James Bond In Skyfall - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've been going on about this for ****ing hours.

That's not entirely true. I was gone for like 12 hours today. You guys could have moved on, but didn't. But whatever, you're right. The debate is going nowhere. Let's go back to discussing Roger Deakins' cinematography.

That's not entirely true. I was gone for like 12 hours today. You guys could have moved on, but didn't. But whatever, you're right. The debate is going nowhere. Let's go back to discussing Roger Deakins' cinematography.

I am curious. If this movie does good business, will you admit you were wrong?

I missed this earlier. But being escapist entertainment isn't an excuse for being a bad movie.
We'll just have to agree to disagree about it being a bad movie, because I don't want to derail the Skyfall thread. :yay:

I am curious. If this movie does good business, will you admit you were wrong?

If Sony/MGM changes their marketing to reflect a lighter movie then I won't do such thing because clearly they realized the moodier tone wasn't working with everyone. So... I guess we're gonna have to wait and see. November is many months away. Anything can happen from here till then.

The cinematography in this movie is the sex!:D

If Sony/MGM changes their marketing to reflect a lighter movie then I won't do such thing because clearly they realized the moodier tone wasn't working with everyone. So... I guess we're gonna have to wait and see. November is many months away. Anything can happen from here till then.

If the movie is moody it is moody. The ads will not change that. CR and QoS showed the movie in the same way and they did very good business.

Oh come on like folks where saying last few pages. A teaser is to just give us a peak. Where as a full trailer will give more on plot. And come on bond sells itself. Folks who are bond fans, craig fans, mendes fans will go see the movie.

As for avengers it was a great film and I loved it a lot. But what bond is, and what avengers are two totally different themes, stories, and type of characters. So its like comparing apples to oranges. Saying a good fun action, comedy film means a dark, serious bond won't sell.

For me it totally screamed bond. And I can't wait to see mmore footage in the coming months. Everything mendes and craig have commented on during filming. Sounds great and they got a good handle on bond.

Also how is the teaser not bond like. We have bond with guns, check. Bond with sexy women, check. Bond in great locals, check. Bond in big action squences, check.

If the movie is moody it is moody. The ads will not change that. CR and QoS showed the movie in the same way and they did very good business.

CR and QoS were gritty but not moody. The marketing focused on the brutality of those films. Plus, the ads actually used the full James Bond theme. Which always helps get audiences excited. The Skyfall teaser doesn't even bother to do that.

CR and QoS were gritty but not moody. The marketing focused on the brutality of those films. Plus, the ads actually used the full James Bond theme. Which always helps get audiences excited. The Skyfall teaser doesn't even bother to do that.

It used a variation of the bond theme. An awesome one i might add. I highly doubt casual viewer is *****ing cause it didn't feature the full bond theme. And I'm not sure how this looks more moody than QOS. QOS trailers looked far more "moody" than this.

Those movies weren't moody? Is that a joke?

QoS was pretty much an art house flick, which was moody as hell. CR 3rd act was Bond musing over leaving for love, while he dealt with the fact that he might have just lost his manhood. Then he decides he needs to kill the girl.

It used a variation of the bond theme. An awesome one i might add. I highly doubt casual viewer is *****ing cause it didn't feature the full bond theme. And I'm not sure how this looks more moody than QOS. QOS trailers looked far more "moody" than this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6acw690AqQ

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6acw690AqQ[/YT]

Not moody at all. :woot:

Last edited:
Darkman come on its a dam 90sec teaser. That is just giving us a little peak into things. We are bound to get more plot stuff in full trailers. And we have 5 months for promotion to get fans, and general audiences ready to go for bond.

If Sony/MGM changes their marketing to reflect a lighter movie then I won't do such thing because clearly they realized the moodier tone wasn't working with everyone.

The last thing we want is marketing to drastically change the tone in tv spots and future trailers.

We've all seen marketing done badly sink a movie in the past 7 months

Pretty fantastic trailer. The set, lighting, and cinematography guys have upped their game for this movie.

I still want to know what Call me Darkman wants to see in a traditional Bond formular movie?

I still want to know what Call me Darkman wants to see in a traditional Bond formular movie?

Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

So what do folks think is Javier Bardems character Silva's motivation?

Is he in it for revenge on Bond and MI5/6?

Is he another Quantum villain?

I wonder if we will ever see a head villain of Quantum like Blofeld was for SPECTRE

I think it's been stated that SF won't feature Quantum. But you never know.

At some point I think they'll have to address Mr.White, that bastards still running around.

I doubt they will ever mention Quantum and anything remotely in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"