Jean/Logan: The Evolving Relationship.

I'm SO GLAD when logan said "I love you" to Jean, she didnt say "I love you too"

Me Too...though Jean didn't really have to cause you know where her heart belongs to and Logan knew it but he had to admit his feelings for her. but yeah. anyway. moving on...

I'm glad it didnt turn out as bad as i thought. It was clear that jean dosent love logan in that way.

yeah. i liked that part.

"I love you logan, but i'm not in love with you..."

though she knew he would kill her... because she wanted him to...

I liked her redemption like expression... wow. beautifully done, I thought.

kinda looked like something else but im not going there :p

The scene in X3 where Dark Phoenix was making the moves on Logan was superhot. I wished I was Logan .

I wanted Scott to atleast say "I love you." to Jean but he died too fast... :(

I don't know...when Scott reunited with Jean and smiled...that was beautiful.

The Batman said:
I'm glad it didnt turn out as bad as i thought. It was clear that jean dosent love logan in that way.

No, no, no! I totally disagree with you! Jean has long had feelings for Logan -- she had to make a choice between him and Scott, and Scott was the safer, more sensible, simpler choice. But isn't it interesting that in her fury she apparently killed Scott, but she let Logan live! And, come on, let's not forget the scene where Jean wakes up. Deepest desires rising to the surface.

Desires/lust does not equal love. She didn't choose Logan because she loved Scott, even though she may lust for Logan.

In any case, Scott and Jean never stood a chance. The movies were biased towards Logan from the start. Just compare the screentime each relationship got. It's no wonder why Jean/Logan is so popular.

D-scythe said:
In any case, Scott and Jean never stood a chance. The movies were biased towards Logan from the start. Just compare the screentime each relationship got. It's no wonder why Jean/Logan is so popular.
That's what I find unfair. Every x-men fan knows that it's been Scott and Jean from the start. The movies are so opposite. I was even wishing they should've showed flashbacks of Scott and Jean together.:down

Kal-El 8 said:
The scene in X3 where Dark Phoenix was making the moves on Logan was superhot. I wished I was Logan .

Oh yeah....Logan was definitely the luckiest X-Man during that scene.... :up:

undomiel said:
No, no, no! I totally disagree with you! Jean has long had feelings for Logan -- she had to make a choice between him and Scott, and Scott was the safer, more sensible, simpler choice. But isn't it interesting that in her fury she apparently killed Scott, but she let Logan live! And, come on, let's not forget the scene where Jean wakes up. Deepest desires rising to the surface.

Of course Logan's still alive Logan can heal just about everything in the movies so -.-

D-scythe said:
Desires/lust does not equal love. She didn't choose Logan because she loved Scott, even though she may lust for Logan.

I disagree with you -- Jean/Logan is not at all popular, especially not on these boards -- there are only about a half-dozen of us who support it!

And you guys are missing a huge point: if Jean really loved Scott and Scott alone, she would not lust after Logan. She would be completely satisfied with Scott and she would not be tempted by anyone else. If she does lust after Logan, then it shows that something is lacking in her relationship with Scott.

Another point: Jean is a woman and, up till X3 at least, a very decent woman at that. Yet most people have argued that, in all of the movies, she loves Scott and lusts after Logan. It is the only way they can think to "justify" the obvious attraction between the two. Yet most women, and certainly decent women like Jean Grey, do not have this dichotomous love/lust thing going on. That's generally a guy thing. In other words, women are only interested in physical relationships with men when they feel an emotional attachment. Yes, they may lust after a guy, but it is almost never devoid of emotional attachment ("love", if you will). Jean Grey is not like a guy -- she doesn't just "love" this person, and, entirely seperately, "lust" after this other guy over here. For women, the two things go hand in hand. My point? If Jean is sexually attracted to Logan (and it's obvious that she is), then she is emotionally involved as well.

Now that we have all this Dark Phoenix business, everything is up in the air. Who really is Jean Grey after all? It's only after we know the answer to that question that we can really understand the nature of her affections.

undomiel said:
I disagree with you -- Jean/Logan is not at all popular, especially not on these boards -- there are only about a half-dozen of us who support it!

Ask your friends who aren't into comics who they were rooting for. Hint: it's not Scott/Jean.

undomiel said:
And you guys are missing a huge point: if Jean really loved Scott and Scott alone, she would not lust after Logan. She would be completely satisfied with Scott and she would not be tempted by anyone else. If she does lust after Logan, then it shows that something is lacking in her relationship with Scott.

Nothing is lacking, because Jean never (openly) lusted for Logan. PHOENIX did. And she's schizophrenic, so any argument of Phoenix just showing Jean's hidden desires is utter crap.

D-scythe said:
Ask your friends who aren't into comics who they were rooting for. Hint: it's not Scott/Jean.

Nothing is lacking, because Jean never (openly) lusted for Logan. PHOENIX did. And she's schizophrenic, so any argument of Phoenix just showing Jean's hidden desires is utter crap.

But it's the Jean/Cyclops fans who always claim that she lusted after Logan, even before X3!

And if she's truly schizophrenic, then all of her actions are a part of who she really is, like it or not.

D-scythe said:

well, you can't deny she is the one person who really accepted logan when he first joined the team. and before the phoenix saga and schizophrenia, she did confide iin the professor, telling him that she feels attracted to logan. :)

I would make for an interesting threesome. Even though I think the Phoenix persona would be perfect with Logan. Jean is this sweet, smart woman, whose love for Scott would never allow her to act on her lustly feelings toward Logan. While the Phoenix is the part of her that wants to make out with Logan.

DOD and I have been agreeing on the infirmary scene ever since we've seen the movie.

... im a little busy at the moment. Got a project to work on. lol ... I don't remember our discussion or agreeing on the infirmary scene ...nvm... I think I remember...gah. my brain hurts. I've got a project due tomorrow. So i'll be on later tonight...

It wasnt really a discussion is was more like you and me kept running the same commentary, if it was brought up in different threads, on the infirmary scene and how much we like it.

I may be chiming in here a little late, but after seeing this film I have to support the cases i've made in the past. I am a fan of the comic books (I read them weekly), a fan of the cartoons, and a fan of the films. And not until the films have i come to really appreciate Logan and Jean's relationship. There is a very human conflict in this relationship. Many argue that Jean never loved Logan, only lusted for him. Like mentioned above, females tend to have a hand in hand idealism towards sexual acts and their attachment emotionally. Especially someone as wonderful as Jean. I think she feared her feelings for Logan, which is why she's always been so hesitant about it. In X2, she stated, "The good guy sticks around", as if to make an excuse to why she isnt going for him. His instability proves to frighten Jean. But obviously she's thought about it. She kissed the man, and barely pulled away at that. In X3, she called out to him when her other man was dead. And I dont believe its because she thought he'd kill her, but because he was the next person she felt such a strong connection with. She was reaching out. She could have reached out to anyone else, anyone more willing to kill her (Storm, for example). Generally, I feel as though this is a very relative idea and I understand and cherish both sides of it. Scott and Jean are the opitome of solidity in a relationship, very ideal.. but Logan loves Jean with all of his heart and refuses to give up on her, he fights for her.. and thats also commedable in the ideas of love, which is why im such a shipper..

Lazmarquez said:
I may be chiming in here a little late, but after seeing this film I have to support the cases i've made in the past. I am a fan of the comic books (I read them weekly), a fan of the cartoons, and a fan of the films. And not until the films have i come to really appreciate Logan and Jean's relationship. There is a very human conflict in this relationship. Many argue that Jean never loved Logan, only lusted for him. Like mentioned above, females tend to have a hand in hand idealism towards sexual acts and their attachment emotionally. Especially someone as wonderful as Jean. I think she feared her feelings for Logan, which is why she's always been so hesitant about it. In X2, she stated, "The good guy sticks around", as if to make an excuse to why she isnt going for him. His instability proves to frighten Jean. But obviously she's thought about it. She kissed the man, and barely pulled away at that. In X3, she called out to him when her other man was dead. And I dont believe its because she thought he'd kill her, but because he was the next person she felt such a strong connection with. She was reaching out. She could have reached out to anyone else, anyone more willing to kill her (Storm, for example). Generally, I feel as though this is a very relative idea and I understand and cherish both sides of it. Scott and Jean are the opitome of solidity in a relationship, very ideal.. but Logan loves Jean with all of his heart and refuses to give up on her, he fights for her.. and thats also commedable in the ideas of love, which is why im such a shipper..

Yes, yes...and isn't it interesting? One the one side you have Logan and his unbridled, passionate love for Jean. On the other side you have Scott, offering stability and security. I can appreciate both. I know we argue a lot about which relationship we prefer (I as much as anyone), but I think one of the coolest things is how the writers set up this tension. It's one of the reasons why I don't like it when people say "It's only ever Scott and Jean, all the way." That's too simplistic; there's really no story there. The idea of this being a personal conflict that Jean has to deal with is so much more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"