James Bond In Skyfall - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's the day for US fans. Adele's "Skyfall" theme will be released in full tonight.
Just US fans, no one else??
Nice to find that I'm in such esteemed company. :up: To this day I simply dont understand the hate it gets. Sure, I'm not so blinkered that I dont notice it's obvious flaws but I love the movie regardless; it has it's plus points and it's certainly not as bad as some would have us beleive.

I also like QOS as well, my main problem with it is that Bond is in too many countries in the film, one minute he's in Italy, then England, South America, over to Austria, back to Italy, back to South America and then ends in Russia. He just needed to slow down in the film but overall I like the film and I love Craig's performance.

That... is... Cool!!

Does anyone have an alt link? That link above is dead

Ew, I just heard another version on YouTube where the pitch has been tweaked to be higher (probably to get it past the copyright filters). Beware those versions, lol.

The real version is gorgeous, though, especially toward the end. :up:

Epworth just tweeted this

Paul Epworth (@paulepworth) tweeted at 9:02pm - 4 Oct 12:

All you eager beavers who think you heard the whole of skyfall? You just got the radio edit.. Gotta wait for 0.07 to hear the full thing....

Epworth just tweeted this

Paul Epworth (@paulepworth) tweeted at 9:02pm - 4 Oct 12:

All you eager beavers who think you heard the whole of skyfall? You just got the radio edit.. Gotta wait for 0.07 to hear the full thing....
Well yeah, it's almost a full minute shorter than the iTunes release.

Now i'm intrigued....

I don't think this tune is any better than okay. It doesn't have a very interesting sound. There is nothing wrong with is as per 'Another Way to Die', but for me it lacks any of the drama of the great Bond themes.

Yes. It goes out of its way to be safe and familier. As it stands "You Know My Name" is still the best song in Craig's canon.

Hmm... not really liking those voices echoing Adele's lines in the 2nd and 3rd choruses. I think it sounds better without that.

I think the preview sounded better than the radio edit, because it starts sounding a bit crowded after the 2nd verse.

I love this song, it's the first genuine Bond sounding theme in years.

I could do without the backing chorus and I wish it ends on a stronger note, a more kick to it but otherwise I like it even it did tread and stayed on familiar grounds (not that it's wrong considering it's pretty much expected), and I like it since it's a nice throwback to the classic Shirley Bassey's Bond themes.

Ok im somewhat disappointed. Loved the 90 second preview, but i was expecting more from the whole song. The rest of the song is essentially the 90 second preview repeated for 3 minutes. Very little evolution and it kind of meanders. I was expecting more of a build to a climax. Back up singers are buried and barely a presence in the track and the phraee "let the sky fall" is repeated one too many times. As a theme over the title sewuence it may be just fine but on its own in this form it is rather bland.

Maybe the full itunes version will be better.

Ok im somewhat disappointed. Loved the 90 second preview, but i was expecting more from the whole song. The rest of the song is essentially the 90 second preview repeated for 3 minutes. Very little evolution and it kind of meanders. I was expecting more of a build to a climax. Back up singers are buried and barely a presence in the track and the phraee "let the sky fall" is repeated one too many times. As a theme over the title sewuence it may be just fine but on its own in this form it is rather bland.

Maybe the full itunes version will be better.

Pretty much agree with this assessment, but don't think the full itunes will be much better but just the same thing extended even further. Usually radio versions are the more commercial version of a song and therefore the most optimum sound with the most drum and orchestration changes. If it's like this, then an album version isn't likely to be much better. It seems to stay pretty much on the same level throughout. Perhaps if the drums became bigger or the orchestration changed.

Much of the sound seems a bit muddy and a mish-mash, not helped by the backing chorus.

cornell's you know my name is still the best craig bond song it had such a high energy that this song lacked

cornell's you know my name is still the best craig bond song it had such a high energy that this song lacked

I agree about Cornell's "You Know My Name". As ive said before, CR was what made me a Bond fan, and i had always despised long title sequences. CR's title sequence and Cornell's song changed my opinion about title sequences and for months before it was even out on dvd i would look up the title sequence on youtube just to watch it. It will probably always be my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"