

But in discussing quality of Marvel Studios films, how is it relevant? Maybe in a BO discussion, yes, but not from a quality standpoint.

Ang's Hulk wasn't bad. I guess because it didn't have Hulk saying "Hulk SMASH!" that makes it bad huh?

It wasn't your typical superhero movie, doesn't mean it was bad. And anyway, the scene in the desert vs the Army is superior to anything in The Incredible Hulk.

Well guess no one knows good movies, then. Because despite an incredible 62.1 million dollar opening weekend, that Ang Lee crap fest took a whoppin' 60 percent nose dive that 2nd week!! Word of mouth killed it!

It was ill-paced and meandering. Lee just had no "feel" for comics. Using comic books panels , narrative text and other condescending devices.

The father-son issues were overreached with high-flautin' pschological subtexts. the hilarious third act had Nick Nolte turn into a radiation cloud!! LOL :doh::woot:

Only the desert leaping and the battle scenes with the tanks were saving graces.

Only 10 people liked this movie.....I guess you were number 10??

I think it's close between Iron Man and Thor. I think may overall give the nod to Thor simply because it was FAR better action wise than Iron Man. Although RDJ's Tony Stark remains one of the greatest and most watchable characters on film IMHO. So I think I'll go with Thor but it's definitely a toss up between the two.

I am also a big fan of The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 (which really gets unfairly abused by fanboys) as well, but I don't feel that either is quite as good as Thor or Iron Man.

The people in the "diner scene" were in the movie, dude, and some said nothing. They had no lines.

Come on....Sam Jackson IS in the movie.....even if it is after the credits. They set up a scene, they used make-up, they all had lines to remember! The director said "action" and afterwards said "Cut"!

Why would you split hairs to this degree just to prove your point?

And because of the Fury character (from Ironman 1) it's been setting up the Avengers. Every ending scene in every movie has been setting this up along the way.....Fury in Stark's home "So you think you're the only superhero"

The Incredible Hulk "Stark says to Ross that he's putting a team together that can help Ross with his Hulk problem"

Ironman 2 ....Fury actually flops a classified file down on the table with "AVENGERS" on the cover, telling Stark about it.

And we've all seen the NY City footage of Sam Jackson talking to the Defrosted and confused Steve Rogers. No doubt asking him to be a part of the Avengers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEe_9mbsZFw

I love it!! Marvel is rockin'!!

The Incredible Hulk is still my favorite, maybe because I love Norton and Roth. I also liked that it felt like a hybrid on-the-road movie and some vibes of an old school monster movie. Two genres I enjoy greatly.

Not sure whether I like Iron Man or Thor better. I have to see Thor a few more times to figure it out.

Iron Man 2 is my least favorite, it felt rushed and underused two great actors as two potentially great villains. But I still enjoyed it as well.

I'm thinking Cap will usurp Incredible Hulk's place though.

I haven't voted yet but I think Thor is definitely up there, I'll need to see it again to make up my mind.

I we ever do indeed get an extended cut with the missing footage, I could easily see this rising in my MCU ranking. At it's heart that's the only thing I truly think is flawed about it. We needed more.

I agree. Hope we do get an extended cut.

Yeah Shazam, the scene was rather quick, but Apparently that was a Bunker, I don't recall what the name of the area the bunker was in but We're positive it's

Red Skull's Bunker

I don't think it was Red Skull's bunker. I'm quite positive it isn't. Why would Skull have a bunker in the US?
I think it's just a SHEILD facility.

And why would Fury be in Red Skulls bunker, seeing is how Skull is a bad guy....

Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

I think that's how people are going to rank the movies thus far, with the bottom two being interchangeable. I think they're all very good efforts, but Iron Man 1 brings a complete, mostly flowing story with great characters, while Thor lacks a bit in the former.

Thor
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

Again, I liked all four a lot but the first two are definitely superior to the latter two.

I haven't voted yet but I think Thor is definitely up there, I'll need to see it again to make up my mind.

I agree. Hope we do get an extended cut.

I don't think it was Red Skull's bunker. I'm quite positive it isn't. Why would Skull have a bunker in the US?
I think it's just a SHEILD facility.
when was it said it was IN the U.S.? We don't know where that scene is taking place. At least I haven't seen anything on it.

And why would Fury be in Red Skulls bunker, seeing is how Skull is a bad guy....
remember there's HYDRA involved. This could be a captured base, or an abandoned Base from WWII.

So far Ironman is the best. And even that doesn't come close to Spiderman2 or TDK. They definitely need to step it up. Lets hope Captain America brings it back to ironman quality and above.

Right now for me its:

Incredible Hulk

Iron Man/Thor

Iron Man II

I really like them all though, its just from favorite to least. Thor may be up there with Hulk after I watch it again in 3D tonight, I was kinda tired at the midnight showing the other night.

Maybe i'm strange but I really think TIH is one of the best comic book movies ever. It just worked for me. All the Marvel Studios movies are great imo though (so far).

Probably because thats where they found the cosmic cube and have set up a temporary base to lock everything down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"