BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clive Owen.. so we can all have a Lex Luthor that looks like he hasn't had a shave in 2 days. :woot:

I like the man, I hope he keeps getting work. Just keep him off prestigious roles like Lex. Shoot 'Em Up was a genius movie prevented from reaching greatness by him.

Shoot Em Up's problems stem from it not being what the audiences were expecting. I suspected it was more an adult, over the top comedy from the first ad I saw. But the mass audiences thought they were paying a ticket for a conventional action movie like was produced through the 80's and 90's.

I really think Lex has to be presented as someone no more than 15 years older than Clark, at the most. He needs to be older, but not in a way that makes him from another generation. The difference should be more like youthfulness vs. maturity. Or am I being too obtuse?

Clive Owen.. so we can all have a Lex Luthor that looks like he hasn't had a shave in 2 days. :woot:

Lex is Bald... All over! That's right ladies... All over. :cwink:

When everyone knows it should be Batffleck who should be like that.

Shoot Em Up's problems stem from it not being what the audiences were expecting. I suspected it was more an adult, over the top comedy from the first ad I saw. But the mass audiences thought they were paying a ticket for a conventional action movie like was produced through the 80's and 90's.

I really think Lex has to be presented as someone no more than 15 years older than Clark, at the most. He needs to be older, but not in a way that makes him from another generation. The difference should be more like youthfulness vs. maturity. Or am I being too obtuse?

Agreed on Shoot 'Em Up. Plus Owen.:hehe: Seriously, put Nic Cage versus Giamatti and this guarantees 3 Billions, 15 Oscars, shot in 4D, 150fps (faps per second).

As for Lex, I'd say 10 years older is a happy medium. Clark is 33 (looks 30), Lex should be at most 45 and should look 40.

Last edited:
Shoot 'em Up featured a lot of Monica Bellucci's breasts. I thought it was a pretty good movie.

Javier Bardem...."ooh, Mr. Wayne" :oldrazz:

JavierBardem.jpg

Agreed on Shoot 'Em Up. Plus Owen.:hehe: Seriousluy, put Nic Cage versus Giamatti and this guarantees 3 Billions, 15 Oscars, shot in 4D, 150fps (faps per seconD).

As for Lex, I'd say 10 years older is a happy medium. Clark is 33 (looks 30), Lex should be at most 45 and should look 40.

Precisely!. Which is another reason why I want Lewis for the role. He fits that bracket perfectly. As do DiCaprio and Damon if it has to be a bigger name.

No matter who we pick, it will be wrong.

Trust me on this. Didnt see anyone pick Batfleck.

How bout Kevin Spacey? Its a little " out of left field", I know. It could work though
;)

Also, great underrated Superman writer is Mark Millar. Not for his Superman: Red Son stuff, but his Superman: animated series comic.

Yeah he did some great stuff in Superman Adventures, but what's wrong with Red Son? That's one of the greatest Elseworlds I've ever read, AND particularly it has one of the best depictions of Luthor.

How bout Kevin Spacey? Its a little " out of left field", I know. It could work though
;)

Its such a shame that our chance to have Spacey as Lex, a guy who seems BORN for that role, was utterly wasted in "Returns".

No one's mentioned Kyle Chandler?

He's worked with Ben and a pretty darn good actor too.

180px-Kyle_Chandler-Nov2009.jpg

Not really. Tons of people here picked Cavill.

True. But to be fair, Cavil was on the radar going back to RETURNS. That some would pick an actor that was a hairs breath from getting the part himself 6 years earlier is not that remarkable.

Viggo Mortensen

Let this sink in people. Viggo has been mentioned before, but that was before Ben's casting. Think about that now. Ben and Viggo facing off across the boardroom table. :word:

Viggo is an excellent choice. If this was ten years ago, I would have liked Ed Harris. Strangely, the two remind me of one another.

Viggo is an excellent choice. If this was ten years ago, I would have liked Ed Harris. Strangely, the two remind me of one another.

That western they did together is soooo gooood. :woot:

Bryan Cranston FINALLY got asked about those Lex rumours, and put them to rest.

“I’ve heard that too. Six? This is all news to me. I think that maybe my name is bandied about because I’m known to be bald. ‘What bald guy can we get?’ The reality is they can take any actor and shave his head or put a bald cap on him.

I think I’ll relax the rest of the year. There’s some irons in the fire, things that people are talking about, but nothing is set."

Now we'll be hearing

"He's lying"

And

"CBN were lying"

What's funny is that he called the fanboys out on fancasting anyone without hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"