James Bond In Skyfall - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas Newman>David Arnold

Although my favorite Bond score is Eric Serra's work on GoldenEye.

funny except for the tank chase sequence I never really cared for the Goldeneye score at all.

Serra's score is the worst in the series for me.

Serra's score is the worst in the series for me.

Its probably in my top 5. Instantly recognizable amongst the the near 2 dozens of scores, and matches its film well. But there is a big gap between OHMSS and CR and then the rest.

Last edited:
I thought the actual main action theme "Run,Shoot and Jump." was fairly exhilarating and it complemented the entire final duel between Bond and Trevelyan extremely well.

Really I prefer Serra's work to the majority of Arnold's barring CR.
But bring on Newman, the man is the best composer in the business at the moment IMO.

Last edited:
Best overall score for me is definitely OHMSS, but I also really love FRWL, YOLT, FYEO, and CR. Especially You Only Live Twice. It is just so hauntingly beautiful and goes a long way in really making that film seem like the end of an era, which in a way it was.

Last edited:
Its probably in my top 5. Instantly recognizable amongst the the near 2 dozens of scores, and matches its film well. But there is a big gap between OHMSS and CR and then the rest.

It's definitely recognisable but i see it as nothing special and I dare say a massive misstep when one considers the brilliance that had graced the series upto that point. The score feels empty and horrendously dated. There's no finess to it. Serra does get points though for trying to bring something new and there are a few decent tracks but on the whole I didn't like it.

Ok, halfway confirmation from MGM by e-mail today:
The new ‘007 Skyfall’ trailer on Tuesday, July 31st at 6:30 a.m. PDT / 2:30 p.m. GMT.

From CBn.

Best overall score for me is definitely OHMSS, but I also really love FRWL, YOLT, FYEO, and CR. Especially You Only Live Twice. It is just so hauntingly beautiful and goes a long way in really making that film seem like the end of an era, which in a way it was.

Agreed with every word. OHMSS I think is the pinnacle of John Barry's Bond work, but YOLT I would put at #2.

And along with Thunderball, John Barry was on fire at that time.

Damn, Eve makes the idiot tracking Bond at the start of every single Bond movie look like an even bigger failure.

New trailer tomorrow, sneak peak today, I'm so pumped, the girl I'm seeing tonight isn't going to know what hit her!

Did Eve shoot Bond? Was it their way of getting him off the train?

She shoots him to save his life. (in Batman Begins mountain dude's voice)

Is the train sequence the only action scene in the movie?

Haha, I'm sorry, is just that the "big" set pieces, are all involved with the train sequence. I meant the big ones, not just the action overall.
I think I choose the incorrect words to express my question.

Lol I thought u were going nuts on us there fir a minute. There's plenty of action in this movie and other big set pieces.

Off the top of my head.

There is the train sequence, what I think is an attack on MI6/subway sequence, the sniper scene, and the helicopter sequence.

The direction/cinematography of the movie looks very good. I've never had doubts about Mendes, looks like he's delivering.

Also, I think having Bond in regular clothes for the majority of QoS made him look less like Bond and more like a normal action guy.
Lots of tuxedos in this one, old school Bond, I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"