Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
50m isn't shocking. No one has said that will be shocking. Like how when BatB broke the March record. No one was shocked. No one was shocked with Logan or Kong either, and Kong did 20m more then tracking.

he said 50mill in one day that would be shocking 50mill openning weekend wouldnt be shocking since its tracking at 36mill

Which reviews have been exaggerating the movie's flaws? Its kinda a weird point to write since you haven't seen the movie for yourself. Funny enough I have an opportunity to see the movie tomorrow evening for free. Debating whether to go not. :yuk:

Might be wrong but the impression Im getting is PR fans like it and their word of mouth will get other PR fans to go see it. However I dont think the PR fanbase alone can carry this film to success. And I dont think the filmappeals enough to the non PR fans. And lets face it, in a lot of minds PR is an absolute joke because of the cheesy generally awful television shows. And with the bad reviews...I just dont know how the hell this film could ever pull in enough profit.

But Saban might be able to get a sequel made at Lionsgate or with Netflix.

PHP:
ScreenJunkies though.

I'm waiting for Andre Meadows/Black Nerd's review. That would be the real make or break review as in my opinion, he's the Kevin Smith of 80's/90's nostalgia especially for TMNT/Power Ranger fans.

I love Andre as much as the next guy, but i find it very hard to believe he wont like the film. So as much as his word means a lot...his bias is hard to filter through.

Hell I expect him to cameo as Ernie in a sequel....

But Saban might be able to get a sequel made at Lionsgate or with Netflix.

Saban said he's got a meeting with LG on the 25th for story ideas if the movies does well on Friday.

The dude's a shrewd/smart enough businessman to the point where they've planned for a mulligan.

I love Andre as much as the next guy, but i find it very hard to believe he wont like the film. So as much as his word means a lot...his bias is hard to filter through.
He was surprisingly on point with both of the Bay TMNT flicks even whilst acknowledging they weren't good movies.

I'm at least interested to hear if he ends up calling this better than "decent" with the consensus so far or worse.

PHP:

Hell I expect him to cameo as Ernie in a sequel....

Not really, he was plenty critical towards the TMNT movies in the past reviews he did and he expressed disdain at Goldar's design. Yes he does get free swag from Saban being part of the Power Force and all but he's still fairly honest.

I guess he's one definition of a borderline ascended fanboy where the next step would be getting him a cameo as Ernie.

Dino Thunder is my favorite of the series, and i liked Mesogog a lot, i liked how serious he was, even as a kid i thought every Ranger villian was super cheesy, so as a kid when Mesogog showed up i was like "oh wow, he's scary"

He's up their with Lord Zedd.

before he was relegated to a joke, Zedd was not to be messed with as a formable and calculating to the Rangers. He was basically Darth Vader and damn did he not disappoint. His face-off against Tommy is a prefect example.

So I'm not the only one. I think he's a terrible "reviewer."

Likewise I can't really stand him. He's on collider now and some of their shows he is on with Mark Ellis and it gets to be way too much. They both try way too hard to be funny, and they aren't at all imo.

speaking of Andre
[YT]vtmAsMfE-QI[/YT]

Well that settles it. All my litmus tests for this movie are satisfied. Can't wait to see it tomorrow and enjoy the movie.

Again, I'll be extra surprised if Chris Stuckmann likes the movie.

RJ Cyler was the main reason I was interested in this. I really liked the dude in Me and Earl and the Dying Girl which was one of my favorite films of 2015. I'm glad he is getting so much praise, but as far as box-office prospects go it's better to just wait and see, because you never know. With a budget in the low 100's though I wouldn't think an opening in the 30's would be considered a terrible start, but whether or not it crosses $100M might determine if a sequel is coming or not. Also, OS will really need to help it as well.

I'm totally fine with this movie being as average as average can get... That works. I just REALLY hope we get a sequel, and I really hope they can knock it out of the park with it.

C7kEqjEWsAAmsDJ.jpg

C7kD5kJW0AEsIq1.jpg:large

@kj2005dawn time to press the edit button, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members