Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 5

The Deadline article mentions how Fox will probably be busy with not only War, but Greatest Showman, Orient Express, The Post and Logan as well, so there's hope they launch a strong campaign for Logan as well.

It sucks that Hugh has Logan and Greatest Showman in the same year though. I think it was Jeff Sneider and Justin Kroll who said the film has been testing very strongly for awhile now.

I think Patrick Stewart could nab a Best Supporting Nomination. Hugh's got Greatest Showman coming out that might be what he gets the nomination for, but it might be a Russell Crowe Gladiator/The Insider thing where both of his recent acclaimed performances are taken into account. Fox seem to be keen on pushing auteur genre work forward.

The Deadline article mentions how Fox will probably be busy with not only War, but Greatest Showman, Orient Express, The Post and Logan as well, so there's hope they launch a strong campaign for Logan as well.

It sucks that Hugh has Logan and Greatest Showman in the same year though. I think it was Jeff Sneider and Justin Kroll who said the film has been testing very strongly for awhile now.

Fox should have released Logan in Oscar season, same as Eddie the Eagle last year. They are just horrible with release dates and Greatest Showman is gonna have to face a pretty strong backlash from insane SJWs outraged that there is a movie like that about Burnam

Yes, as the last Jackman Wolverine movie, I would have taken the gamble and pushed for a fall release date. The market is croweded, but it still would have found its audience and truly be apart of the wave of Oscar discussion.

As it is, the movie is simply too far away and will no doubt get overshadowed by even Jackman's own Greatest Showman.

FOX will have to push HARD and I just don't think they are all that willing.

Well, Logan is the only Oscar worthy CBM in a long long while so it would be nice to see some nominations happen.

I think Patrick Stewart could nab a Best Supporting Nomination. Hugh's got Greatest Showman coming out that might be what he gets the nomination for, but it might be a Russell Crowe Gladiator/The Insider thing where both of his recent acclaimed performances are taken into account. Fox seem to be keen on pushing auteur genre work forward.
I get the vibe that Fox wants to take advantage of the new Academy voters as well pushing auteur genre work forward in the way WB did for Mad Max Fury Road. It's definitely possible, and War for POTA and Logan are some of the best auteur genre films we've had in forever with some towering performances. I hope they push forward hard with it.

You know, I'm kind of curious about one thing. Assuming if "Deadpool" is really considered to be canon with the overall X-Men Cinematic Universe and Cable is really presented as being Scott's descendant/off-spring, then could that mean that Scott was one of the few X-Men to survive the incident involving Professor X?

I mean in order for Cable to exist, that means that Scott must have had survived the incident and went on to have children of his own later on.

I mean in order for Cable to exist, that means that Scott must have had survived the incident and went on to have children of his own later on.
Scott was 17 in 1983 which means he is 57 in the "happy future" from DOFP. So they probably had Cable way before that and thus he could already be dead. ;)

You know, I'm kind of curious about one thing. Assuming if "Deadpool" is really considered to be canon with the overall X-Men Cinematic Universe and Cable is really presented as being Scott's descendant/off-spring, then could that mean that Scott was one of the few X-Men to survive the incident involving Professor X?

if they didn't die on screen, they're not dead :p

Actually, I am very curious to know who was behind the North Dakota coordinates. Was someone really there? I mean, the idea is the kids can fare for themselves, but they won't if they run into some Sentinels or other.

When Logan keeps talking about purchasing a boat, does anybody else think there's a small chance he knew about another base out at sea, i.e. Genosha?

Would love to see Hugh and Patrick score nominations for this film. Fingers crossed.

And hopefully Dafne Keen, too. I don't think she'd win or have as good a chance as Jackman and Stewart, but it'd be nice to see her nominated because she did so well by saying very little. And even when she started talking, she showed plenty of range.

If there was justice this would win so many awards. But just a nomination for Hugh would be so lovely

Good for Fox for trying but this won't get a nomination. But we'll see.

that's bold move for fox to get first dvd position. interesting.

If there was justice this would win so many awards. But just a nomination for Hugh would be so lovely
Just a nomination would be incredible. Imagine, the first CBM to ever be nominated for Best Actor, and it's a Wolverine film. One of the genre's most iconic characters, and played by none other than one of the best to ever be a superhero. Hugh's performance in this film was soul-bearing, as was Patrick and Dafne's.

I don't want to say it's better than Heath's, but Hugh/Patrick/Dafne may have seized spots 2-4 among the greatest single performances in a CBM. A nomination in any major category would be a win for Fox.

I want Patrick Stewart to get a nomination! He's the definitive film version of Charles Xavier!

I don't see them getting a nomination, but damn they really deserve it. If any type of superhero movie would be able to get a nomination, it would be something like Logan though.

Just a nomination would be incredible. Imagine, the first CBM to ever be nominated for Best Actor, and it's a Wolverine film. One of the genre's most iconic characters, and played by none other than one of the best to ever be a superhero. Hugh's performance in this film was soul-bearing, as was Patrick and Dafne's.

I don't want to say it's better than Heath's, but Hugh/Patrick/Dafne may have seized spots 2-4 among the greatest single performances in a CBM. A nomination in any major category would be a win for Fox.

For me Hugh is number 1, then Heath, then Michelle Pfeiffer.

I really may never forgive Fox for releasing this in March and not now. Best Actor field is weak enough for Hugh to get in for acclaimed movie with strong performance which Logan was but the release date works so much against it

I thought Stewart and Jackman did great, but I also think Dafne Keen did an incredible job, much like Anna Paquin did with the Piano when she was 11.

The Grand Budapest Hotel managed to score noms whilst being a March release so there is some hope for Logan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"