Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
She got a lot of things to do in X1/X2 she got shafted in X3.

I don't agree with making her Magneto's henchwoman in the first place. She's her own woman and has her own teams.

Plus it shifted her in other media. She's now always working for Magneto in other things now because of the films.

Who are you on about?

The conversation is about Psylocke.

she was a silent henchwoman. they do not have lines traditionally. ;-)

Who said she was a 'silent henchwoman'?

Do henchmen/women have to be silent?

What's wrong with giving secondary/tertiary characters some dialogue to show motivation and general personality/substance?

Last edited:
His actions themselves alludes to that scene. The fact that he didn't put psyche blocks to hold her powers back(which created the Phoenix persona) like in the original timeline is enough to say that he was trying to prevent those events.

which is fine for personal analysis... but that was not something the film was about nor touched on

She got a lot of things to do in X1/X2 she got shafted in X3.

I don't agree with making her Magneto's henchwoman in the first place. She's her own woman and has her own teams.

Plus it shifted her in other media. She's now always working for Magneto in other things now because of the films.

I was talking about Apocalypse Storm & whats her face Magneto did most of the work & not those two in Apocalypse

cool easter egg. tz, and people still claim that Psylocke was not a very well-developed character. ;-)

totally.. that orange totally just made her a well developed interesting character...

Omg the way she peeled that orange... damn... so much depth and development.

I made a lot of friends in this forum. I feel very welcomed here.

People disagree here all the time.

But it's funny how people are less welcoming of posters that:

call them trolls
say that they're "not feminist enough"
respond to well-articulated posts with "bull ****"
smugly stating only you and a few others who agree with you on the board are the only ones that get cinema, the rest of us don't have a clue.

she was a silent henchwoman. they do not have lines traditionally. ;-)

Great. Maybe in the next trilogy, they can retcon Psylocke to be Xavier's sister and she can be mutant-kind's next great messiah.

my advice to you is to follow as i have decered to do and stop responding to anti-Singer group or the reboot squad who may or may not now call X-Men,X2,and DOFP crap.

we are just going around in circles.It's like in politics.just as i will always say clinton was the wrong person to go against trump i will say a MCU Reboot Is terrable idea.I will continue to use spider-man:Homecoming as exhib a why it's bad idea.

Bryan Singer is now gone from X-Men films just like hopefully clintons are done in US politics.

Newer does not make film better.I still say X2 is better film than DOFP.
X2 has survived the test of time.and let's not rewrite history DOFP was very well received.

whenever fox makes another full X-Men film it depend on who directs it what is the quality and who they focus on.

Great. Maybe in the next trilogy, they can retcon Psylocke to be Xavier's sister and she can be mutant-kind's next great messiah.

Nope that part has already been taken but hey if they wanted to make toad into Charles childhood friend then they have all the right to do so, I dunno if that would make you as bitter but that's certainly something they could do.

And its not much of a Retcon, xavier and mystique never shared any screen time in the OT to say otherwise.

Last edited:

call them trolls
smugly stating only you and a few others who agree with you on the board are the only ones that get cinema, the rest of us don't have a clue.

you are maybe looking for an arch-enemy here on this board but I am really not interested, sorry. Thank you for asking though.

97670_friends-break-up-heartbreak-phoebe-breaking-up.gif

Nope that part has already been taken but hey if they wanted to make toad into Charles childhood friend then they have all the right to do so, I dunno if that would make you as bitter but that's certainly something they could do.

And its not much of a Retcon, xavier and mystique never shared any screen time in the OT to say otherwise.

people may hate it but reason it was done so in prequel they would have another major character with xavier and magneto.fact mystique in OT was simply magneto's right hand woman and hinted at lover give them the opening.next film there would be no reason for something like that.

"I'm not interested in making arch-enemies, but I'll call you (and everyone who disagrees with me) every name in the book. If you dare bring that up, I'll act all high and mighty. Watch out!"

next film there would be no reason for something like that.

Let's hope so!

Anyways, I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about yet but Deadpool just got a Best Adapted Screenplay nomination from the Writers Guild of America, which is a precursor for the Oscars.

"I'm not interested in making arch-enemies, but I'll call you (and everyone who disagrees with me) every name in the book. If you dare bring that up, I'll act all high and mighty. Watch out!"

Let's hope so!

Anyways, I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about yet but Deadpool just got a Best Adapted Screenplay nomination from the Writers Guild of America, which is a precursor for the Oscars.

well i really don't think deadpool deserves nod for best adapted screenplay.and now i am not saying apocalypse should have gotten it.kinberg should never be in same sentence with best screenplay lol

Deadpool success was really reynolds and miller's direction even if i don't want some of things for main X_Men films that are In deadpool.now as for what made deadpool a success those 2 things are what i think were most responable for it.

I would agree in that I think the plot was really run-of-the-mill and ultimately forgettable. What made it stand out is the character that Reynolds (and Miller and comic writers and artists) assembled.

I've only seen this movie once and don't really need to watch it again. Compare that with other Marvel (X-men is Marvel too) films that I've seen multiple times.

(X-men is Marvel too)

Any movie not made by MARVEL STUDIOS is NOT A MARVEL MOVIE. They might be MARVEL characters but they are not MARVEL movies the quality difference alone tells you that & the difference of logos of each movie

Any movie not made by MARVEL STUDIOS is NOT A MARVEL MOVIE. They might be MARVEL characters but they are not MARVEL movies the quality difference alone tells you that & the difference of logos of each movie
That's why MCU flicks are often denoted as Marvel Studios' movies because of the logo difference and whatnot.

Out of everything I said, that's what you picked up on? lol

They're Marvel characters, hence *I* consider them Marvel movies.

I have no problem with Mystique being in the past setting so they could have her in First Class and the later films.

Turning her into Xavier's sister was debatable if not questionable, it feels like a bit of a missed opportunity when they could have included Destiny etc.

And making Mystique into Storm's poster hero and then the commander of the X-Men just feels every shade of wrong. It just doesn't feel like Mystique any more.

Surely you didn't call X2 or spider-Man Marvel movies back in the early 2000s.

They are Marvel movies, not just produced by Marvel Studios.

And making Mystique into Storm's poster hero and then the commander of the X-Men just feels every shade of wrong. It just doesn't feel like Mystique any more.
She was everyone's poster hero. That's the justification for never going blue.
On the flip side, Magneto was the exact opposite. <- justification for hiding in plain sight, ALMOST never using powers
Again, I don't see it. cheerleader or "hype man" ~ apt

call them trolls

hahaha. Bizarre, that.

my advice to you is to follow as i have decered to do and stop responding to anti-Singer group or the reboot squad who may or may not now call X-Men,X2,and DOFP crap.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone here who has even said that. From my experience, things are more likely to turn sour once someone praises the MCU and/or suggests that Fox take some notes. That seems to be the most sensitive subject around here.

Settle down champ. It's popcorn entertainment.

Mystique's rise to mutant legend was okay with me. It seemed like a logical extension after DOFP, and the fall out from it was a tidy way to explain Lawrence being out of make-up.

The leader of the X-Men thing did not sit well though. Being back at the mansion felt like character regression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"