Justice League Status Updates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible idea.

This isn't going to work out well at all. This is like a big school project that spans for an entire year. Kid (A) studies his ass off for this giant project and puts in a ton of effort into getting an A and then it pays off with his final assignment stunning his teachers.

While kid (B) slacks off and procrastinates for months and the day before turns in a steaming pile.

To WB credit it has produced some great (classic) standalone movies (Batman 89/Returns, Superman, Batman Begins, TDK) but something like the Justice League would require a much more cohesive and dedicated effort that they seemingly don't even want to do. If you're not willing to go the full mile then don't even bother.
Great analogy. Also reminds me a lot of high school lol.

But even if they want to go the separate universe route. If they can't get the characters down in a solo film why would they attempt to lump them all together for one film

I'm a bit flabbergasted. I knew WB wouldn't go the Marvel Studios route, but they're jumping the gun, in my opinion. I expected Flash to be honest. It was supposedly on the high-priority list.

I don't know the writer and executives have yet to announce a director and the cast, so I'm on the fence with this project. Scratch that. I'm afraid for it.

Horrible idea.

This isn't going to work out well at all.

We don't know that. Marvel should be thankful that their solo productions have done well, and thanks to that and a good director The Avengers was the crowning achievement Marvel was hoping for. But that's not the model all studios and franchises should adhere to.

WB/DC have been ridiculously inconsistent with their live-action output. Going the opposite way might work better for them.

Glad the Green Lantern writers are still on Flash and Wonder Woman. Never seen anything written by the Justice League guy, but still damn exciting that it could actually be happening.

My wish is to have Brad Bird be in charge of JLA like Whedon with Avengers.

This might sound really stupid to say but would having Bale reprise his role has Batman not work? I know that his movies are his own but cant Bale be the Batman of that universe to?

Well then...maybe people will stop whining about how we never hear any development news about Justice League or solo projects now. I dunno...having Superman, Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman and Justice films out within a few years would be pretty close to what Marvel has done. We shall see.

Well then...maybe people will stop whining about how we never hear any development news about Justice League or solo projects now. I dunno...having Superman, Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman and Justice films out within a few years would be pretty close to what Marvel has done. We shall see.

I don't mind them coping the Avengers model of how to approach the JLA, I just hope they can get people in charge that know what they are doing.

I don't mind them coping the Avengers model of how to approach the JLA, I just hope they can get people in charge that know what they are doing.

I kinda do.

WB can be creative. They don't need to do what Marvel Studios did in order to create a successful JLA movie.

The formula has worked, why not? Not to say to follow exactly the same lines but follow the basic formula of getting people who know what the are doing instead of throwing money at a director just because he has a good track record.

The formula has worked, why not? Not to say to follow exactly the same lines but follow the basic formula of getting people who know what the are doing instead of throwing money at a director just because he has a good track record.

A formula implies there's only one way to make something work.

There's no evidence that people won't show up for a JL flick just because DC's characters are more well-know(visually) at least than Marvel.

Despite not having a good feeling about how they're going about this I hope whatever path WB does choose works out for the best.

They're running before they can even walk. If they want to try their hand at something with potential to be Avengers-level, there's a much more do-able solution for them at this point: World's Finest. Superman/Batman.

But Justice League? When your first major non-Batman, non-Superman didn't live up to expectations? Come on...

Because it's been done, and there are other creative options.

Just because it worked for Marvel Studios doesn't mean it'll work for WB. Me personally, I'd skip the introductions and fund a WF film.

They're running before they can even walk. If they want to try their hand at something with potential to be Avengers-level, there's a much more do-able solution for them at this point: World's Finest. Superman/Batman.

But Justice League? When your first major non-Batman, non-Superman didn't live up to expectations? Come on...
My feelings exactly.

Jeopardizing the Justice League on what seems to be a half baked attempt would be unfortunate indeed.

But the thing is, looking at WB, it makes them look like they're rushing it (which they seem to be) and wanting to copy the success of Avengers. To the GA, it could look like, "So it's trying to be like Avengers?"

JL is its own thing and should be treated as such, not shamefully seen as a copy of Avengers, which we know isn't.

This movie needs time. Time enough to establish the individual heroes. For God sakes, they're so behind Marvel right now and the fact they've owned these characters longer than Marvel has been a studio and yet they still mostly make Batman films, a new Superman reboot that just got out of the Donner era, and a failed GL film, is just a sad, sad, thing.

Here's how you do it WB. If you're gonna copy Marvel, at least do it the way that made them successful in the first place. Get good talent and take your time.

It's not fair to the other individual characters at all either. Just suddenly shove them into a team up film without establishing them first? I want to get to know Flash and Wonder Woman before I even see them interact and work with others.

Last edited:
Someone brought this up in another group, why not start with the JLA movie and then break it down to single films?

I don't know. I'm sure there are guys at WB who have seen how GL went down & how TDK & Avengers have done so well. If you make something good, whoever is in it, it will do well once word gets round. They will know that something half baked will end in disaster and ruin their shot of ever doing it again. Fans will of course be worried about it but it can be done. Avengers was just as much a risk as at that point noone knew for sure if a superhero ensemble could do well at all.

Will GL be replaced?

The thing is, if they can't even get their solo films right, then how the hell are they suppose to get a team up movie with all these characters right? Like Sawyer said, they're running before walking. WB hasn't proven to be doing well in this area at all, so why should I believe in a JL film that they make when they can't even get a goddamn Flash movie off the ground beforehand?

First off, now one should be shocked by this.

Second, quit your ****ing whining. If it takes The Avengers making a gazillion dollars for WB to get their act together so be it. What Marvel Studios did was extremely risky and I doubt any one in their right minds would try to duplicate it. I just want to see Superman, Batman and the rest up on the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"