• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Justice League Dark - Part 1

Hold up if The Spectre is going to be in this it has to be the Jim Corrigan the ONLY Spectre.

That that know of the character and have read books involving him think so too. No one gives a damn about Crispus Allen. :funny:

If Spectre (Corrigan) is in this, I will freak out! I just hope he's done justice.

Just imagine seeing this again in live action. This time on a big budget movie. :awesome:

tumblr_njqsfetiYx1r00lgio3_500.gif

Here's my fancast:

Jason Blood & Etrigan - Richard Armitage & Kristofer Hivju
40e6652267ff685de41c2f358e7e4db9.jpg
Kristofer-Hivju-410x273.png

Black Orchid - Genesis Rodriguez
genesisrodriguezpic.jpg

Swamp Thing - Jeffrey Wright
Jeffrey+Wright+pDfgY0ovdivm.jpg

Deadman - James Franco
5e331ed41dfc53d2acd1b3663d25c8f3.jpg

Zatanna - Mary Winstead
Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead:-2016-Napa-Valley-Film-Festival--03-300x420.jpg

John Constantine - Colin Farrell
8d404dd05a46c6f8ec6a3f25f770080b.jpg

Last edited:
Jason Blood and Constantine shouldn't be raceswapped

I'm fine with Zatanna, Alec Holland and Boston Brand being raceswapped tho

giphy.gif

Besides Dr.Mist, what other characters are in the magical community that aren't white that they could use?

White characters will still dominate the cast in all likelyhood.

Black Orchid and Traci 13 are the only ones I can think of. Most magical characters seem to be based off European myths/magic whereas Native American (Mayan, Aztec, Inca), Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Indian) and African (Ethiopian, Nigerian) are largely unexplored in the DCU.

Kristofer Hivju as Jason Blood/Etrigan needs to happen.

Gotta love fighting about race swapping for hypothetical casting choices.

Would you guys like to see this movie adapt/incorporate The Books of Magic?

After all, that is what the second arc of JLD is about (the first being the Enchantress story, which SS used). Plus, I think it could be effective to have a POV character like Tim Hunter, new to the world of magic. So, sort of an amalgamation of the JLD arc and Gaiman's original story. I also think it could be a good title for the film.

Last edited:
Would you guys like to see this movie adapt/incorporate The Books of Magic?

After all, that is what the second arc of JLD is about. Plus, I think it could be effective to have a POV character like Tim Hunter, new to the world of magic. So, sort of an amalgamation of the JLD arc and Gaiman's original story. I also think it could be a good title for the film.

Definitely a good idea. One of the things I liked about the JLD animated movie was the way they used Batman to represent us, a disbeliever/sceptic witnessing things completely outside his (our) world.

Timothy Hunter might be tough to do given how similar he is to Harry Potter. I know I know, Timothy came first, but that's basically been a joke/meme for years at this point.

Timothy Hunter might be tough to do given how similar he is to Harry Potter. I know I know, Timothy came first, but that's basically been a joke/meme for years at this point.

That's true, GAs might have a hard time with that, but some PoV character who is basically a 'fish out of water' as far as the magic/sorcery goes (as we would be) is I think a good idea.

Deadman- Colin Farrell, John Hawkes or Woody Harrelson
Jason Blood/Etrigan- Nonso Anozie, Clive Owen or Joel Edgerton
Zatanna- Melissa Fumero or Ana De Armas
Black Orchid- Patricia De Leon or Stephanie Beatriz
Constantine- Sean Harris or James McAvoy
Swamp Thing- Kevin Durand, Eric Bana or Daniel Craig
Phantom Stranger- Liam Neeson or Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Man, I really wish Matt Ryan could carry a movie because he's a FANTASTIC Constantine. I could deal with Colin Farrell, but hasn't he had a bit of an issue carrying anything besides some low budget indie films the past few years? When was the last time he was in something substantial?

...for a film that won't be made.

And for the life of me I don't know why. If DC wants something different, they couldn't ask for a better property. This could be their Guardians (not in tone or anything) as in something with a unique feel, and I'd say Dr. Strange proved that audiences are willing to buy into magic.

Why are we assuming this won't be made, exactly?

I'm assuming that simply because it seems like it's been in development hell since I was in high school...I'm almost 40 now. :D I think that's most people's feelings on it at this point. Has there even been ANY movement on this thing in ages?!

Why are we assuming this won't be made, exactly?

I can only guess people are thinking that because of the delays - but I think we might actually see it. WB/DC released the JLD animated movie earlier this year (with Matt Ryan voicing John Constantine) and they use their animated stuff to gauge fan-reaction and potential for some projects/characters. The JLD animated movie seems to have met with a pretty good reception and it seems WB/DC are keen to explore the magic side of their universe on the big screen (Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman). And Dr Strange went down well which I think will have encouraged them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"