Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

You are a child of the universe friend, no less than the trees....

But I'm a born and raised Brooklyn boy. Bring it on goat cheese eater!! :word:

2. Gianakin_

Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

I now see what I have to become to stop men like you. I will still use my money to get married... TO YOU.

3. Wheels

Wheels Eat my shorts

Grant Morrison rules. He and Mark Waid are the best Superman writers of this generation.

4. KRYPTON INC.

Well... This is all so sudden. :fhm: :word:

Wait a minute... This is all so you can get me to the altar and then *BANG*!!

Oh, no... I'm not that easy.

5. KRYPTON INC.

Me disliking Morrison on most mainstream super hero books does not mean you can't. :yay: It does not mean I think less of those that love his stuff. It does not mean I think I am superior. It just means... I don't like his work.

Namaste.

6. Gianakin_

KRYPTON INC. and I, we're gonna have a hell of a time!

7. Wheels

Wheels Eat my shorts

I'm just stating my opinion. I'm perfectly fine with your opinion as art is subjective .

8. KRYPTON INC.

Hey, if we gotta go to counseling to make this man on man marriage/assassination work, then THAT'S what we're going to do buster! :woot:

9. Gianakin_

Marriage Counselor for Lex Luthor.

10. KRYPTON INC.

Jerry Seinfeld eh? As Luthor?

That's Gold, Jerry! Gold! :oldrazz:

11. Gianakin_

:hehe: Ok, enough derailment.

On topic, the reason I don't want Cranston isn't because I don't love him as an actor, it's just that his interpretation will automatically be not the one I'd want of the character.

12. KRYPTON INC.

People keep talkin' bout Cranston. I love the guy. But for Luthor? I just don't see it. Compared to the scope of who and what Luthor is W. White is a desperate small town puissant. There needs to be a bit more Hollywood glamour or a larger than life quality to Luthor. Cranston is an amazing actor, but no matter the range and level of talent not every actor is good for every part.

I think with the way CBM casting has been going lately the actual casting will be so left field it'll disappear into the Green Monster. :word:

13. Gianakin_

Yes. Expect Cate Blanchett as Luthor, which, btw, would ensure my ass on a seat opening night, whether Cate played Lex or Lexa Luthor.

14. KRYPTON INC.

It wouldn't be the first time she's played a man, and or a woman who is disguised as a man, would it. So I think we can cross her off the list. She wouldn't do it because she's already gone down that road. :oldrazz:

You think Eckhart would feel 2 supervillains would be too much on his resume?

If we want a race change.... Please don't kill me for this... Wil Smith?
    (Not in the face!!!)

15. Gianakin_

I don't mind a race change. But not Will. Nor Jamie. Nor Denzel. Nor Elba. Chiwetel Ejiofor would be nice.

I wouldn't be inherently opposed to Aaron, but it would indeed be too distracting, mainly because there are huge similarities to the role. Dent's good side would be identical to Lex's, even though LEx's bad side wouldn't be as intense as Dent's all the time.

16. Wheels

Wheels Eat my shorts

Will Smith is entertaining but his personality is overbearing. I think I would just see Will Smith and not Luthor.

17. KRYPTON INC.

I think if the film started with Aaron bald and showing that at his core Luthor is just a total ruthless bastrard then I think that is more than enough of a difference, myself. Lex is a sociopath, Two Face is a psychopath. Maybe it's not enough of a differenc though.

I actually want Chiwetel for Black Panther. But I could totally see him as Lex. His turn as The Operative shows he has it in him to fill the shoes of many a legendary villain or hero. The race change thing would also be par for the course in respects to all the recent casting news of CBMs as well.

18. Gianakin_

Yeah, there's a difference between the characters, but I'm not sure we'd get it by Aaron, especially under Snyder's guidance. Aaron's not THAT diverse, and these differences require a superior actor to be presented in a way that would differentiate him from a similar part he might've played in the past.

Yes, Chiwe as BP is pretty good, but I think Lex is a meatier role for him (well, depending on how Goy/Sny/Ben write him).

19. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Well-Known Member

:up:

I agree. And I like both of their thoughts on MOS.

Also, great underrated Superman writer is Mark Millar. Not for his Superman: Red Son stuff, but his Superman: animated series comic.

20. KRYPTON INC.

I could totally see Chiwetel just oozing charisma and charm as Lex when he is in public, and just pure ego driven menace when he's running what ever the next scheme is he has incubating at the moment. I am sure it's the backlash for his race not being that of the source material that keeps something like this from happening.

What's Clive Owen been up to lately? He would be pretty intimidating as both criminal genius and brilliant CEO.

21. Wheels

Wheels Eat my shorts

Owen's career is prety lifeless at the moment. I believe he's hopefuldreamer's favorite for Lex.

22. Gianakin_

Backlash would mean s**t if he was successful. Peopel didn't mind MCD as Kingpin that much.

Intimidating? Probably. He's a pretty lousy actor and a charisma sucker, though. He's the British Andy Garcia.

23. Gianakin_

I like the man, I hope he keeps getting work. Just keep him off prestigious roles like Lex. Shoot 'Em Up was a genius movie prevented from reaching greatness by him.

24. KRYPTON INC.

Wow. Remind me not to make you a Clive Owen shaped cake for our anniversary. :word:

25. Gianakin_

It'd cause a paradox, I'd tell it to eat me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.