Days of Future Past // ' Lights, Camera, Action!': The Official Filming DOFP Thread [April15-Oct]

See this is something that annoys me. Why is Beast no longer Beast in some of these scenes?

I'm sure they did this just so Hoult can get actual face time in the film.

Yep that's pretty much it, its for face time

I always said this but I still think they will continue the insecurity from FC with hank wanting to be normal and hiding his beast appearance unable to accept it at least till maybe the end, obviously beast will be seen sometimes but he will look normal more

See this is something that annoys me. Why is Beast no longer Beast in some of these scenes?

I'm sure they did this just so Hoult can get actual face time in the film.

I have 2 words for you-Image Indurcer

Bryan Singer has talked about technology used In film not yet In X-Men films

This solves several problems

1;It allowes Nicholas Holt to be seen In normal face
2:It allowes you to transform him Into beast without rehashing first Class
3:It allowes them to address why there was human looking beast on TV In X2
4:Remember X-Men Evolution? Nightcrawler often had It on even at the mansion when he wasn't taking part in team activies

It's also the 70s and mutants are still in hiding. Unless Beast is to become a complete recluse.

4:Remember X-Men Evolution? Nightcrawler often had It on even at the mansion when he wasn't taking part in team activies

We kinda already worked out it wasn't an image inducer in the pictures of beast and magneto fight because his clothes rip when he is beast

It may be a short term cure or something that holds his form back

Infact maybe if its a short term cure it would explain the new look

Last edited:
It's also the 70s and mutants are still in hiding. Unless Beast is to become a complete recluse.

It would be more of a subplot if he is hiding his appearance, character development similar to FC

Not only hiding, but with Hank's self-loathing attitude it makes complete sense why he would continue to try and look normal. He pretty much scoffed at Mystique's "mutant and proud" line at the end of FC. That's one thing I loved what Vaughn did.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea of an Image Indurcer.

It would be very bad idea to rehash anything In first Class.

Yeah, the image inducer could work differently than in the comics.

If its a temp cure it would be easier to explain why he doesn't look like the beast in FC anymore, another transformation that goes abit different keeping abit of his normal look

:up:

I never saw X-men Evolution though. Despite fans saying it had better animation...I prefer the 90s animated series.

So basically an image inducer is almost like a hologram but it covers him up making him look like before the accident?

:up:

So basically an image inducer is almost like a hologram but it covers him up making him look like before the accident?

In that cartoon yes, but in this probably not because like I said we seen his clothes ripped because of his size in beast form in set pictures which hints at a transformation of sorts

I think it is just a little bit wishful thinking to expect him to hide his appearance only in public when you need some development for his character

Last edited:
U Lucky . . . luck . . . That's Domino, right?

This might be exterior for the mansion they are using for DOFP.

Wolverine and Beast are probally going to be the 1973 X-Men with Xavier.

You're right, it could be the X-Mansion.

I'm not a fan of Nicholas Hoult being in human form again, I just hope there's a good reason for this, like trying to avoid attention from the public. And I don't think they are showing Beast in human form just to show Nicholas Hoult's face, well he's not even a big actor to begin with.

You're right, it could be the X-Mansion.

I'm not a fan of Nicholas Hoult being in human form again, I just hope there's a good reason for this, like trying to avoid attention from the public. And I don't think they are showing Beast in human form just to show Nicholas Hoult's face, well he's not even a big actor to begin with.

might not be a big actor but his a good looking guy they will wanna show off

plus i'm willing to bet his hides his beast form because he is insecure and found a way to hide from it because thats character development he has to over come and continues on from FC, just having him hide his form in public only isn't and doesn't, and singer has already said the younger characters each have something they need to overcome

Last edited:
Are we sure that's Nicholas and not Josh Helman? ;)

The pic of Trask Industries (with it's subtle purple-faced logo) is good a confirmation as any, I would think, especially for a movie that doesn't come out for a little under a year.

Well you say that but I've not heard anything confirming that and by Singer aswell.

Mark Millar said it.

Trask Industies photo.

Singer tweeted an article about robots.

It's based on DoFP.. :huh:

Mark Millar said it.

Trask Industies photo.

Singer tweeted an article about robots.

It's based on DoFP.. :huh:

I didn't know Millar had said it and to be fair its not like they haven't based things on stories before and changed aspects. So looking good from what you've said, to be fair I haven't been following production that closely so far. I kind of want to keep my distance so that I don't know too much.

Anyone think we might get a teaser with the Wolverine?

they will be filming without jackman for a while then? that can only be a good thing for this film

They're constantly filming without Jackman. He takes about 3 days off to go home to NYC every week, and he's had a few full weeks off in the past.

good to know.

Hopefully Bryan films some Quicksilver scenes in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"