The Flash Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

That would be interesting.

But meant more Reverse Flash somehow gets Wally's suit from the future, so the Reverse Flash suit we saw is actually and always has been Wally's.

That way the suit may have appeared earlier as Reverse Flash's, but it's always been his. Takes the ownership of it away from Reverse Flash, and gives sole ownership of it to Wally.

I was thinking something like that, but thought that in Reverse-Flash's monologue about why he was Barry's enemy, I don't recall him mentioning another younger Flash.

But that's a small quibble to work with.

It could work that Reverse-Flash kills Wally in the future, and thus gets his suit that way...

I was thinking something like that, but thought that in Reverse-Flash's monologue about why he was Barry's enemy, I don't recall him mentioning another younger Flash.

But that's a small quibble to work with.

It could work that Reverse-Flash kills Wally in the future, and thus gets his suit that way...

His problem was with Barry, but maybe he either couldn't find Barry's suit or Wally's suit was in the museum closest to him at that time.

Eobard was all about destroying what he couldn't be. He wanted to be the Flash, and when you want to destroy something, you sometimes want to destroy it utterly. I think that would include Wally, as being Flash's legacy. And then wearing Wally's suit would be the ultimate slap in the face.

Who knows, maybe Barry was retired and leaving it all to Wally. Barry did look pretty aged in that future headline. A future storyline could then be about saving the future Wally...

Damn, I hope someone from the show is looking at these forums...:sly:

It's a faithful translation and all, but I don't think it looks good. It's kind of baggy on him.
Actually I disagree on the word "baggy". I think the good aspect of this suit is how it fits the actor's body, contrary to Barry's uniform. But it may be due to the fact that Wally's actor is slightly bulkier, which I think, is good. I always thought G.Gustin was too skinny for the part. I think Wally's body type is more what we could expect for a superhero, even a teenage/young adult one.

That being said, I love this suit ! I find it great, faithfull while practical. I likehow strimlined it is, less detailled than Barry's.
The only spot that bugs me is the helmet. It made sense for Wally because Wally had long hair. This wally does not. But it's a mnior thing. I feel so excited for next season now, this suit is top-notch. Well thought, well done.
Just checked and the main difference is a white logo and red pants. It would still be awkward if no mention is made of Reverse Flash. It's 45% the same costume.
What did you check exactly, man ? I just did it too. And it's not the same suit, it's kind of obvious to me, but I went through a comparison. The gauntlets are different, the headwings are different, there are no elbow pads, no shoulder pads and the sewed lines are different all over. Even the lines on the hips are different. Even the belt buckle is not the same.

So glad it's the traditional suit and not the new52 garbage grey and black.

Well, that looks pretty bad... the cut, the material... it looks pretty baggy, and the tip of his head sticking out doesn't really come over that well in real life. It causes him to look very goofy.
I think the silver one would have been a better choise in this case.

13662237_1096483420443960_5687225956279421000_o.jpg

the-flash-kid-flash.jpg
That looks awesome.:D :up:
Really like how they did the ear pieces on this one. Hoping Flash gets them on his updated suit.

I've never minded the bolt style ones that he has, but I do prefer these.

Last edited:
I really wish these costumes would stop being superhero leather jackets...

I really wish these costumes would stop being superhero leather jackets...

Actually, it's not full leather jacket, rather it's made of fabric with leather sewn on some parts just to make it blend it into that rubber-plastic face mask.

But, yeah, it's time to get rid of leather aesthetic.

Actually, it's not full leather jacket, rather it's made of fabric with leather sewn on some parts just to make it blend it into that rubber-plastic face mask.

But, yeah, it's time to get rid of leather aesthetic.

Yeah a material more akin to Cap America's suit would be much better.

Still I like the design overall. Just not the materials.

they should just use the supergirl material to make the flash suits, add in a muscle suit underneath for some structure. Never liked how the flash's mask sometimes moved and created gaps under his mask because it wasn't flexible enough.

If they can spend near/over 100k on The Atoms suit, that should be plenty of money to make a great suit.

That's never going to stop. This is the CW after all. They were pretty much a low budget soap opera channel.

Many of their shows are getting ratings comparable to what many series on Fox networks get... and they are owned jointly by WB and CBS, not exactly a small network.

My only complaint is that the open top mask looks kind of odd with Lonsdale's short hair. I'm not sure if there's any good solution to this, though.

I don't watch the show anymore, so I'm curious: have they gotten a little looser on the realism where identities are concerned? Because unless Wally is going to be a lot less chatty than I remember Barry being, I don't think it's gonna be possible for him to maintain a secret identity with that mask. I know it's faithful to the comics and all, but with that much of his face/head exposed, he might as well not even be wearing one. Maybe he'll just vibrate all the time?

Last edited:
I don't watch the show anymore, so I'm curious: have they gotten a little looser on the realism where identities are concerned? Because unless Wally is going to be a lot less chatty than I remember Barry being, I don't think it's gonna be possible for him to maintain a secret identity with that mask. I know it's faithful to the comics and all, but with that much of his face/head exposed, he might as well not even be wearing one. Maybe he'll just vibrate all the time?

In a world (comic books and shows) where Superman conceals his true identity by putting on a pair of glasses and different clothes, it is hard to justify this argument. You have to simply suspend reality/realism. Even on Arrow, its not like Diggle covered his face in any way for the first few seasons, and the rest of team arrow simply wears a domino mask.

Is he really going to be called "Kid Flash"? He's 2 years younger than Grant Gustin.

In a world (comic books and shows) where Superman conceals his true identity by putting on a pair of glasses and different clothes, it is hard to justify this argument.

Not really.

Superman doesn't wear a mask. Therefore, no one suspects that he even has a secret identity. Not only that, but hiding in plain sight is a method that has been proven to work in real life.

You have to simply suspend reality/realism.

Sure, when it comes to superpowers. Not when it comes to easily avoidable logical fallacies. Again, unless the show has gotten incredibly, blatantly unrealistic since the last time I watched it (which is both possible and fine), I think it would be very strange for the writers to accept that no one would recognize Wally as Kid Flash with such a horribly ineffective disguise (unless, of course, he used constant vibration as a method of concealment).

Even on Arrow, its not like Diggle covered his face in any way for the first few seasons, and the rest of team arrow simply wears a domino mask.

Oh, don't even get me started...

Is he really going to be called "Kid Flash"? He's 2 years younger than Grant Gustin.

They will probably have the media call him Kid Flash just like the media coined Supergirl instead of Superwoman. Though in show I think Barry/Wally are 4-6 years apart in age?

Sure, when it comes to superpowers. Not when it comes to easily avoidable logical fallacies. Again, unless the show has gotten incredibly, blatantly unrealistic since the last time I watched it (which is both possible and fine), I think it would be very strange for the writers to accept that no one would recognize Wally as Kid Flash with such a horribly ineffective disguise (unless, of course, he used constant vibration as a method of concealment).

Well, Barry has been seen vibrating his face when up close to people to further disguise his appearance. I assume they will go this route as well. Additionally, I am not sure how they are going to use Kid Flash. Meaning, not sure how the Flashpoint Paradox arc comes into play. It is a whole new timeline... again.

Leather,Leather,Leather... There isn't one superhero one the CW that doesn't have any leather on his suit... I really hate superhero costumes that use that material. I understand it's cheap but can't you at least explore other materials before chosing leather? I bet Superman will also feature leather. Sorry for the "leather" overload in this post... My god, I do hate leather soo much...

That's never going to stop. This is the CW after all. They were pretty much a low budget soap opera channel.

Deathstrokes costume was bang on, I don't think its a budget thing. Higher end Cosplays look better than this.

Cosplayers probably have more time to assemble their suits, though. It's possible that leather is used so often because of time constraints, instead of budgetary reasons. To be honest, though, I could believe either. It's not like they make just ONE suit and they're done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"