Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually do hope they move forward with a sequel anyway just because the cast deserves another chance, especially RJ Cyler and Naomi Scott. They'll probably be fine regardless but I just think they worked so well off each other for just one movie.

Reading Max Landis' script. Only on page 26

I kinda hate how he made it so that everyone used to friends/already knows each other.

I kinda hate how he made it so that everyone used to friends/already knows each other.

His script is pretty much the total complete opposite of the movie, not sure how to feel about it, havent liked a single Landis film since Chronicle.

The people on those Power Rangers fan boards. They really don't know how anything works. :funny:

Its Landis, you expected to like it? :woot:

Ikr. I stopped reading them after one of the fans called this movie "a success for Lionsgate" :doh:
I am curious about two ideas.

1. That they could make the sequel for less, considering the complaints about the lack of action in the first one and the automatic esclators that come with a sequel for actors.

and

2. Who is going to pay for it? If Lionsgate would only risk so little, why would they risk more? Why would the international partners risk anything?

That being said, I don't know if there will be a sequel, but right now, I'd doubt it. If they were willing to cancel Divergent, can't see it going well here.

Its Landis, you expected to like it? :woot:

Ha hah no I didn't expect to. I just wanted to see the ideas. It was an exhausting read. What he did with Zordon's design was weird. The dialogue was kinda lame and all the teens had the same "voice." I liked Rita's reason for staying on earth though. And it did have a lot more action which would've been better. But I also usually dislike reading big action scripts since there's usually pages of just describing action scenes.

Also do you know why was ISS banned? I just saw that.

Ha hah no I didn't expect to. I just wanted to see the ideas. It was an exhausting read. What he did with Zordon's design was weird. The dialogue was kinda lame and all the teens had the same "voice." I liked Rita's reason for staying on earth though. And it did have a lot more action which would've been better. But I also usually dislike reading big action scripts since there's usually pages of just describing action scenes.

Also do you know why was ISS banned? I just saw that.
:up:

She got her tenth infraction. Nothing dramatic, just the sad circle of life around here.

I think what bothers me about Landis' script is the constant pop-cultural and movie references. I think they just stand out way too much and call too much attention to the descriptions I'm reading not being as good as those movies.

Max Landis is an interesting guy. I get why other people hate him but I find it difficult, despite also noticing how annoying he can be, he's sort of got this mad scientist quality about him that I find entertaining.

So no female Green Ranger?

Max Landis is an interesting guy. I get why other people hate him but I find it difficult, despite also noticing how annoying he can be, he's sort of got this mad scientist quality about him that I find entertaining.

I just wonder if he actually has to make another successful movie or will he get relegated to script doctoring.

Its the blatant sexism that kills it for me. Also for someone so judgmental, he sure makes a lot of bad ****.

Last edited:
That and his attention ****ing. And those that do it for him. Why the hell do I need to hear his opinions?

Power Ranger opening China weekend $3.4 million. China was a bust along with SK. Next stop Japan.

Exhibitor Relations‏ @ERCboxoffice
Bye Bye, POWER RANGERS. Lionsgate's reboot debut with just $3.3M in China this weekend. Sequel hopes...going, going...gone.

So China didn't save the movie?

giphy.gif

Finally got around to watching this. I looked at the box office numbers shortly after and was completely surprised. I thought this would have done much better. Kinda disappointing that a sequel is on it's last legs. I was looking forward to seeing the Green Ranger arc and Lord Zed.

I guess Power Rangers just doesn't have it's mojo like it did in the 90's. I'm not even sure if it's as popular as it is today then it was then with the TV series. I thought they could have had a pretty awesome franchise in the future.

Well, you make a Young Adult movie, you get Young Adult results.

Well, you make a Young Adult movie, you get Young Adult results.

I'm confused as to what this is supposed to mean? Twilight and the Hunger Games made a **** ton of money which this clearly did not.

I'm confused as to what this is supposed to mean? Twilight and the Hunger Games made a **** ton of money which this clearly did not.
That is two movie series. There are way more YA series that failed. A lot more.

That is two movie series. There are way more YA series that failed. A lot more.

I actually thought about that after I posted it then I died a little inside when I realized how much of that garbage I've actually sat through because of my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"