Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,I am and I said I was several times already. I also said it needed to make 50M + OW to be on the right track. Looking so far I'm correct on the second part.

no power rangers needed to hit $40,000,000 and it did

What's really sad is all this talk about how the international numbers will save it but no one is mentioning if kids are buying the toys.

Good toy sales could probably guarantee a sequel rather than hoping the Japanese still care about ZyuRanger.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if the toys are selling well with how utterly bland they look.

I think this will have ok legs thanks to WoM. Probably even decent DVD/BR sales too. Absolutely deserves a sequel in my eyes as it was that enjoyable. If I had to compare it to anything in terms of how surprised I was at how much I enjoyed it, it would be Ant Man.

Anecdotal, but my Target toy aisles was in disarray after a few hit the PR section.

Don't have official numbers though.

Just came back from seeing it and I loved it, hopefully there's a sequel.

[BLACKOUT]To be fair, that's not all that is going on during that moment. Goldar is also very visibly starting to destroy the place. There's a comedy bit where she's just chilling out while he does her dirty work. Yes, it's product placement, but that's not all it is.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]I'm aware it wasn't all it was, but it was really distracting for me nonetheless[/BLACKOUT].

Will be seeing it a third time on Tuesday, before my shift starts. Probably will see it a fourth time as well.

so what's the consensus??

better than what was expected? or worse?

so what's the consensus??

better than what was expected? or worse?

I can only speak for myself but I really liked it a few issues aside. Hope it gets a sequel 'cause I expect that to be much more favorable overall now that the origin has come and gone.

I can only speak for myself but I really liked it a few issues aside. Hope it gets a sequel 'cause I expect that to be much more favorable overall now that the origin has come and gone.

good to hear. glad you liked it.

The problem with Power Rangers is a Race Issue

here's the good news power rangers over performs in counties with large Non White populations and here is the bad news, power rangers under performs in counties with large White populations

the good news is good for power rangers in the Asian market

o7q5vc.jpg

I thought the Krispy Kreme stuff was pretty damn funny. The audience laughed at the boat dock when they talked about it. It reminded me a lot of the Taco Bell stuff from "Demolition Man."

here's the good news power rangers over performs in counties with large Non White populations and here is the bad news, power rangers under performs in counties with large White populations

o7q5vc.jpg

Well that sucks! But that's to be expected in today's current political environment. Makes me curious to see how Black Panther performs next years...

o7q5vc.jpg
Did you seriously make this about race? The Fast and the Furious does great around the world. Finn and Poe did not hurt TFA anywhere. This is not a race issue, this is a not caring about a movie that looks cheap, that didn't review well and doesn't have an actual built in audience all that large.

God, the excuses you are coming up with are embarrassing as hell.

So is this movie doing well or not? Or is it failing?

Bad news for PR, it isn't showing in the asian market that really matters...

Grasping at straws for reasons is futile.

That's dedication.

It is flawed, but it's what I wanted as a big screen PR film. I was getting sick of people using the TV show as a punchline and why 'it couldn't work' as a big budget film.

For me, I enjoy it more with each viewing. The character moments are what make the movie for me, and the final 20 minutes where it embraces its TV show heritage is just the icing on the cake.

Plus I have some e-Movie Cash certificates to use, so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"