Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously the Lionsgate theatrical distribution president is not going to s*** talk the film's performance...
Yeah, and one shouldn't blame him. Just keep it in perspective.

Obviously the Lionsgate theatrical distribution president is not going to s*** talk the film's performance...

Excatly,all the studios put a brave face on a bad situation. Face it, staring at not even reaching 100M OS. That's bad!

I think all of us are forgetting one thing: How much did Krispy Kreme pay LG for product placement?

I think all of us are forgetting one thing: How much did Krispy Kreme pay LG for product placement?

:hehe:
By the looks of how much it ended up in reviews. Enough.

I dunno why you guys are freaking out for, $40.5 million opening weekend domestically isn't that bad at all. Beauty and the Beast is on it's second weekend and it's at 88 million.

At least it sounds like Lionsgate is happy so far. Otherwise it would be a lot of "no comments".

585603d34a5b1af5fad3ddc525cf1e83.jpg

My reaction after checking this and the previous page.
You guys posting on other forums need to check the banner/url up top.
Yeah, I visited over there & they kinda seem in denial about it performing poorly overseas.

I dunno why you guys are freaking out for, $40.5 million opening weekend domestically isn't that bad at all. Beauty and the Beast is on it's second weekend and it's at 88 million.

Eh...that movie already made its budget back in the first week.

How to not use product placement #1 example: Power Rangers 2017. Just awful.

After doing my research on lionsgate movies, i can say Power Rangers is going to get a sequel, and is going to have a box office similar to Insurgent

Insurgent:
Production Budget: $110 million
Opening Weekend: $52,263,680

Domestic: $130,179,072
Foreign:
$167,097,257

Power rangers:

Production Budget: $100 million

Opening Weekend $40,500,000

a sequel to this was greenlit, but bombed, so power rangers may get one more chance

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=insurgent.htm

Last edited:

Because, it's not about how it does here in the US. It's about OS, It has to make money over there. For Lionsgate to think of greenliting another one.

I just got back and I loved it. It was the most fun I had at the movies since Ant-Man. The cast really made the film. The reviews said the 3rd act felt like it was in a different movies than the first and they were right but the cast really made it feel like both tones belonged together. Some things could have been explained better like the Megazord and the Power Sword but all in all it was a good movie.
I have no doubt that they are going to go the Green Goblin route with Tommy. Rita still has the Green Ranger armor so whether or not she still has the coin (that's something else they could have explained better) she still is partly in control of the Green Ranger. So Tommy is going to be Norman while Rita will be the Goblin.

After doing my research on lionsgate movies, i can say Power Rangers is going to get a sequel, and is going to have a box office similar to Insurgent

Insurgent:
Production Budget: $110 million
Opening Weekend: $52,263,680

Domestic: $130,179,072
Foreign:
$167,097,257

Power rangers:

Production Budget: $100 million

Opening Weekend $40,500,000

a sequel to this was greenlit, but bombed, so power rangers may get one more chance

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=insurgent.htm

PR not making 130M here or 100M OS. Right now be lucky if it each 80-90 OS

insurgent was strong in south america and europe, but weak in asia, for power rangers i think it is going to be switched

I wonder if this Rita is still a witch which is why she had a staff while the others are just basic beckys.

Eh, I'm not freaking out at all. Analyzing the box office numbers does not mean freaking out. I think I've been very level-headed. The domestic number is okay but the early international number is bad. We have to wait until it's released in the rest of it's overseas markets before talking about those numbers in a complete way though.

Aren't you the same person that said this film would be lucky to barely get 30 million opening weekend?

I hope we get a sequel because this cast more than deserves one! They had amazing chemistry with one another! I'm hoping Zack and Trini get more focus though...

And there were people who said that it would get a Kong style 60mil opening and there were people who said it would open with more than that. A lot of people were wrong, that's the nature of predictions.

Aren't you the same person that said this film would be lucky to barely get 30 million opening weekend?

Yes. With certainty.

We still have a long road ahead of us as far as Box Office is concerned. Might as well steer clear of making bold pronouncements in either direction til we know what kinda legs this thing has.

Yes,I am and I said I was several times already. I also said it needed to make 50M + OW to be on the right track. Looking so far I'm correct on the second part.

And there were people who said that it would get a Kong style 60mil opening and there were people who said it would open with more than that. A lot of people were wrong, that's the nature of predictions.

True. Nobody gets 'em right all the time.

PR isn't necessarily doing horrible and it isn't a runaway success either, it's just performing (thus far) in a very mediocre fashion.

There is (was) Goldar, Scorpina, Green Ranger (obvy). Every season had at least 1-3 big minion villains. In Space had Ecliptor, Astronema, Darkonda. All of whom had more to them then just being evil.

Those characters (besides Green Ranger) are minions at best (they aren't the ones who routinely grow to monster size). Simply doing the GR storyline where everyone already knows the twist and outcome would leave the movie on a bad footing.

The first movie is bad but it recognized it needed to give fans some kind of villain they didn't know from watching the weekly series when they used Ivan Ooze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"